FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Fixtures published Friday 17th June

CELTIC1CALEY3

I had hoped Charlie Bannerman would have pointed that out within the constraints of any embargo!

no embargo ! neither Charles Bannerman, the BBC, the rest of the media, the clubs, or other sites who are licensed to display fixtures (eg. CTO) get sent them any more than an hour or two (if that) before they are allowed to be displayed !

I seem to recollect last season the opening day fixtures seem to filter out a few days before they were due to be announced, due to Sky and ESPN needing to arrange TV coverage for them.

I had hoped Charlie Bannerman would have pointed that out within the constraints of any embargo!

no embargo ! neither Charles Bannerman, the BBC, the rest of the media, the clubs, or other sites who are licensed to display fixtures (eg. CTO) get sent them any more than an hour or two (if that) before they are allowed to be displayed !

As I recollect, that was certainly the case last season where the list went up on the SPL site at the appointed time and I'm not actually sure if they were sent out to the media in advance at all. It may even have been a few minutes after. However I do recollect some advance speculation in the days running up to the release.

But realistically, is there not something of an over reaction to the release of the SPL fixtures? After all it's just the annual "who plays whom when" list. Everybody plays everybody else but to be realistic the "when" is of relatively minor interest.

On the other hand the media have little else to report on football at this time and the fans are beginning to suffer from withdrawal symptoms so it always gets a bit overhyped. Maybe the appearance of the fixture list helps the deprived fans to visualise the forthcoming season though.

youre absolutely right charles, however for the least amoung us (me) who have four airports to choose to fly to, the earlier the better so i can save the ? and therefore have a better time/ make the trip north more times through the season. i will definitely be up for the opening game :)

Guest Mahonio

Wow, i can't wait for Friday, I have to draws which will interest me that day :twothumbsup:.

1st off, the new season SPL fixtures are released AND the draw for Wimbledon takes place.

My take on who i want to start season off against.... Don't really care, we are good enough to beat ANYBODY on our day :wink:, would prefer a big team though eg. Hearts, Rangers, Dundee Utd etc.

just an update .....

Fixtures will be supplied to clubs (and other license holders) at 8AM (UK time) tomorrow morning with a publishing embargo to 9AM. This (presumably) allows clubs to get the details typed into a story or fixture list page in time for the 9am deadline.

Our fixture license - as an authorised 'fan' site - allows us to display only ICT fixtures not everyone else's in our fixture list. As 9AM UK time is 4AM Toronto time, I do not know when we will have them up on the site ... perhaps Don will have time to add them, I dont know.

However, as with every year, I know the temptation for some will be to go to another site, copy them and then cut and paste these within the boards ..... PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. Our license does not allow us to display them and we have no option but to delete posts that break our license terms.

If you must be the first one to display a list .... please make it easy on us all and just post a link to a site like BBC or SKY or somewhere like that which will have permission to display fixtures of multiple clubs.

Thank You in advance !

• Agree 2

I can't WAIT for tomorrow! I love planning weekends away around our games, especially this year as Mr CJ is in hospital after having an op earlier this week, I'm counting this as an important part of his rehabilitation! :ictscarf:

For some daft reason we've got Hearts at home twice, same as last year. Obviously good for the coffers as we only get the Dons once this season, but bad for the Tynie awaydays - Nov 26 will be eagerly awaited.

Also Hibs at home twice so only one trip to Easter Road on Dec 28 which is a Wednesday.

Unless we finish in the top six of course.