FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Keep the faith

TopSix

Early doors in the new season, time to keep the faith. I've got the obligatory end of season away game bet on with Alternative Maryhill. I do think when the team gels we can and will secure a top six finish this season. That is all. As yis were.

Early doors in the new season, time to keep the faith. I've got the obligatory end of season away game bet on with Alternative Maryhill. I do think when the team gels we can and will secure a top six finish this season. That is all. As yis were.

You can just send a cheque now if you want...

You can just send a cheque now if you want...

Harsh. But probably fair after today...

Reverse psychology could work, he could rebrand himself as bottom six next year, as long as he does not go overboard and call himself Championees then we should be ok.

I will always keep the faith but I am getting a bit edgy as losing can become a habit and confidence sapping - also getting too far adrift at the bottom is sould destroying. We are beginning to look fer the turn of the tide at the end of very game now. I never thought that I would say this but I am not bothered about the result against Ayr and wouldnt be bothered if we went mega change style. I really wanted a cup run this season but the clear focus must be placed on the two home games against Killie and the Jam Tarts.

From a positive or perhaps reasonable excuse perspective - we have had a pre season and a start ravaged by injuries and suspensions - we have never had a settled squad to select from - we have made some very promising signings - the "togetherness" factor appears to be remaining intact but so many changes and newbies takes time to gel - time which we now dont have.

From a negative perspective is that we have not secured an out and out striker which we clearly need - worringly and shockingly - irrespective of all the injuries etc. we still do not have to settled on a "system" and Terry and Mo clearly do not know what their preferred starting X1 are - I am very worried that they have been so reactive in both sticking with some players (Proctor / Tade) and throwing others in at the deep end (Aldred / Golobart) and not looking at giving some of the more long standing squad players such as Morrison and Sutherland a run in the team. The return to the "hoof" tactic is just wrong and it worries me that Terry and Mo appear to be 1-2 weeks behind some of the more astute armchair managers on this forum. A lack of consistency and a predication to reactive change have always been Terry's achilles heel.

0-1 points from the next two home games and I will be beginning to really worry and we are already becoming dependent on other results. The team selection and tactics are vital to get us up and running.

I BELIEVE

• Agree 1

First ever season in SPL we had 4 points from the first eleven games, and everyone had written us off, yet we finished that season in 8th with 44 points. 07/08 season we lost our first six league games yet still finished 9th with 43 points.

There is a long way to go yet and we have the players that can pull us up the table. We just need to get them all fit again then it'll all come good.

If only it was as simple as that - lets face it - we are in the worst position that we have been in fer a long time - we are frankly disorganised and struggling to find consistency - due to injury / suspension to a degree but we have to find a proper striker on loan - we have to decide on the main system to utilise - and we have to decide who the first X1 is.

SIMPLES

Terry said when we signed Meekings for the future and not for this season, And in all fairness to the lad he wont get ahead of Aldred/Tokely or Hogg so not sure how Meekings coming back is going to make a huge amount of difference,

Am just hoping when McKay becomes fit he is a super striker

First ever season in SPL we had 4 points from the first eleven games, and everyone had written us off, yet we finished that season in 8th with 44 points. 07/08 season we lost our first six league games yet still finished 9th with 43 points.

There is a long way to go yet and we have the players that can pull us up the table. We just need to get them all fit again then it'll all come good.

i think in those days we had a regular goal scorers . where are we going to get one of them. certainly not one in the current squad

I always keep the faith and have faith in the management team and the players however there are a few things that need sorting to get things going:

- a settled team selection for one must be sorted out, yes we have injuries/suspensions but we are chopping/changing other players not just through injuries/suspensions for reasons known to the management team. If not a settled first team a settled back 4 is a must. If they are settled it brings confidence throughout the team and much more likely not to ship goals.

- we need a decision on who our main striker is going to be and fast, if it is Foran then do we play with two wingers complementing him or one behind him or one with him, whoever or whatever way it is it needs sorting soon. If TB thinks we need another striker then hopefully he'll get one.

- we need to start better, a half time bollocking should not be needed to get the team going, if it is then they should get it before the game starts.

I saw signs yesterday to suggest we will be fine but we desperately need a win by whatever means necessary.

• Agree 1