FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Davis

AJS

David Davis would like his loan deal at Caley Thistle from Wolves to be extended until the end of the season.
(The Sun)

David Davis told the BBC that Mr Cameron should not accept any moves by the EU's 17 eurozone states to form their own union. He said Mr Cameron should reject any moves to strike a deal within the eurozone, without going through all 27 EU states. He said fiscal union within the eurozone had "huge implications" for Britain. "The raw politics of this is, if there is a significant change in the balance of power in Europe, it has big implications for a our future - that's the point at which you have to have a referendum."
(BBC)

What a dude!

• Agree 1

There would be little point in Davis returning to Wolves if McCarthy's bid to take Emmanuel Frimpong & Francis Coquelin on loan from Arsenal is successful. Even if it isn't, moves for other midfielders are likely.

The other option for David would be a loan move elsewhere, but if he's enjoying his football here, and Wolves are paying his wages anyway, his preferred option will be to stay here I think.

For those on Twitter ... If you follow any of the players tweets you kinda get a sense of some decent camaraderie between them ...

Enjoy him while he is here and lets hope he can (and wants to) stay longer !!

For those on Twitter ... If you follow any of the players tweets you kinda get a sense of some decent camaraderie between them ...

Enjoy him while he is here and lets hope he can (and wants to) stay longer !!

i know what you mean scotty...the banter and **** taking is quite good somedays there is a definite set of ring leaders amongst them and it does make fo some interesting reading too

• 2 weeks later...

Midfielder David Davis, who has impressed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle, could be loaned closer to home in the new year.

?David has done particularly well apparently,? said the boss.

?Although they want to keep him, if we can get him into a Championship club or somewhere else that continues his development, then fine.?

Read more:?http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/12/17/wolves-willing-to-cash-in-on-out-of-favour-strikers/#ixzz1gnMBugLj

Hope no one else comes in for him!

• 3 weeks later...

If he feels his improving all the time then its probably good for all concerned to stay to the end of the season, then hes got on his cv that he helped put ICT in the top six for the first time and possibly a European place,(5 places on offer next season) that will count for a lot more than leaving when we are third from the bottom,he will have a far bigger bargaining chip in a few months if he stays, he may be getting games but is it enough?

I think unfortunately we can wave goodbye to David. He has just tweeted saying 'Back in England as of sunday thanks to everyone :) x' which is a bit of a blow.

I really hope that McCarthy loans him to someone who plays him because if not I'll be really P'd off.

Although, I wish David all the best and thank him for his time at ICT

sad.gif

Really gutted about this. He was a huge presence for us on the pitch. I don't think we currently have a suitable replacement for him but there's a few weeks until the end of January so there's a chance we can get someone in.

Edited by RiG

Really gutted about this. He was a huge presence for us on the pitch.

Agreed, that's a big loss. Part and parcel of loan deals though.

Looks like he was gone even before the St Johnstone game was due to played.

Edit - I think I misinterpreted his alleged tweet as referring to being back in England Sunday past, where I now think he might mean this coming Sunday.

Edited by Yngwie

DavidDavis91 David Davis

Back in England as of sunday thanks to everyone :) x

Looks like he's away.

Really?

From the said article: The midfielder has confirmed to club officials the messages were not posted by him, and he has now deleted his account.

I know they don't mean him saying back in England but if he no longer has an account? Never say never!

Edited by Govan Jaggie

Cox will be his replacement. It would be nice of him to stay but it's probably our strongest area, with Cox, Tansey and A.Shinnie ready to step in, plus need to see about Tudur-Jones and Proctor coming back. If money's tight, it's Hogg that's the priority for replacement.

Guest Mahonio

Cox will be his replacement. It would be nice of him to stay but it's probably our strongest area, with Cox, Tansey and A.Shinnie ready to step in, plus need to see about Tudur-Jones and Proctor coming back. If money's tight, it's Hogg that's the priority for replacement.

Thanks, you just answered the question that i was about to ask: If Davis did go, what position would we need to look at getting a signing for? I was going to say Centre Back or Stiker.