FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Classic : ICT 3-2 Celtic

Yngwie

This week's SPL Classic on the BBC website is our victory from December 2007.

Enjoy!

This brings back happy memories - and not just of the great win itself. I had just become a dad for the first time a few days beforehand, and was watching the game at home while we had all these relatives round. They were all going goo-goo ga-ga at the baby, whilst I was focused purely on the screen and was going ga-ga in a different way.

The following week I made it to Tynecastle for the fantastic injury time 3-2 win, which I believe made it 5 wins in a row for us.

Happy days!

Fantastic! And, for the record, a couple of decisions that went our way.

Great days and fantastic performances. Must have had a great manager then? Oh no it was Brewster and of course, everything he never did anything worth any credit did he?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

love this...still makes me smile

it was a good celtic team we beat

we won

that goal by cowie was obscene...how he got away with running through the two defenders is beyond me.

despite all the chances celtic had they still couldnt get it back

Strachans reaction was great...he bit like a beauty :P

proctor really did ride his luck with that nudge on mcdonald though and it also brought up bad memories of the whole niculae debacle

at the end though all in all good clip so thanks bbc

My favourite DVD of all time. Has been replayed so often in my house, it must be getting worn out - though I must admit I fast-forward the first 30 minutes. A great game, to have been there and also to recall, time after time. The commentators expected Celtic to come back, but they didnt, and that increases the pleasure of listening to the commentary, even though it was four years ago. A great day.

Does anyone else recall Frank McAvennie's post match rant? He literally ripped Celtic apart. I also seem to recall next to no praise from Strachan. A week before christmas and was the greatest game id been too. Goals, red cards, contreversy, a world class save from no other than Ike Fraser and the roof of North Stand nearly lifting off when Don Cowie rolled in the 3rd goal...truelly was a game that had everything.

My favourite DVD of all time. Has been replayed so often in my house, it must be getting worn out - though I must admit I fast-forward the first 30 minutes. A great game, to have been there and also to recall, time after time. The commentators expected Celtic to come back, but they didnt, and that increases the pleasure of listening to the commentary, even though it was four years ago. A great day.

dvd....where did you get that from?? though it does spring to mind that surely by now we have enough to create an old firm highlights disc

would be good to have the 2-1 against rangers on disc too. loved that one

Edited by Tug

Guest Mahonio

dvd....where did you get that from?? though it does spring to mind that surely by now we have enough to create an old firm highlights disc

I was thinking that as well Tug, if there is a DVD of this game i would love a copy, if i knew where to look :twothumbsup:.

I was thinking that as well Tug, if there is a DVD of this game i would love a copy, if i knew where to look :twothumbsup:.

Game was on tv and my dvd is from that.

Was supposed to be going to Spain on the Sat missed the flight by 1 min. Got to the desk and the girl said check in closed at quarter past, looked at my watch and it was 1.16!! We considered going back to Inverness for the game the next day but thought na we will just get beat anyway, so stayed in Glasgow and watched it in pub there!

Every time I am just a wee bit bored, and nil on tv worth a second glance, then on goes my dvd player and so, tonight, for the umpteenth time I have relived this game and, so, why didnt the commentators really give us true credit! Joy of joys!! Maybe this Saturday I will get another memorable dvd to replace this one (my absolute favourite).