FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V HEARTS - matchday thread

Scotty

Clearly some people are finding it hard to be pleased by anything ICT do at the minute.

We created numerous chances and our midfield was superb linking defence with attack as good as I have seen from us this season. Yes we didn't score goals which is disappointing but we created many good chances and soon the goals will come - just a bit of bad luck saw us miss out e.g. Wilsons shot bringing a fine save from an excellent keeper, the header from Blackie off the bar and Dargos great run and shot.

Fair enough to ask where are the goals going to come from but to criticise the midfield is somewhat harsh. They are the ones creating the chances - surely the strikers should do most of the scoring?

That said they were up against a top class keeper yesterday and I'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything but we did a grand job of keeping Hearts on the back foot for long periods I felt.

McBain seems to be getting some stick on here and not really sure why. He was solid if unspectacular. he did the job he had to, his passing was good, he helped out the defence and got forward to support the attack whenever possible. Maybe some would like to see him score a hat trick before he gets pass marks next week?

Agree with HCs ratings though actually give Duncan  :003: :003: :003: :003: as I thought while he started the game looking a bit lax he came onto a good game in the end and ct out a number of Hearts attacks.

Wilson might not have pace but he can whip in an excellent ball - note the difference in his corners and Rankins? They were much better.

Clearly some people are finding it hard to be pleased by anything ICT do at the minute.

We created numerous chances and our midfield was superb linking defence with attack as good as I have seen from us this season. Yes we didn't score goals which is disappointing but we created many good chances and soon the goals will come - just a bit of bad luck saw us miss out e.g. Wilsons shot bringing a fine save from an excellent keeper, the header from Blackie off the bar and Dargos great run and shot.

Fair enough to ask where are the goals going to come from but to criticise the midfield is somewhat harsh. They are the ones creating the chances - surely the strikers should do most of the scoring?

That said they were up against a top class keeper yesterday and I'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything but we did a grand job of keeping Hearts on the back foot for long periods I felt.

McBain seems to be getting some stick on here and not really sure why. He was solid if unspectacular. he did the job he had to, his passing was good, he helped out the defence and got forward to support the attack whenever possible. Maybe some would like to see him score a hat trick before he gets pass marks next week?

Agree with HCs ratings though actually give Duncan  :003: :003: :003: :003: as I thought while he started the game looking a bit lax he came onto a good game in the end and ct out a number of Hearts attacks.

Wilson might not have pace but he can whip in an excellent ball - note the difference in his corners and Rankins? They were much better.

How dare you!! :016:

I thought the boys done really well yesterday, as did Gordon. Says a lot when our right sided defender gets caught offside :003: and puts pressure on Gordon. The game was there for the taking and we should have won it but, alas, we didnt.

Now for the controversy..... Wyness... In my opinion, he's not good enough. Yes he can show a bit of trickery when the ball is put at his feet but he doesn't work. When he loses the ball he stops dead, doesnt move around searching out space. Three or four times when he should have chased down Gordon and put pressure on him to make a mistake he just stopped and stood. He's one of the laziest strikers in the modern game. And to me thats not good enough. Bayne works very hard. Wyness doesn't.

Guest PaulieBee

It took us until the last 10 minutes or so of the first half to get going and after that we maybe did enough to win.

A couple of good saves by Gordon in the second half showed why he's Scotlands no.1 and an equally good save by Brown towards the end showed why he shouldnt be that far behind Gordon in the pecking order.

On the plus side we are creating enough chances to win games...I just wish we good put the damm thing in the onion bag.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"Bayne works very hard. Wyness doesn't."

He always looks kind of shy and stand offish, but I remember thinking the same thing back in the lower leagues, I didn't understand why Pele kept playing him, but he went on to become our all time best goalscorer and was scouted by some Premiership clubs. So obviously Pele knew what he was doing!

I noticed he was given a standing ovation by some of the Hearts fans when he got subbed, I bet they don't do that for opposition players very often. He can't have done all that badly when he was down there.

He is a class player, but only if you're patient with him. When he's a bit part player (like at Aberdeen and Hearts) he doesn't produce the goods, but if you play him week in week out, he chugs away and always manages to chalk up a decent tally.

Wyness's job isn't to run around like a headless chicken. He is there to score goals. Fair enough he isn't scoring at the minute but he is lacking match sharpness and I'd prefer him to concentrate on getting the ball in the back of the net as opposed to running after the ball all the time wasting his energy.

I seem to remember a similar issue with paul Ritchie come to think of it...