FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wednesday's Nessie Mascot

Wasnt meant to be a touchy reply, dont get sucked in Charles as I think the so called fan is actually a scout, Nessie may be a potential transfer target for a bigger club.

No, no! You seem to misunderstand me 12th man! I was saying "Too-shay" (as in Turtle or fencing). I was only acknowledging that you were maybe winding me up/ trying to hoist me with my own petard in a good natured manner in response to my earlier refusal to name the Fifth Man in the Muirfield Mills consortium! :lol:

And I can assure you that the fan is unlikely to be a scout so you can rest easy about the future of Nessie!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Wasnt meant to be a touchy reply, dont get sucked in Charles as I think the so called fan is actually a scout, Nessie may be a potential transfer target for a bigger club.

No, no! You seem to misunderstand me 12th man! I was saying "Too-shay" (as in Turtle or fencing). I was only acknowledging that you were maybe winding me up/ trying to hoist me with my own petard in a good natured manner in response to my earlier refusal to name the Fifth Man in the Muirfield Mills consortium! :lol:

And I can assure you that the fan is unlikely to be a scout so you can rest easy about the future of Nessie!

A small misunderstanding I thought you were writing touchy in Invernessian, If you had typed touché it would have been apt. lol

You really are total prat, Charles. First off, part of the fun in being mascot is the anonymity. Secondly, such anonymity is what gives some people the confidence to be more outgoing...especially when it is a younger person.

You come over all Mr Confidentiality when it suits you and then quite happily blurt out on a public forum when there's obviously nothing in it for you to remain schtoom.

Pathetic!!!

• Agree 2

You really are total prat, Charles. First off, part of the fun in being mascot is the anonymity. Secondly, such anonymity is what gives some people the confidence to be more outgoing...especially when it is a younger person.

You come over all Mr Confidentiality when it suits you and then quite happily blurt out on a public forum when there's obviously nothing in it for you to remain schtoom.

Pathetic!!!

Mmm.. interesting to see an attempt to draw a parallel here between the club's latest investors and the wearer of the mascot suit! :confused:

Oh well.... maybe it's at this stage that I should suggest (see post 16) that the Sneck phonetic spelling of the word in question might in fact be "Tut- chee!"

Valid observation by IHE in post 20 as well.

PS - is there a separate rule for Site Admin with regard to the making of abusive posts?

Surprised that you, especially in your capacity as a teacher, could be so ignorant or blindly dismissive of the consequences of your actions.

PS - I think you'll find there's a report button on my posts, just the same as their are on everyone else's. If you have an objection to anything I have said then that is what it is there for.

Right from the original post on this thread I made it quite clear that I would be equally happy with an answer in the public domain or by PM.

Caley D, as a party to this thread from an early stage, was hence clearly aware of the distinct possibility that the name would, sooner or later, appear publicly on here unless a request was made to the contrary. Had that been made it would have been observed but it never was.

He therefore had several hours to act pre-emptively and request that anonymity was retained, but did not do so - preferring instead to whinge after the event.

And given my previous experience of the pointlessness of endless nitpicking dialogues with Caley D on CTO, :argue: I hereby conclude my contribution to this thread. :wave:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Right from the original post on this thread I made it quite clear that I would be equally happy with an answer in the public domain or by PM.

Caley D, as a party to this thread from an early stage, was hence clearly aware of the distinct possibility that the name would, sooner or later, appear publicly on here unless a request was made to the contrary. Had that been made it would have been observed but it never was.

He therefore had several hours to act pre-emptively and request that anonymity was retained, but did not do so - preferring instead to whinge after the event.

And given my previous experience of the pointlessness of endless nitpicking dialogues with Caley D on CTO, :argue: I hereby conclude my contribution to this thread. :wave:

Charles, since I was aware that the person was pretty much anonymous I felt that those who were in the know would be sensible enough not to name them publicly.

It would seem that my estimation of those people was correct, as none did name the person on here. My downfall, if indeed you can pin this one on me, was to have underestimated your ability to have spotted the pitfalls of such action and counselled accordingly....but I do admire the fact that you are willing to admit to an inability to think for yourself. Since you trust yourself so little, then perhaps a request to have all your posts moderated by the team here should be considered? We can then ascertain the consequences of your posts on your behalf and you can blame us for everything of yours that appears on this site?

Surely as a journalist you should be aware that everything you say/print has consequences (good or bad)? And surely as a school teacher you should be acutely aware that when it involves youngsters then those (possible) consequences are magnified greatly?

As for the parallel with the new investors....

You were happy to admit (gloat about) knowing who they were but refused to post names...and still refuse to give the name of the last one (which is fine, I have no issue with that)...claiming that it was perhaps better to drop the issue as the investors seemed motivated to make further contribution. I assume you felt that the naming of these people prematurely, or naming of the last person subsequently, would have perhaps damaged that motivation so you chose to keep schtoom.

Why did the same thought process not come in to play when considering the consequences of naming the new occupant of the mascot costume. By your own admission you were happy to receive the information privately...which you obviously did...yet you chose to come back on and name names instead of just saying you had your info and the question no longer needed answered?

I know you are done with your contributions to this thread...some people just aren't willing and/or able to admit when they screw up, choosing instead to blame others and continue in the belief that any further comment or questioning by others is somehow pointless or insignificant...que sera.

• Agree 1