FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Tickets

Fanoffooty

Bought my 2 season tickets and sponsored a player. Will probably be able to use the tickets 3 to four times a season but the club needs all the support it can get and if that helps I m happy to do what I can.

Well done "S" you are very fortunate that you can afford to be so generous. :thumbup:

All the studies I've seen and discussions I have taken part in show that what happens on the pitch comes way down the list of factors which effect a persons decision to attend a football match. Results/Style of play tend to be just an easy excuse for those who find the overall football** experience far less enjoyable.

What clubs need to do is to drill down into things a bit more to get to the bottom of it as it will be slightly different for different clubs. What we as fans can do to help with that is to take a look at our own interactions with out clubs and be more specific about what "turns us off"...and communicate that via constructive criticism and offer up ideas as to what could be done to improve it. That way clubs don't have to try and be mind-readers and it forces them to think about investing in changes off the pitch as well as on it.

I am really suprised about that, all the people I have spoken to that have been "turned off" ICT last season all say it was down to the rotten football on offer.

Edited by gordieict

I totally believe that is what people are telling you, and it's probably what they believe themselves. It surprised me also, but when you start to drill down into the reasons then the on the park aspect quite quickly turns out to be far from the deciding factor.

Once you start to think about it, then it starts to make a bit of sense. After all, how many of us starting following ICT because of their silky smooth world class football and habit of winning everything the competed for? Ok, so that's taking it to the extreme, but for most "the calling" is so much more than what happens on the pitch. ICT is about more than 90 minutes on a Saturday (TV permitting!!!) it's the chat we take part in about them all week on here, it's the banter with mates in the pub, it's the banter and craic with the opposition fans, it's about letting loose at the game with a bit of chanting and a sing song, it's about spending time with family and friends and having that common interest.

I'm not saying what happens on the park has nothing to do with it....but most of us have followed ICT up through the leagues, so playing in the top flight was never the initial draw, it's certainly not winning cups and we could probably all list a few losses among our "best days out".

Test they theory...next time someone tells you they're not coming to the football any more because the performances on the pitch are crap, take the time to question/talk to them a bit more about it and see if some/all of the above is not a bigger factor.

The good news is that it's easier, if people are willing, to put these things right than it is for us to have any influence whatsoever on the pitch...in fact, the only way for us to influence what happens on the pitch is to improve what happens off of it, get more people along supporting the team and give the club more money to invest in the playing side of things.

Complete the Fans Charter Survey I just posted information about and see what comes out the other side when the results are compiled....you'll probably be far more surprised than what you are now.

I totally believe that is what people are telling you, and it's probably what they believe themselves. It surprised me also, but when you start to drill down into the reasons then the on the park aspect quite quickly turns out to be far from the deciding factor.

Once you start to think about it, then it starts to make a bit of sense. After all, how many of us starting following ICT because of their silky smooth world class football and habit of winning everything the competed for? Ok, so that's taking it to the extreme, but for most "the calling" is so much more than what happens on the pitch. ICT is about more than 90 minutes on a Saturday (TV permitting!!!) it's the chat we take part in about them all week on here, it's the banter with mates in the pub, it's the banter and craic with the opposition fans, it's about letting loose at the game with a bit of chanting and a sing song, it's about spending time with family and friends and having that common interest.

I'm not saying what happens on the park has nothing to do with it....but most of us have followed ICT up through the leagues, so playing in the top flight was never the initial draw, it's certainly not winning cups and we could probably all list a few losses among our "best days out".

Test they theory...next time someone tells you they're not coming to the football any more because the performances on the pitch are crap, take the time to question/talk to them a bit more about it and see if some/all of the above is not a bigger factor.

The good news is that it's easier, if people are willing, to put these things right than it is for us to have any influence whatsoever on the pitch...in fact, the only way for us to influence what happens on the pitch is to improve what happens off of it, get more people along supporting the team and give the club more money to invest in the playing side of things.

Complete the Fans Charter Survey I just posted information about and see what comes out the other side when the results are compiled....you'll probably be far more surprised than what you are now.

Thanks for the reply Caley D some very valid points.

I looked at the Fans Charter Survey but its got no option to say poor standards of football are a reason to reduce the matchday enjoyment :lol:

That's because during the initial consultation on the Fans Charter (which some ICT fans participated in) it wasn't one of the top reasons.

I don't think any of the ICT Fans at that initial meeting ranked it very high on the list of priorities for a good matchday....in fact it seemed to come as a bit of an afterthought!!!

That's because during the initial consultation on the Fans Charter (which some ICT fans participated in) it wasn't one of the top reasons.

I don't think any of the ICT Fans at that initial meeting ranked it very high on the list of priorities for a good matchday....in fact it seemed to come as a bit of an afterthought!!!

Was just joking, its good to see these type of surveys, I hope everyone participates after all we are all quick enough to moan.

Just went on e-ticketing - can't see how to actually go through far enough to see prices/classes of season tickets. Might be wrong, but if it's being pushed at present, be a shame if this wasn't working online...maybe i'm missing a trick though.

Just went on e-ticketing - can't see how to actually go through far enough to see prices/classes of season tickets. Might be wrong, but if it's being pushed at present, be a shame if this wasn't working online...maybe i'm missing a trick though.

I believe they were having some issues with the system today (not from the clubs end) and it looks like they are still working on it.

• Agree 1

I've found a way to ensure ICT have sell out crowds for every game.....close sections of the Stadium and reduce capacity.

Not sure why it never dawned on anyone before, but it seems the Olympic Committee have cottoned on to the concept and are using it to reduce the number of unsold football tickets by 500,000!!!!

Pure genius - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18869911

There is one thing that CaleyD fails to appreciate, perhaps, is that many of the ICT fans are couples, husband and wife. Take a look at the Main Stand on a Saturday and you will see what I believe may be one of the highest man/woman pairs attending matches than most other clubs. A lot of that came from the buzz of the new club being formed and the travelling involved particularly when we went into SPL with Aberdeen groundshare. I maintain that many of the ladies are getting fed up. The stadium location in winter does not help.

The cost is hugely instrumental in people falling away and season ticket sales slump. Something like £60 for a couple to watch a home match and perhaps £100 for an away game equates to about £320 per month, that's a mortgage repayment. Of course we aren't the only supporters paying these prices. I do however note that our concession season ticket prices are one of the most expensive by a long way!

Saying all that I will always keep my one ticket, will always follow ICT regardless of where we play, but my wife won't, it's last season for her she tells me.

There is one thing that CaleyD fails to appreciate, perhaps, is that many of the ICT fans are couples, husband and wife. Take a look at the Main Stand on a Saturday and you will see what I believe may be one of the highest man/woman pairs attending matches than most other clubs. A lot of that came from the buzz of the new club being formed and the travelling involved particularly when we went into SPL with Aberdeen groundshare. I maintain that many of the ladies are getting fed up. The stadium location in winter does not help.

The cost is hugely instrumental in people falling away and season ticket sales slump. Something like £60 for a couple to watch a home match and perhaps £100 for an away game equates to about £320 per month, that's a mortgage repayment. Of course we aren't the only supporters paying these prices. I do however note that our concession season ticket prices are one of the most expensive by a long way!

Saying all that I will always keep my one ticket, will always follow ICT regardless of where we play, but my wife won't, it's last season for her she tells me.

I wish I had your mortgage!!!

• Agree 1

For those choosing not to support the club for football reasons please think again. Never in my lifetime did I thing rangers would be playing at borough Briggs in a league game. These are exceptional times and definitely 'thin' so think of the club during these times, not yourself, and ensure we have a club to love,criticise and hate all in the same sentence. Stand up and be counted, your club needs you

• Agree 1

The club have been informed that they are no longer able to offer Season TIcket sales online once they start entering information for individual matches onto the ticketing system. The reason appears to be that the software can't cope with checking if a seat has been purchased for an upcoming game and then not making it available for season ticket sales.

This means that Season Tickets can now only be purchased in person at the stadium or over the phone.

Yeah, I know it's pathetic and a couple of lines of code could fix it...but that's outwith the clubs control and they aren't best pleased with the situation either.

Just a thought, and aimed at those who say they are staying away because of the quality of football last season, I seem to recall that the first time we were in the first division, and playing "attractive" football, our crowds struggled to hit 2000. Going from memory, so may be wrong, but I think we were generally one of the poorest supported teams in the first Division despite playing, allegedly more attractive football. This maybe backs up what Caley D has been saying and deeper analysis is required as to why fans are not attending. People like me, who go to games no matter how the team are performing, are becoming fewer and fewer with fans much more fickle now for whatever reason. However real danger is we may not have a full time team at all if the crowds continue to go down so folks need to decide on what sort of ICT they want. Me, I want ICT playing at the highest level in Scottish football, not part time and moving around teh lower leagues but some fans seem to think that would be better than being in the SPL while stating the board/manager etc lacks ambition.

If I recall, the first home game after knocking Celtic out of the cup at Parkhead saw something like 1800 fans attend the homecoming. That prompted Bobby Mann to ask where the fans were and he got slated for it.

If I recall, the first home game after knocking Celtic out of the cup at Parkhead saw something like 1800 fans attend the homecoming. That prompted Bobby Mann to ask where the fans were and he got slated for it.

Was that not when we beat them 1 - 0 in Inverness? I think after the game when everyone was celebrating Mann was asked what he thought of the fans and their backing that night and he replied, something along the lines of "Yeah they were great but it's a shame they don't turn up in those numbers every (other) weekend".

• Agree 1

I hope the club are seeking recompense from ticketmaster for their shambles.

As to Huisdeans point. Dont you think we grew as success became apparant. Our first season in div 3 saw average gates of 1000 or so. As we went up the leagues the crowds got better. I think we have reached our plateau. Around 4000 will be our average gate each season in SPL

Dont know how many season tickets we have sold. The last guesstumate I did a couple of weeks ago was over 1700. I would imagine there will have been more since then. People have indicated they are not buying any this season but others, like myself, are so that probably balances out. Some have also indicated that they dont have the cash available up front but will still pay on the day. Clubs like to sell ST's to give them a fighting fund at the start of the season but they actually prefer to sell match tickets as they get more money then.

The real measure of how stable our support is will be in average crowds throughout the season. That is how we should measure if we are losing numbers or not.

Looking back at old fixture lists, we played Celtic on the Tuesday, lost 2-0 at Love Street on the Saturday, next game was cup draw 1-1 with Aberdeen in Inverness then we lost 0-3 at home to Falkirk.

I seem to remember thinking what a miserable lot not coming out to congratulate the team after such a remarkable victory in the cup.

The struggle for supporters has been going on for a long time.

It would be wrong of me to circumvent the swear filter and post the clubs reaction to this discovery.

I class myself more as a web designer than a programmer, but I can hack my way around code and would fancy my chances of writing the handful of lines that say....

Lookup Seat Number X. If any match tickets sold return yes, if not return no. If Yes, then Season Ticket Not Available, ask customer to select another. If No, take customers money.

It would be wrong of me to circumvent the swear filter and post the clubs reaction to this discovery.

I class myself more as a web designer than a programmer, but I can hack my way around code and would fancy my chances of writing the handful of lines that say....

Lookup Seat Number X. If any match tickets sold return yes, if not return no. If Yes, then Season Ticket Not Available, ask customer to select another. If No, take customers money.

This might be a silly question as I am far from an expert on these matters but why do the club not do the online sales themselves?

Presumably because of the investment needed in the required systems, which is only worthwhile if you sell huge numbers of tickets. I think most concert venues use an agency like Ticketmaster rather than do their own online sales.

Presumably because of the investment needed in the required systems, which is only worthwhile if you sell huge numbers of tickets. I think most concert venues use an agency like Ticketmaster rather than do their own online sales.

Aye thought it might have been a silly question....cheers