FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

George Brislen-Hall

Granty24

Brislen-Hall’s brief Arsenal career to date has certainly not been plain sailing. In his first season as a scholar in 2009/10 he was limited to just twelve Premier Academy League appearances after sustaining a knee injury, before being told early last season that he was not going to be offered a professional contract at the end of the campaign.

That from an Arsenal site. Another injured player.

I see he was linked with a move to Norwich the other day, so he might be a bit of a coup.

In saying that, without sounding negative, that's an awful of defenders for a fairly small squad (albeit he is a left-back where there was previously very little cover). Personally I think I'd have rather seen the money used on a winger or even another striker, than another defender. Not complaining though!

• Agree 1

I see he was linked with a move to Norwich the other day, so he might be a bit of a coup.

In saying that, without sounding negative, that's an awful of defenders for a fairly small squad (albeit he is a left-back where there was previously very little cover). Personally I think I'd have rather seen the money used on a winger or even another striker, than another defender. Not complaining though!

That's assuming he's costing us anything.

• Agree 1

That's assuming he's costing us anything.

He's not on loan though. He was released by Arsenal and has signed a six month deal. Presumably he's being paid in money!

Edited by Renegade

Not been offered a professional contract doesn't say anything about not been on arsenals books though could still have a year left on his apprentice contract.

I don't see his name on any of their squad lists. He's been on trial with Spurs and Colorado Rapids I see, so he must have something!

With tweets like this mornings,

"George Brislen-Hall@GeorgeBHall

Hate doing this, but here we go "

and this afternoon,

Here goes nothing! "

Doesn't sound the most eager or committed signing i've ever heard. But good luck to him.

With tweets like this mornings,

Hate doing this, but here we go "

and this afternoon,

Here goes nothing! "

Doesn't sound the most eager or committed signing i've ever heard. But good luck to him.

Both those quotes were made at the same time 10hrs ago and I read it more as an issue with flying rather than any negative thoughts about coming here. He even shows a picture of the runway with the second comment and seems relieved to touchdown with his Landed! comment.

He may be really keen for all we know.

OOps timeline has changed and shows an hour between quotes - prob check in time first then the second quote on the runway

Edited by jagster

Butcher had concluded his business he said. So this guy must have had something about him to encourage the manager to sign him up, albeit for 6 months.

I'm happy, with addition of these 2 lads from Arsenal the squad looks in better shape and has more options. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

I'm glad we have some cover for G.Shinnie, which was needed when Gillet left the club. I hope we can get a replacement for Jonny Hayes as Shane is definitely not the answer out wide. One more Gooner Terry!