FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dachi Khutsishvilli

Libero

Played for our U20s yesterday in their 3-1 win over St Mirren.

He's a Georgian U17 international midfielder but other than that know nothing else about him

Anyone know any more info? Is he signed or on trial?

Edited by Libero

Was he the number 10? If he was (and I didn't recognise him at the time), I thought he was very good.

Edit - I'd probably have been able to tell you from the picture in that link, but by the looks of things he wishes to remain anonymous!

Edited by Renegade

This deal will not happen. He has been training with us for around a month now and has already been told he is not getting a senior contract. He is now only training with us to keep his fitness up.

Shame - he seemed quite a good player in the under 20s game on Tuesday. All the best for the future, Dachi

This deal will not happen. He has been training with us for around a month now and has already been told he is not getting a senior contract. He is now only training with us to keep his fitness up.

Oh well, that's a shame. I had got my hopes up because I work on the principle that a foreign player with an exotic name MUST be good. There are no exceptions to this rule.

• Agree 1

Strange coincidence but I actually live close to Dinnington and went to school with a lad who plays for Dinno. Can't say I ever saw this lad play but after seeing this thread I contacted my old school mate and he said this about him...

"Works hard, nice passer, half decent shot & gets stuck in. Too good for Dinnington but not good enough to be pro yet. Still young and easily the best I have seen in terms of class"

The guy in question played at Sheffirld Wednesday's academy until he was 17 so has seen a couple of decent players. Obviously an untrained view but thought others may be interested.