FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

Sponsors give the MOM to Foran !!! As we go down to our heaviest ever SPL home defeat and go a long way to chucking away our impressive goal difference and slip out of the Top Six - with Qellic and Aberdire away up next.

We really need an explanation for the last two shambolic displays.

The signs were there in the second half against Killie and against Hearts that we'd lost the edge we'd shown in the previous few games, but we simply can't afford another first half like today's, where we failed to compete in any area. In the second half, we at least tried to get at them a bit more, but too many players were off form and it was inevitable that we'd leave gaps that Motherwell could exploit. Unfortunately, 1-5 was a pretty fair reflection of the game.

Strong reaction next week, please.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Nobody came on to Sky post match as they are all still in the dressing room. There were "mistakes" all round here and I hope that this does not lead on to a Butcher address projecting the blame on to the players and the fans. Shure there have been some dreadful individual performances in the last 2 games but tactically we have been sussed, there is a concerning return to the favouring of the old favourites and we really do need to employ a more attacking system at home.

I was unable to go today for personal reasons but where were the other 1000 stay away fans? We've been playing good football, were on a 10 game unbeaten run and it was a lovely day for football. We should have had 4000 at the game getting behind the team.

It must have been pretty deflating to the team to see such a pathetic turnout. I guess we got the performance the support deserved

i agree i watched the game on tele and you could hear the shouts of the management staff and the players to each other it was that quiet. I have supported the club really since it became all seater but surely even with the sweetie rustlers the atmosphere must be have ten times this when we generated 1,500 when it was mainly terraced. Now i know it aint the most atmospheric ground it only having 3 stands but surely 3000 people can make abit of a din with a 3 stands than people who had no roof and half the size

Very very poor performance. Defensively we made basic errors, Meekings was culpable on a few occasions and Graeme Shinnie again didn't cope with Humphreys. We really missed Ross Draper in midfield, without him we aren't as forceful and don't apply enough pressure in the middle of the park. Just a horrible showing all round.

Lucky we've got Celtic next week, easy three points I'd say. I hope we don't change things, the back four has been good on our run and we don't want to get back to last seasons musical chairs.

This result, just like Dundee's win against Hibs yesterday, is probably also a reflection of the sheer unpredictability of the league this year. It seems that everyonne is capable of beating everyone else on their day and no team has any real consistency. We are getting unexpected results each week and we may well continue to see that happening. We shouldn't read too much into individual results but should take the defeats on the chin whilst enjoying the wins.

If proof were needed as to just how unpredictable this season has been so far, you need need look no further than the SPL Prediction League on this site where you will see that Doofer's Mum is the clear leader. :notworthy:

I rest my case.

• Agree 1

Bad day at the office. Motherwell were in our faces straight from the off and were set out to bypass our midfield. Tactically they knew what to do and please don't let our bad play take anything away from Motherwell, they were outstanding today. Too many of our players off form in the same game. Missed Ross Draper but lets not get carried away with this. If anyone had offered me top six after 14 games they would have teeth marks in their wrist. Last time we lost to Motherwell we went on an unbeaten run. No panicing please

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 1

bad day at the office. Maybe a result to stop the blind optimism was a wake up call. Fight every game as a relegation battle and perhaps we can have the winning run again.

A bit more caution and a realisation of limitations. We dont become a bad team overnight, then again, we have also been punching a little above our weight. A little more focus on not losing, rather than always winning will see us ok.

• Agree 1

I was unable to go today for personal reasons but where were the other 1000 stay away fans? We've been playing good football, were on a 10 game unbeaten run and it was a lovely day for football. We should have had 4000 at the game getting behind the team.

It must have been pretty deflating to the team to see such a pathetic turnout. I guess we got the performance the support deserved

Maybe they all had personal reasons too

• Agree 1

had a go at counting the motherwell support today, about 70 ish. we only get near the 4000 when there is a few hundred at the away end.

keep saying it you cant force people to spend their hard earned at ict, there is more than footie. at this time of year people also have to support the fat guy in the red suit with the white beard.

by the way it was good to see a centre forward like higdon who could hold the ball up, link with others. better than watching our light weight no. 7 lose it most times he gets it. before anyone says he runs channels etc,etc. if he wants to run he should join the harriers, you need more than that to be a spl player.

we missed the presence of draper. our team picks itself every week and on the bench we have a bunch of youngsters. very worrying for when we pick up injuries, suspensions in the months to come

dont think draper would have made a difference today though. we were outclassed in every position.

i wonder if we have had our purple patch ?

after yesterday unfortunately another 3 points closer to dundee.

Just the most embarassing display I've ever seen from us. More so for me as I'd persuaded a couple of Reading supporters to watch it with me, after I'd built us up something rotten over recent weeks. To be fair to them they were fairly gentle with me, out of pity I suspect.

Defence to a man was terrible. 'Well looked liked scoring every time they went forward. Ruegero kept it from being a drubbing until he gave away two soft goals at the end. Esson back in his rightful place next week methinks.

Only Doran and Foran earned pass marks from me, although Doran always seems to try to do too much with the ball. Did Morrison touch the ball? I didn't know he was on the field until he got subbed!

This pathetic performance may infuence Celtic to put a few reserves in next week, which may save us from another drubbing.

Back to the drawing board, but top 6 was nice while it lasted.

This result, just like Dundee's win against Hibs yesterday, is probably also a reflection of the sheer unpredictability of the league this year.

I think this years SPL will be the closest league ever. I dont think there will be many points between the team that gets relegated and those who qualify for europe