FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merger Talk

TheCaleyjags123

Dougal is Laurence.? Nahh!

Totally different persons.

Laurence, as he frequently reminds us, was, in the past, a top Fireman who concentrated on putting out fires;

But Dougal seems to have a perpetual habit of starting them --at least on here?

The one thing they DO have in common, though, is that they are both irrepressible,irridescent and some say,at times, irritating.

• Agree 1

Dougal is Laurence.? Nahh!Totally different persons.Laurence, as he frequently reminds us, was, in the past, a top Fireman who concentrated on putting out fires;But Dougal seems to have a perpetual habit of starting them --at least on here?

Helmets

Oh come on at least a clue would be good lol :-D

It's someone who was quite prominent on this site once before.  Think of a prominent namesake and work your way round there.

For what it's worth, I used to think Dougal said a few things that ruffled a few feathers but weren't far off the truth.  It's become a bit sad lately.

Laurence, I haven't seen around for while, but when he does, he strikes me as such an unpleasant man.

Edited by Renegade

It's someone who was quite prominent on this site once before.  Think of a prominent namesake and work your way round there.

For what it's worth, I used to think Dougal said a few things that ruffled a few feathers but weren't far off the truth.  It's become a bit sad lately.

Laurence, I haven't seen around for while, but when he does, he strikes as such an unpleasant man.

A D ?

Laurence, I haven't seen around for while, but when he does, he strikes as such an unpleasant man.

Take issue with and argue strongly with what people post by all means, that's what the forum is for but a warning that commenting on a poster's character in this manner is personal abuse and a breach of site rules. No more please.

A D ?

Not the initials I was thinking of, but here's a picture of the man in question!

squirrel_01.jpg

Don't really get schoolboy humour hence why I don't get many of the resident schoolboys posts on the forum but for the life of me I don't really see the relevance of a squirrel to be honest or am I missing something?

One things for certain I'd rather be a squirrel than a weasel#charlie though any day of the week

Anyway back to Mikey Noble's article in the telegraph about no go areas in town, I still think that exists to a certain extent, I never wear colours to the football but on numerous occasions I've seen various licensed establishments turn away ICT fans on match days due to wearing replica tops (no football colours being the reason given by bouncers) yet away supporters seem to get the green light and gain entry

Not sure if this is widespread in Inverness but maybe that's why the Innes bar is so popular as it welcomes in our support wearing colours

Dougal

• Agree 1

Dougal, If you are a squirrell then I'm off fer a Jimmy Rid.le.

But you might look a lot cuter than we think, judged by your querulous quips, your quick reactions, rakish manners and rapacious wit. And squirrels are also curious, cuddly and click-aholics and you just love to be on this site. :laugh: ...go on! Admit it.

'And if you don't like schoolboy humour then you are really getting old. It's those who don't lose their child-like sense of humour  that don't get so stressed out and retain a youthful attitude to the upsets and vicissitudes of life. Isn't that right IHE?

I learnt very early on in my youth that those who were the most ridiculously zany  (e.g Monty Python) were usually the brightest guys around. And, if you ever want to become a member of the Pimpernell clan, then you will have to change and get levity in your life--it's the best defence against the cruel jibes that come your way....first of all it confuses the enemy, then they think you are either nuts or certifiable and don't know what to say next, then you rock 'em and sock' em when they least expect it, Game , set and match.First lesson of survival, like.   OOOOHHHHHMMMM!

• Agree 1

Nuts and squirrels ! ............now there is a  connection.....but I'm still none the wiser to the Dougal identity!!

Who is he merging with anyway ?

I'll be glad when the real fitba starts my mind is in need of repair....cue..... IHE.

• Agree 1

Some things are fecked and are better off being left alone. Squirrel was a Diugalesque poster from a few years back. That is why it may be better that Dougal remains unknown as poor Ewan has never been the same since !

Now there's somebody who chucked his nuts out the pram  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Dugal of yore was a rabid, rollicking renegade. A near nutcase; and devious and hidden to a fault.

Our new and improved Dougal is, well, at least consistent and does appear to be a  real fan of ICT.

I have wondered where our former squirrell went to though. He was clever--now you see him , now you don't.

And I have to admire oor Dougal's persistence, often in the face of adversity. And staying power. The man is here to stay.

Dougal is but a mere mortal with less intelligence, less charm and less appeal. But at least he knows the facts about the merger and it's longstanding effect on attendances. Ther has been an interesting thread on the Inverness Facebook forum where a piccy of Telford Street was posted and apart from adores boy and myself there is nobody who used to go that is now following ICT.

• Agree 1

Dougal is but a mere mortal with less intelligence, less charm and less appeal. But at least he knows the facts about the merger and it's longstanding effect on attendances. Ther has been an interesting thread on the Inverness Facebook forum where a piccy of Telford Street was posted and apart from adores boy and myself there is nobody who used to go that is now following ICT.

Hmmm I think your nose is growing! Lol

Did they all go to Seville instead?

Have a look for yerself - very interesting thread - and it would appear that there as many derisory Jeggies as there are Caley. Wish you would take yer biased, misinformed, manipulated head out of yer erse and understand the feelings of the "real" pre merger support. You are beginning to be a bit like Brazil in terms of embarrassment.

• Agree 1