FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Shinnie to Birmingham City

Dargo20

Heard He Was off to Sheff Utd

Bit controversial but i think Shinne is probably the best all round footballer we have ever had

hope he goes on2 great things because the guy is class and would be such a waste if he ended up

at shitoddrie or sum other rotten club jst look at hayes jst a waste

OK Andy, listen up and listen up good 'cos I ain't gonna say this again.

Birmingham!  WTF!  Adam went there a couple of years ago and now struggles to get a place on the bench at Swindon.  Just what is the attraction?

Ah!  Money!  I can understand that the Blues are offering a lot more than ICT and that's attractive when a playing career is so short.  But it's not that short.  Ask Adam what he's been offerred next year.  Not half as much as you I'll bet and that's what'll be offerred to you in a couple of years after warming the bench at a club that has no hope of winning anything and where players are not much in the public eye.

ICT can't offer you as much money next year but it's more than may players are getting.  But they can offer you a lot more than just the money.  For a start you'll be playing in the top flight of a national league and perhaps also in a European competition.  That will increase the profile of the team and all the players.  But next year promises so much.  With several top players signed up already and with your former mates in blue still in the football wilderness, there is a tremendous opportunity for this team to develop and be a real contender for a clear second place next year.  Who knows, a place in a cup final or even better is a distinct possibility if you all stick together!

What's that you say?  Sounds good but you need the money?  Hold on, I was just coming to that.

You've been offered quite a bit more just now but if you stay in Inverness and continue to develop then the long term prospects will be much better.  If you are seen as the creative attacking midfield general of a successful ICT next year and get a dozen or so goals for good measure, then you'll have a lot better teams than B'ham Sh*tty looking to sign you.  You'll be a sought after young man.  You'll have the double benefit of enjoying another great year in Inverness with regular first team games together with a much better deal with a club with real prospects in the season to follow.  What's not to like about that?

What's that?  You'll stay?

Good lad, you'll not regret it!

• Agree 6

Bit controversial but i think Shinne is probably the best all round footballer we have ever had

hope he goes on2 great things because the guy is class and would be such a waste if he ended up

And look what Cowie is doing with...well, wherever he's at.  Apparently he did well enough to get some Scotland caps but without looking it up, do you know where he's playing, if he's playing and how many goals he's had this season?  It means nothing to most of us if he's playing out side the EPL or SPL.  It's lower league football.

And, as I've said before, don't complain about the state of Scottish football if you are wishing players away.  This is your dream (not mine).

I'd far prefer players to stay in Scotland and improve the SPL than lesser players replace them.

Very true words DoofersDad, some good advice to an ambitious young man. Difficult decision at his stage of career especially with money hungry agent's words in his ear

Terry set him a good example, wouldn't be a bad idea for him to have a quiet chat with him before signing anything.

The togetherNess thing is well worth remembering, ICT do have the potential to do really well next season and signs are that most of the team can see this too.

The fact Kenny, terry or anyone else for that matter, had heard anything from Birmingham on the matter suggests to me it's been a slow day. No point in getting worked up in this paper talk, it's not worth it in all honesty, all these tabloids do is spout shyte out their arse 99% of the time anyway.

I'm almost annoyed ive wasted a minute of my life typing this, as its indirectly in response to paper talk.

Edited by lukemackay

And look what Cowie is doing with...well, wherever he's at.  Apparently he did well enough to get some Scotland caps but without looking it up, do you know where he's playing, if he's playing and how many goals he's had this season?  It means nothing to most of us if he's playing out side the EPL or SPL.  It's lower league football.

And, as I've said before, don't complain about the state of Scottish football if you are wishing players away.  This is your dream (not mine).

I'd far prefer players to stay in Scotland and improve the SPL than lesser players replace them.

He plays for the team thats strolling the Championship isn't he? Cardiff.

• Agree 1

Great advice there DoofersDad....

"have no faith in your own ability whatsoever, stay where you are cos you'll just be a bench warmer tis all ye can aim for" (Not a direct quote :wink: )

Im quite sure that as a pro football player he has a fair whack of self confidence and belief that he can play at a higher level. I also think that he would be of the opinion he could force his way into the 1st team, do well and earn a premiership move.
He might not have the ability for that. I don't know. I'm not a player or coach and I haven't seen enough of him in the flesh to judge, but it would be folly to say that he shouldn't have the ambition to get there and as quickly as possible.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite surprised this story hasn't featured for a while. If he's off or there are medicals/'substantial talks' going on then they are keeping it well under wraps.

Anyway, for an injury-prone, can't be bothered, play-for-myself-not-the-team, prima donna...can anyone think why Brum or Sheffield would be interested in him?

I'm quite surprised this story hasn't featured for a while. If he's off or there are medicals/'substantial talks' going on then they are keeping it well under wraps.

Anyway, for an injury-prone, can't be bothered, play-for-myself-not-the-team, prima donna...can anyone think why Brum or Sheffield would be interested in him?

Didn't realise we'd signed Ronaldo

If thats a representation of how fans feel towards one of our most skillful players and best performers this season then no wonder the boy is considering moving.

?????? Surprised at this description of Mr Shinnie. Seems to be a team player as far as I can see and having met him a few times he is far from a prima donna.Nice guy who seems to get on well with everyone.

Derek Adams has obviously hacked Wanderer's page. 

• Agree 1

And if he's staying then they are keeping it well under wraps.  I am sure there are offers, but he will be hoping that 2 or 3 excellent performances before the end of the season will prompt a better one.

Spoke to a Birmingham fan about this today. They were joking about how its very possibly likely that he would be signed with the promise that "the team will be built around you" as they are due to lose 23 players in summer between those out of contract and those at end of loan. So getting a game may very well not be an issue! The club are in a bad way with a very uncertain future, however they have a huge history behind them, and surely still a large following. I honestly think that Andy would be better here for another season, playing with his pals, enjoying himself and being all bit guaranteed a start every week. Surely this is his first "proper" season, playing at top level and (touch wood) unhampered by injury. As said previously, prove it wasnt a one off, have a great season excelling yourself in a system which plays to your strengths and dont lose any time at the peak of your career. I truly believe that, not just as an ict fan. Undoubtedly its a tough decision for any footballer to make and a big gamble, except short term financially.

• Agree 1