FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cup Run 13/14?

Okay well I know it's just the end of the 12/13 season, our best ever campaign, and also we have to see what players come and go but realistically, do you think next season will be the year to get to a cup final? Of course we have broke so many records this season and played in a Cup Semi Final but I wonder if we can go one game further. Only time will tell of course but one year we will do it and with most players signed up and only about 3 or 4 players leaving from the normal starting 11 it is basically the same team from 12/13. Any thoughts?

• Agree 1

Luck of the draw ? We got Dungdee and Dunfermline in the two Scottish Cup semis and we should have won this season - but the disappointing bit this season is that we didn't get lucky - prior to the turn of 2012 we were on a good run. If we have our best team fit and we get the tactics rite then we have as much chance in the cups as any other team in the SPL.

I think they'll be aiming for the League Cup as most teams usually take that competition as the diddy one and aim for a good Scottish Cup run, although everyone enjoys a good cup run whatever the competition! I just think we learnt from last year and will play really well in it this year imo

I think that from a psychological standpoint it might be easier to have a good run in the scottish cup because of the manner of missing out on europe and a league cup semi final

it will take a very strong team to go on next year and either qualify for europe or get to the league cup final

Edited by footballfan25

I think that from a psychological standpoint it might be easier to have a good run in the scottish cup because of the manner of missing out on europe and a league cup semi final

it will take a very strong team to go on next year and either qualify for europe or get to the league cup final

Agreed

• 3 months later...

This years League Cup could be won by quite a few teams. We have as much of a chance as anybody else. Unfortunately we have a history of falling at the second last hurdle. Personally I feel that last season was our greatest ever opportunity - this year is proving to be more difficult.