FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Financial Report

CaleyThistle

With us being in the League Cup Final, the Scottish Cup Quarter Final and in a strong place in the league, we must surely come out of this season in a very healthy state financially speaking.

Last year, we produced very positive financial reports with us making a profit for the first time in years. In many ways, we have already bettered last season. In the League Cup last year we got to the semi final, and we've gone one better this year and we all know what comes with that. In the Scottish Cup, we are one round further than last year....with the QF tie being televised too.

In the league, we are well on course top at least match out finish lady year with two games In hand on 4th place United.

Makes for very positive reading!

Edited by CaleyThistle
  • Agree 2

We also have the £100k-ish windfall from selling the management team to Hibs, so in financial terms all our Christmases have come at once. Going against that slightly, home attendances have been poor this season and I'm pretty sure the player wage bill is a fair bit higher than last season.

Interesting that Motherwell made a loss last season despite finishing 2nd in the league.

And I still fail to understand how Rangers started afresh with £22m raised, lost £14m last year and now seem to need an emergency loan to pay the wage bill.  They could and should have romped the lower leagues with an annual wage bill of just a few hundred grand, and made a huge profit from their gate receipts and merchandising etc.

Yes, but they were fleeced by parasitic "execs" who lined their own pockets while overseeing such reckless spending. Flies are attracted to ....

I'd say the wage bill will be higher but not out with what is prudent. I would expect a happy accountant at ICT.

One thing I would like to see is a youth player be sold for mega bucks one day, this securing the future for many years.

The final alone could net us £500k I imagine, with share of ticket sales/merchandise/prize money/TV

If we get into the top 6 aren't we likely due a home game v Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Celtic as well; which I would like to think will all have good attendances in the home and away ends.

The accountant would be in dreamland if we sneak through our Scottish Cup QF and get yet more gates/tv/prizes etc!

• Agree 1

Yes, but they were fleeced by parasitic "execs" who lined their own pockets while overseeing such reckless spending. Flies are attracted to ....

I'd say the wage bill will be higher but not out with what is prudent. I would expect a happy accountant at ICT.

One thing I would like to see is a youth player be sold for mega bucks one day, this securing the future for many years.

I remember being at Millburn when Darren MacLean was transferred from Inverness Thistle to Liverpool in the mid-80's. I seem to have a vague recollection of there being TV crews set up for interview in the gym...or maybe I'm confusing the time Radio 1 did an outside broadcast from the school. Anyway, I digress!

He moved to Merseyside for around £30,000 IIRC. A huge amount of money in those days especially for a Highland League outfit.

I wonder what the club did with that windfall? Did it all go on appointing Jim Leishman and putting him up in the Kingsmills Hotel!

I remember being at Millburn when Darren MacLean was transferred from Inverness Thistle to Liverpool in the mid-80's. I seem to have a vague recollection of there being TV crews set up for interview in the gym...or maybe I'm confusing the time Radio 1 did an outside broadcast from the school. Anyway, I digress!

He moved to Merseyside for around £30,000 IIRC. A huge amount of money in those days especially for a Highland League outfit.

I wonder what the club did with that windfall? Did it all go on appointing Jim Leishman and putting him up in the Kingsmills Hotel!

A fair bit went on carrying out essential repairs to the perimiter wall which was in such a poor state it was close to being condemned. If I remember rightly, a large part of a Leishman's salary was funded personally by Jock MacDonald.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

Ryan Christie was once a target for Birmingham City.  I wonder if Malky Thompson had some influence with that one.  Could happen.

There is also this little news snippet which boosted the bank balance last autumn:

'Rangers missed out on a share of a £600,000 pay-out from former TV company Setanta - because technically they don't exist anymore.

Clubs who were part of the SPL between 2009 and 2012 received payments this week as their final divdend for the company going administration back in 2009.

But Rangers got nothing because they were classed as a club which no longer exists after their liquidation in June 2012'

• Agree 1