FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hughes The Daddy?

MuirtownJaggy

I used to look forward to each game with optimism and expectation. Recently it has been one one of resigned expectation that I would be happy with a point. I don't expect to win every game, but my confidence in the managerial set up is at an all time low. Cliches and we gave it a right good go has ran out. Tactics and playing positions are now really suspect. Hughes the daddy. Not sure it's Yogi. At least we are top six though.

I still do - except when Willie Collum comes to town! Best referees are ones you forget about. The second goal we scored today was great to watch again. I imagine all the top 6 teams online pages will be bemoaning dropped points. The plus is we didn't fall behind in league. Agree with pleyers out of natural position but thought team did their best today although young boys faded away. Bad defending cost us - goals we lost were a bit chaotic.

Now we are confirmed top 6, should we be now be concentrating on the shape and positions for next season or max points for placings in this season. The obvious answer should be both, but not convinced Hughes has that sort of strategy. Current form suggests he is doing neither.

Personally I think the team is just a bit burnt out.

Anyone expecting such a small squad with players brought in from the lower reaches of England to be consistently good all season are a touch delusional.

My aim every season is top 6 and a good cup run. We've achieved that. We now need to do as well as we can over the remaining games and try and steal 4th spot. That for us is a good season.

This would mean finishing the same as last season despite teams like Dundee united, Aberdeen and Motherwell all being better this season, though 5th would be no disaster certainly.

• Agree 1

Agree with above. We have played two games a week since our Scottish Cup QF and tiredness has to be a factor. There's also not enough time between games for proper coaching. Everything is more about game preparation. Have those guys even had a day of in that time?

• Agree 1

Agree with above. We have played two games a week since our Scottish Cup QF and tiredness has to be a factor. There's also not enough time between games for proper coaching. Everything is more about game preparation. Have those guys even had a day of in that time?

My only issue with that is if there is no time for proper coaching why change the system of the team if there is no time to work on it on training ?