FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-season friendlies

caleydawson

Does anyone know if ICT are sending a team through to Aberdeen for the Denis Law Soccer ( :thumbdown:) Tournament?

I'd also be interested in this, as there were some great games. I think Ali Sutherland played in them for us last year...

Pre-season training has started!

Clach's website lists our North Cup game as 30th July, 7.30pm.

Wed 2nd July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin

Sat 5th July - 1.00pm (Claggan Park)…Fort William  (ICT U20’s)

Wed 9th July - 7.30pm (Mosset Park)...Forres Mechanics

Sat 12th July - 3pm (Borough Briggs)...Elgin City

Wed 16th July - 7.30pm (Dudgeon Park)...Brora Rangers

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes  (ICT U20’s)

Sat 19th July - 3.00pm (Stark’s Park)…Raith Rovers

Wed 23rd July - 7.30pm (Princess Royal Park)...Deveronvale

Sat 26th July -               ???

Wed 30th July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin  (North Cup - 1st Rnd)

Sat 2nd August - 3.00pm (St Andrew’s stadium)...Birmingham City

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 9th August - Season starts

Pre-season training has started!

Clach's website lists our North Cup game as 30th July, 7.30pm.

Wed 2nd July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin

Sat 5th July - 1.00pm (Claggan Park)…Fort William  (ICT U20’s)

Wed 9th July - 7.30pm (Mosset Park)...Forres Mechanics

Sat 12th July - 3pm (Borough Briggs)...Elgin City

Wed 16th July - 7.30pm (Dudgeon Park)...Brora Rangers

Sat 19th July - 1.00pm (Mackessack Park)…Rothes  (ICT U20’s)

Sat 19th July - 3.00pm (Stark’s Park)…Raith Rovers

Wed 23rd July - 7.30pm (Princess Royal Park)...Deveronvale

Sat 26th July -               ???

Wed 30th July - 7.30pm (Grant Street)...Clachnacuddin  (North Cup - 1st Rnd)

Sat 2nd August - 3.00pm (St Andrew’s stadium)...Birmingham City

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat 9th August - Season starts

I reckon we will get atleast 1/2 more friendlys 

Why's the Fort William game down as a U20 match?  Seems a bit short notice to stick another first team game on that date.

Seemingly neither ourselves or County are playing Brora this year because they're upgrading their ground to make it Division 3 compatible. 

Why's the Fort William game down as a U20 match? Seems a bit short notice to stick another first team game on that date.

Seemingly neither ourselves or County are playing Brora this year because they're upgrading their ground to make it Division 3 compatible.

Could it be down to the quality of the opposition? With Fort William being regularly at the bottom of the Highland League, it would be better to make it a competitive game by playing our U20s.

Trying to avoid a rout like that Muir of Ord game a few seasons ago IMO

Why's the Fort William game down as a U20 match?  Seems a bit short notice to stick another first team game on that date.

The Fort William game may yet prove to be more than just the U20's although they advertise on their Twitter that it is that. https://twitter.com/FortWilliamFC/status/477069278823604225

As for Brora, I also understand they're upgrading certain aspects of their ground - including floodlights, tannoy system and showers.

I'm sure the floodlight upgrade is more intricate than my vision of a bloke up a ladder putting in a brighter bulb!

Despite the improvements, I don't think it's interfering with their ability to stage pre-season games. They're hosting Rangers and indeed we DO visit them also. :smile:

A game I will hope to get to!

Bring it on, hope our usual suspects can continue to keep us updated on these matches, they did a great job last year.....thanks guys.

Why not pop along and see for yourself ?

I only wish I could, then I would but circumstances do not allow me to do this. 

I'm pretty sure I can make the Brora game though and I look forward to that........cheers DC

Re the query from Ross P about the Denis Law Soccer Tournament - the Under 17's are playing in a tournament in Germany in a couple of weeks. As far as I know they're not going to Aberdeen for the Denis Law competition. Probably too much for the coaches - some of them are in Portugal at a tournament this week. They must get their summer holidays some time!