FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT: The Knowledge

Renegade

Ever thought of any weird ICT-related questions but were too afraid to ask?  Stick them here!  We'll see how many we can answer as well.

Here's a couple of mine:

When was the last time an ICT player missed a game with work commitments?

In our first season, the former Rangers and Fort William striker John MacDonald scored for us at Hampden in a win against Queen's Park.  The thing is though, he was a trialist and never officially signed for us.  Was he the last ever trialist to score for the club in an official competitive match?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

I can't think of anyone - certainly recently - obviously plenty in pre-season games. Most recently being Ayina against Clach.

I've got a question, though.!

In the early days of ICT in the '3rd division', I worked in Aberdeen and rarely made it home for games. The few I did, I would join Iain Stewart, Steve Paterson and Ross Tokely etc. waiting at the '6N' platform! (by 'join'  I mean, they were there and so was I!)

But when I could, I'd go to Forfar, Montrose etc and ended up having been to more away games than home matches until about 1999.

Has anybody, after 20 years, been to more away ICT games than home? I know for our Coventry contingent, every game's away! But you know what I mean!

A fan who went to Uni in Glasgow/Edinburgh but who rarely comes 'home' perhaps? It's a long shot!

I have been to considerably more away games than home games, at least a 5 to 1 ratio. That is because it is less travel, less cost, better craic, digs overnight if needed and usually back home after the game by 10 the same night.

My question would be:

I know who Dougal is but who the feck are Renegade, Sneckboy etc., etc. ?

• Agree 1

Impressive stuff, IHE. Fair play to you. That's outstanding support.

Unfortunately, you've shown your 'passive aggressive' side in your closing line. Why should you care who Renegade or Sneckboy are?

You don't have the divine right to know the identity of posters!

Have you control issues? Narcissism? Well, you'd know about that. You simply want to be the 'big man'!

Not personally 'knowing folk' clearly threatens your assumed, self-appointed, control as the great ICT fan? Just enjoy the football and stop trying to be the self-appointed fans' spokesman. it's boring now.

Impressive stuff, IHE. Fair play to you. That's outstanding support.

Unfortunately, you've shown your 'passive aggressive' side in your closing line. Why should you care who Renegade or Sneckboy are?

You don't have the divine right to know the identity of posters!

Have you control issues? Narcissism? Well, you'd know about that. You simply want to be the 'big man'!

Not personally 'knowing folk' clearly threatens your assumed, self-appointed, control as the great ICT fan? Just enjoy the football and stop trying to be the self-appointed fans' spokesman. it's boring now.

Ouch!

I can't think of anyone - certainly recently - obviously plenty in pre-season games. Most recently being Ayina against Clach.

I've got a question, though.!

In the early days of ICT in the '3rd division', I worked in Aberdeen and rarely made it home for games. The few I did, I would join Iain Stewart, Steve Paterson and Ross Tokely etc. waiting at the '6N' platform! (by 'join'  I mean, they were there and so was I!)

But when I could, I'd go to Forfar, Montrose etc and ended up having been to more away games than home matches until about 1999.

Has anybody, after 20 years, been to more away ICT games than home? I know for our Coventry contingent, every game's away! But you know what I mean!

A fan who went to Uni in Glasgow/Edinburgh but who rarely comes 'home' perhaps? It's a long shot!

Me! I live just outside edinburgh and support inverness cause my dad lived up north.

So i mainly only go to away games, however try to make at least 2/3 home games a season 

Here's another one:

Which player has tallied up the highest amount of appearances for ICT but had the shortest amount of game time (if that makes sense!)? Got to be between Rory McAllister and Shane Sutherland I'd have thought.

As my username suggests I was an "away" fan. I think I have been to around 5 home games 3 of which were at pittodrie and I think I have been to every away ground as we came up the leagues (except Berwick & Dingwall). If I was to estimate I'd go for a 20:1 ratio of games away vs home.

Here is another one:

Was yesterday our first ever victory straight after getting manager of the month or is the "hoodoo" unfounded?

I didn't have to look back too far! We won a game against Hibs in early December 2012, just a few days after we had a clean sweep of the November awards (Butcher, Billy and Aaron Doran).

The 'myth' persists and is often mentioned, but I did highlight on another thread some examples of how sometimes the award can precede a run of poor results. But those were 'cherry picked' as an example.

I suppose it's a bit like the 'commentators curse'! If you say that a player always delivers a great ball as he's standing over a free-kick - you know what's likely to happen!

Or the perceived myth that some clubs always lose when they're live on TV. It's more often the case that a team's games are televised when they're playing a 'big' club in the FA Cup for example.

The manger award is given as a result of a team performing particularly well over the preceding month. Often that team will have been 'punching above their weight' or performing 'better than usual' to have achieved those results. Rather than there being a 'curse', it's likely that those teams will simply be reverting-to-type in the following games.

A case in point is Elgin City whose manager picked up the League Two award after a great recent run. Yet, Elgin lost to East Stirlingshire yesterday in their first game since the award - which, in itself is no great shock. However, Jim Weir and the Elgin fans will point to this as evidence of the 'curse'!

Here's another one:

Which player has tallied up the highest amount of appearances for ICT but had the shortest amount of game time (if that makes sense!)? Got to be between Rory McAllister and Shane Sutherland I'd have thought.

Proctor might be in the mix too

Here's another one:

Proctor might be in the mix too

I would count Davies Proctor well out of it. He started a lot of games under a few managers.

• Agree 1

Here's another one:

The player stats on this site don't go into "minute" detail but the appearance data gives a good indication that you're barking up the right tree.

Rory McAllister - 15 starts + 47 sub (so 76% of appearances were off the bench)

Shane Sutherland - 27 starts + 63 sub appearances (70%)

Tony Low has a more extreme ratio ratio, with 2 starts and 17 off the bench (89%)

But then there are other players who never ever started, but made quite a few appearances - Agdestein (16) , McMillan (11), Fetai (10), Wee Deano (7), Ibra (4).

Sadly none of the players mentioned ever did anything to earn the title "supersub".  With 63, Shane actually has more sub appearances than any other ICT player, although Nick Ross is catching up with 60 (but has 104 starts).

It's not a long shot at all.  There's a lot of us in that boat.

Me, Red Card, Govan Jaggie and many other "central belters" that mostly make away games.

The next one being Tannadump on Tuesday next week.  :ictscarf:

It's not a long shot at all.  There's a lot of us in that boat.

Me, Red Card, Govan Jaggie and many other "central belters" that mostly make away games.

The next one being Tannadump on Tuesday next week.  :ictscarf:

NarcissistsAway

I am bucking the trend and am coming home fer the Killie game. Hope to meet up with Sneckboy, Renegade and 12th Man before the game. I will be wearing a pink carnation. :laugh:

I will keep a lookout for you I will be wearing an ICT hat and scarf :lol: