FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2014/15 milestones achieved

PerfICT

20. Stayed in the top 3 for the whole season

Now that is impressive!!!

Actually not sure that we did, though.  Hard to say (and I can't be bothered going through to double check every week) when you've got teams from day one who have games in hand etc.

ok then .. as we are in our 21st year can we make the final entry in our milestones for the season stop at number 21 and can we make that "winning the Scottish Cup" !

Whats Yogi going to do to top this next year ..... 

ok then .. as we are in our 21st year can we make the final entry in our milestones for the season stop at number 21 and can we make that "winning the Scottish Cup" !

Whats Yogi going to do to top this next year .....

Nice thinking, Scotty, but I'm afraid we've got a while stack more achievements to go in before the final! For example, best goal difference and fewest goals conceded are a possibility. I'll need to check, bu most wins in top flight is likely too. Sorry to spoil your symmetry, but the team's just been too successful!

21. Most top flight league wins in a season

22. Most top flight corners in a season (!)

23. Most top flight shots in a season (!!)

......I've found a great site for these kind of meaningless statistics, so they'll keep coming.

Greatest points lead over Ross County in any division we have both been in at the same time.

Not strictly true - although it holds true for the 'top flight'.

In 2002-03 in the Championship/First Division, we accumulated 65pts to County's 35pts.

• Agree 1

Missed out on three records today that I thought looked very realistic for much of the season. But probably the only 'negative' from today.

The records we just fell short with:

SPL/Premiership

• Fewest defeats
  • Fewest goals conceded
  • Best goal-difference

Missed out on three records today that I thought looked very realistic for much of the season. But probably the only 'negative' from today.

The records we just fell short with:

SPL/Premiership

• Fewest defeats
  • Fewest goals conceded
  • Best goal-difference
If its at the expense of 1st major cup then I don't think anyone minds.

Ta for the updates sneckboy. If you get a minute, and I'm sure you will, could you revive that thing you did a while back on how many points are typically needed to achieve each league position, and compare it with how things turned out?

18. Qualification for europe for first time ever

Whilst the away win at Dens secured 3rd place and Europe, we now know with the benefit of hindsight that we had already secured enough points the previous game, the midweek 2-1 home win over Utd.

So is this the final, definitive list? Wasn't sure about 26. but figured a "like" by Sneckboy was as good as an official confirmation ;) ...

1. Avoiding automatic relegation spot (earliest ever for us in top flight)
2. Top 6 assured (earliest ever)
3. Cannot be relegated via the play-off (earliest ever)
4. ICT record for longest time without conceding a goal (616 minutes)
5. Equal most 'Manager of the Month' awards in a season (x2 Hughes = Robertson & Brewster from 2004/05)
6. First Scottish Cup semi-final as top flight side.
7. 3rd semi-final in a row.
8. Yet another season finishing above the shadow dwellers!!

9. Equal highest 'Young Player of the Month' awards for the club in a season (x2) = (Doran & Meekings from 2012/13)

10. Record number of 'Young Player of the Month' awards for an individual (2 for Ryan Christie)

11. A record 5 'Monthly' awards for Inverness in a season (x2 Hughes Manager, x1 Draper Player, x2 Christie Young Player)

12. Record number of 'Manager of the Month' awards for an individual in a season (x2 for John Hughes)

13. First appearance in Scottish Cup final!!!!!

14. Major finals in consecutive seasons
15. Best ever season v Celtic (2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat)

16. First ever Manager of the Year! Yogi rules!

17. Highest ever points tally in top flight.....waited a long time to add this one!

18. Qualification for Europe for first time ever

19. Highest ever league position finish

20. Stayed in the Top 5 All Season.

21. Most top flight league wins in a season

22. Most top flight corners in a season (!)

23. Most top flight shots in a season (!!)

24. Most Northerly UK team to ever qualify for Europe.

25, First ever ICT player to win the football writers' young player of the year (Ryan Christie). 

26. Most number of points after the split when in the top six 

27. First ever SFWA Manager of the Year award.

28. First ever Manager of the Year 'double' (PFA & SFWA).

29. First ever Scottish Cup victory.