FC United of Manchester

ForzaCaley

Chorley in the play offs and big James Dean already on the 25 goal mark. You never know ? Still the rise of FC United can only be good for the game. Very impressed with the new ground and look forward to visiting - hopefully in the FA Vase or summat like that.

I seem to remember Wigan Athletic in the Northern Premier league

The future is bright is it not once you get into the higher leagues. Stockport County in your way though, at the next level

Tomorrow evening The Magpies take to the field in the Vanarama Conference North end of season play-offs, with former Football League side Boston United in opposition at The Chorley Group Victory Park Stadium. It is the first leg of the tie, with the second leg taking place at the The Jakemans Stadium on Saturday, with the winner going through to the final to be played on Saturday May 9th against either Guiseley of AFC Fylde. The Magpies will be hoping to be at full strength tomorrow with Dale Whitham returning following a two match suspension for reaching 10 yellow cards over the season.  The only doubts are defender Chris Doyle and midfielder Adam Roscoe after both players picked up minor knocks in the final league game against Solihull Moors on Saturday.

The match tomorrow night is NOT all ticket and segregation will NOT be in place, there for entrance to the ground for all supporters will be via the social club end (Duke Street/Ashby Street) turnstiles. As season tickets are not valid the game is designated as ALL TO PAY with the admission prices at the usual league rates and all:

•Adults   £10
•Over 60’s   £7
•Ages 12 to 16   £5
•Ages 8 to 11   £2
•Under 8’s   FREE
Finally, please can all supporters get to the ground as early as possible to avoid congestion at the turnstiles?

Garry Flitcroft feels play-off opponents Boston United will fear playing his Chorley side at Victory Park. The Magpies meet Dennis Greene’s side tomorrow, (Wednesday), before travelling to Lincolnshire on Saturday, for the second leg of the Conference North play-offs. Boston would seem to have the upper hand on the Magpies, being one of only two sides to take three points from Victory Park. The two teams played each other twice in the space of a week and in the return fixture, nothing could separate the two sides in a 0-0 draw in Lincolnshire.

The Magpies’ home form is certainly something Flitcroft is proud of and he is very confident ahead of the first leg. “We’ve had to change our style of play due to the pitch,but our home record is probably one of the best in the league,” said the Chorley boss. “We’re strong at home and I feel Boston will fear playing us here. It’s a game we’ll be going into strong. “I’m confident over two legs, as I know that if we play well, we will get the result that we want.”

The Victory Park crowds have gone from strength-to -strength in recent years and the club can boast they average more than 1,000 fans at each home game. Flitcroft feels the club’s home support can play a vital role in Wednesday’s play-off. He said: “I’ve said it before, but this is a big club with excellent support. “It’s one of the reasons I came here four or five years ago, and know exactly how loud it can get. “I just hope this Wednesday the fans generate a super atmosphere. It really does help. “There is no point in having 2,500 or 3,000 fans in the ground if they don’t get right behind us. “We have got to help create that atmosphere, but we need to see if they can shout us on to a victory that can set us up well for Saturday. “It would be great to replicate the atmosphere we had against AFC Fylde in the play-offs in my first year. “Everybody remembers that night, and you need your fans behind you at home.

“I’m very hopeful they will do that on Wednesday and if they do, I’m sure that we’ll get the result that we need.” The club is anticipating a bumper crowd for Wednesday so fans are advised to arrive early.

It may not be too long before Wigan Athletic are back in the Northern Premier.

AS long as Bury FC don't join them  I don't care

Mind you when I see your Mrs I will spill the beans on your betrayal of her home town,. of course if she is an R L fan I will be a fellow supporter , with great memories of the great Billy Boston

Edited by Laurence

I don't know about NPL but in league 2 I am interested

Anyway I have the champagne on ice as my boyhood team the Shakers are 5 mins off automatic promotion

Southend losing - Wycombe drawing - As long as Tranmere don't score. Heart in Mouth time here

Edited by Laurence

Bury are promoted 8 consecutive away wins

I was panicking because I was told the play off final may be on the same day as ICT's cup final

Over 2,300 Bury fans made the journey to the Wirral

Now this famous old club can start the climb back to at least  "The Championship"

With New Training facilities who knows?

http://www.towerfm.co.uk/news/local/bury-fc-has-reached-an-agreement-to-lease-manchester-city-fcs-former-training-ground-in-carrington/

Well can you adam and eve it ?!!!

Chorley 2-0 down to Boston United - get one back and an equaliser in injury time. Down to 10 men in extra time but win on penalties. Fylde - the hot favourites - crash to Guiseley in the other semi and the Chorley v Guisely final is on 09/05/15 - a one off at Victory Park (Chorley).

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted for Chorley. They're an alright club with a decent ground which i have visited one occasion.

But at same time good that they have stayed down as FC and Chorley have a good rivalry, abit like us and Livi back in the 90s.

FC haved moved into their new ground and play their first game their on Friday against Benfica of all teams. Il try get some photos up soon. Broadhurst Park has a cracking big terrace behind one goal which reminds of the old Stretford end