FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stand up for the Champions

CELTIC1CALEY3

This is a big week for ICT starting with the League Cup game and for Livi a cup upset will boost their morale. For ICT it is must win game. On Saturday it will be a great honour to welcome the Dons to our modest stadium and our supporters should give not only Graeme a round of applause as they take the field but their whole team. Since Considine pushed Richie away from a simple headed winning goal for ICT in the League Cup Final, with minutes to go, the Dandy Dons have gone from strength to strength. Last year we gave them significant points. 

For the North East now it is a privelege to see them leading the table by such a margin and we should acknowledge that. Derek McInnes is a brilliant Manager................ 

• Agree 1

Not sure that is irony - it is just a bit OTT in expressing some points that most would surely agree with.  Most people in Scotland outside of the OF are heartily sick and tired of the dominance of the two big Glasgow clubs over the years and it is a pretty dismal prospect to think that next season The Rangers will likely be in the top flight and may well be title contenders.  So it really is good for Scottish football that a resurgent Aberdeen are themselves beginning to look like genuine title contenders.  Of course I want ICT to win the league but if it is not to be us then I would be absolutely delighted if it was Aberdeen rather than Celtic.

As for the former ICT players who now play for the Dons - well, good luck to them!  Why on earth would they not want to move on to a club with more prospects, more money and a bigger fan base?  We should be proud that our club has developed and brought these players on, grateful to them for the contribution they have made to this club  and glad they didn't go to Celtic instead.

• Agree 4

Top of the league after 8 games that's amazing I'm not sure if any other clubs have ever done that before bar the old firm.

I think we should offer to help them with their card display on Saturday.Or at least dispose of it, added to other colours the red and white cards may come in handy later on in the season.

Great thinking - why don't we hire the red arrows and get them to fly over spraying out a glorious red and white jet stream. And then a spectacular red and white firework display at the end of the match. Let them have the home dressing room and our players could form a guard of honour as they run on to the pitch. And what about a Gothenburg banner and erecting a statue of Jim Leighton at the front of the main stand.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Looks like Shinnie will miss the game on Saturday now, so we'll not know what reception he'd have got! I would have liked to have had the opportunity to applaud him onto the pitch, but at the same time am delighted Aberdeen's best player this season is out! C'mon ICT, let's keep the 4 game unbeaten run going.

Looks like Shinnie will miss the game on Saturday now, so we'll not know what reception he'd have got! I would have liked to have had the opportunity to applaud him onto the pitch, but at the same time am delighted Aberdeen's best player this season is out! C'mon ICT, let's keep the 4 game unbeaten run going.

Must admit I hoped it was nothing trivial when I saw he had to go off.

let's keep the 4 game unbeaten run going.

We'll only keep the 4 game unbeaten run going if the game is postponed!  Instead, let's keep the unbeaten run going and turn it into a 5 game unbeaten run. :smile:

fair point - "extend" was the word I was looking for!

Hopefully we'll get a good home crowd on sat, make a good atmosphere for our own players, keep the unbeaten run going and then next week fill the away end at the caravan park and show them we are still the bigger and better team!!! And of course Scottish cup champions :-)