FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Shirt Sponsor announced

Yngwie

28 minutes ago, finmack said:

Are all 3 clubs getting the same money for sponsorship?

Nae chance. I suspect we'll be lowest on account of our low crowds, but I wonder if the new sponsor has had the foresight to anticipate the potential reduction in exposure from relegation of any of the clubs (I have Utd in mind there!)

28 minutes ago, finmack said:

Are all 3 clubs getting the same money for sponsorship?

Nae chance. I suspect we'll be lowest on account of our low crowds, but I wonder if the new sponsor has had the foresight to anticipate the potential reduction in exposure from relegation of any of the clubs (I have Utd in mind there!)

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

I disagree. Sponsors are much more interested in the status of the sponsored 'product' and exposure in newspapers and TV rather than the few thousand fans who go through the gate at most Premiership matches.

Given that Dundee are far from being an established top tier club who have had little recent success beyond winning the old First Division compared to the fact that we have been top tier regulars for all but one of the last ten seasons, have been in two major cup finals, winning one and have played in Europe, I would be surprised and disappointed if we have not managed to negotiate a better deal than them. I would hope that our terms would be close to, if not on a par with, those of United.

• Agree 1

Not that long ago that Dundee had to resort to raffling their shirt sponsorship, such was the lack of interest!!!

On a related note, there's a change in SPFL rules for shirt sponsorship for next season which allows clubs to utilise space directly below the numbers on the rear of the shirt for sponsorship....same size as the area at the top rear.

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

In some ways is this a potential reflection of how far Scottish football has fallen in reputation that a single sponsor can afford 3 SPFL teams especially when its not a major corporation.

They may not be a major corporation but they are a very big company with some twenty offices around Scotland and a portfolio of properties at the higher end of the market.

Nor are they stupid. Its TV coverage that this company wants not a few thousand fans. They know that even if any of the three were to go down they'd still get a lot of TV coverage in championship. With the company name on shirts and plastered around stadia McEwan Fraser get TV exposure without paying high TV advertising premiums.

I would imagine that each team willhave been offered similar terms and that those terms are very favourable for us considering we're not taking up the option to extend with Subway

12 hours ago, CaleyD said:

On a related note, there's a change in SPFL rules for shirt sponsorship for next season which allows clubs to utilise space directly below the numbers on the rear of the shirt for sponsorship....

Looks like we're eventually going to end up with shirts plastered in sponsors logo's akin to F1. I dread the day :sad:

• Agree 2

Could not agree more Gringo.  I know it all adds cash but they look like walking billboards.

As long as it does get to the stage like the Brisbane Broncos shirts where it looks like every player is called William Hill

bb.png

• Agree 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 7:28 AM, Gringo said:

Looks like we're eventually going to end up with shirts plastered in sponsors logo's akin to F1. I dread the day :sad:

No longer viable from a commercial point of view but oh for the days when all that was on the front of the shirt was the club badge and the only thing on the back a number....and one to eleven at that.

• Agree 2

It must be a decent enough offer to get a shirt sponsor organised so early in the season.

It's also promising that companies see our club as a good investment to enhance their business.

As for an additional sponsor I don't see the problem and it won't be large, for the volume of shirts we probably sell in a typical season, its a welcome boost. An extra logo may equate to the profit of 500-1000 shirts

• Agree 1

Love it, that's Lille, who I used to go and see when I lived there.  Interestingly both French clubs you've shown have alcohol sponsors, when not so long ago there was a ban on advertising it in France.  The Scotland rugby team, when they were sponsored by Famous Grouse, always had to remove the sponsor from their shirts when playing France.