FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Your Thinking On The Celtic Prices

RiG

Have the prices of the Celtic tickets affected the chances of you being there?  

192 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes! No way will I pay that kind of money!
    • No! I'll be there whatever the cost!
    • Maybe! I'll need to see a bit closer to the time!

Yes there is a thread but I'd like to get an idea of what people think in terms of a pool.

I am seriously considering whether I can afford to come through for this one given that I will spend at least £40 on travel and tickets to take it in.

Good idea RIG to have a pole..  There seems to be an option missing though.  I will go, because I wouldn't miss such a  big game and I love the cup games, but I am disappointed that they haven't even allowed the family section prices as is the case for league games.

So the answer to your question is that yes the pricing makes me think about it, but for this game, I'll be there regardless. If it wasn't such a big tie, I might have thought twice about it.  As I said on another thread staying away will only make another seat available for 'tic fans, so this isn't really a game to have a stay away protest. Also the team need all our support for this game.

ICT vs Celtic, is always gonna be the big attraction, so there is a case for charging accordingly, with hind sight a home win would more than compensate for the cost, if we want the club to kick on it has to maximise revenue when the chance comes along. On the other hand it does cheese you off the fact that the loyal supporters are being asked to dig deeper into their pockets, as mentioned else where football is an expensive hobby nowadays, especially when travel costs and refreshments are taken into account, and family members also want to come along.

Answer to your Q RiG is yes if i could make that weekend i would pay up. For myself pricing is irrelevant, but if the family wanted to go then pricing would be very relevant.

Charlie Christie always bangs his drum about getting the fans in.  Jacking up prices won't help. 

I confess to not having been through to Inverness for a game this season until last Saturday, and was amazed that it would cost £50 for me and my wife to get in.  It's one thing getting the missus to humour me by making the trip through for a game of football, but to have to fork out such a sum was a bit like rubbing her nose in it!  And now it's £54?!

The chances are I will go, but only because it is such  big game.  I suspect the club will get away with it this time, but they can only take the p*** so much.

In addition to moaning on here I belive we should all contact the Chief Executive individually to make our feelings known.

This is a disgrace for a game that will guarantee a full house, hospitality packages and TV revenue.

:018:

It's the Quarter final of the Scottish Cup and a one off game

If you don't want to pay the price stop complaining and don't go!! Someone else will take your place  :006:

Yes, a Celtic supporter.

Every cup game is a one-off game.

That does not justify this price hike.

The Club should be ashamed of the way they are treating their supporters.

It's all very well saying if you don't want to pay don't go...but what about the supporters who can't afford it.

Won't pay = customers choice...

Can't pay = customer no choice...

The club will make enough on TV money without having to p*ss off the people they want to come along more often.

This football club ignores its supporters and potential supporters at its peril.

I just hope that the fans who do attend get the opportunity to sing "cheerio" as the 'tic fans leave early...again.

The decision for the prices is not just the clubs. As has been pointed out, when the game involves SPL teams the prices are set at the normal match prices unless the opposition agrees. The options in this regard are therefore limited.

The are other ways in which the club can reward loyalty however, and it would be nice at some point for the club to make a realistic attempt at giving something back. In particular the efforts to increase the number of younger supporters (who will be the paying supporters of the future) has diminished greatly over recent years.

For clarity I am not talking about reducing the tickets or allowing free entry for under 12s for the last meaningless match of the season as has happened in recent years!

It IS expensive but of course Ill be there!!!!!!

If you can't afford it, spend some of the money on going to the pub to watch it!!!!!  :001:

I'm going to spend ALL of the money going to the pub to watch it!!!  :drinking02: :drinking02: :drinking02:

If you don't want to pay the price stop complaining and don't go!! Someone else will take your place  :006:

Does this apply for the following games:

CIS Cup v Dumbarton

CIS Cup v Falkirk

TSC Cup v Dundee United

Does this apply for the following games:

CIS Cup v Dumbarton

CIS Cup v Falkirk

TSC Cup v Dundee United

Your point caller?  :016:

The Dumbarton game was certainly lower prices, Falkirk can't remember and the DU pricing turned out to be a mistake.

However, it's Celtic coming to play us in the 1/4 finals and demand will simply outway supply. I may not even get a ticket myself but that doesn't stop me wanting to go to what could turn out to be a historic day. Would there be complaints about the ticket prices IF we made it to the final?

The Falkirk game was about the same as league match tickets IIRC (give or take a pound). And we saw the attendance that night. Fact is, this Celtic game gives the club a chance to really screw fans for their cash but when the boot is on the other foot and they want more folk through the gates the seem unwilling to reduce prices even by a wee bit to get more punters in.

I think there might actually be complaints if those were the prices for the Final, particularly for kids.

Yes, the ticket prices are high, but it isn't the first time we have seen this.  Scotland vs Georgia, the prices go up when the demand gets higher and that game looks like it is going to be a sell out.

With this game, I will be there.  Apart from not yet taking in a Celtic game at the TCS, it is going to be magical.  It is the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, we have a real chance of doing well in it, we know that when teams come to the TCS that they are not garunteed anything.

And then you look at what happened in the past.  Those two famous cup games that made our name all over Britain, the game that gave The Sun so many awards because of one headline, that one game changed ICT for ever.  And here we are again.  This could be the highest profile game that we have had ever, outweighing both the Semi-Final trips, beating Rangers both away and at home.  This is a game where tickets are going to be like gold-dust, and the club(s) have priced them accordingly.  What would you rather?

1. Fans have to pay a little extra to get tickets, which in turn will help the club.

2. Fans get cheap tickets, which they then sell on ebay for over inflated prices, with the club losing out on money.

3. As has been said before, if an ICT fan doesn't buy a ticket, then a Celtic fan will.

I don't want to pay £27 for a ticket, but I am going to have to if I want to be there.

You can't compare CIS prices and Scottish cup prices. No one is really all that interested in the CIS cup, Celtic get miserable crowds for this comp, sometimes less than twenty thousand. Prices are the same as League encounters for A list games are they not, apart from family section being removed. They are nippy prices, but probably not much different to other clubs in a similar position, anyone got figures for them?