Coronavirus - Season on hold

tm4tj

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Call it as is across the board, play the playoffs, expand the leagues and incorporate the Highland and Lowland Leagues into the pyramid.

The LL is already in the pyramid Jack, and has several leagues below it. 20-odd years ago the HL could afford to be smug about being of a better standard, but apart from maybe half a dozen clubs at the top it’s a pretty stagnant situation. When you’ve got Brora or Buckie meeting Fort or Lossie regularly in league fixtures, you’ve got problems.
(slightly off- topic, but hey, if you’re a member of the junta, sorry I mean a mod, you can take liberties).

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Seems a bit silly now people were calling for fans back in grounds.

When people were calling for fans back in grounds such calls were entirely legitimate at least in low level areas.

However, the virus has mutated into a far more infectious strain which needs far more rigorous measures and there are now, for the time being at least, no areas of mainland Scotland, or anywhere in the United Kingdom for that matter, which can be considered low level.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

When we were in level 1 it was a legitimate call. We were lucky enough to get into the Dundee game and I felt ultra safe. Obviously not an option now sadly. 

Likewise I was at Dundee game and the circumstances were extremely safe - well done to ICT that day.   I am so chuffed I was able to be at that game - but whenever the restrictions allow, with all vaccines etc, I really look forward to seeing ICT again.  (Hopefully in my own seat in North Stand, but would be happy anywhere in Stadium just to be there).   Stay safe everyone x

I can't see any league or country allowing fans in stadiums this season now. 

Did uncle Roy not offer his testing machine to help out the highland league clubs. Maybe the club will take him up on that offer and might not hit us hard in the pocket

6 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

I wouldnt bet on it ......Uncle Roy said he wanted us back in the same league as them  but when the chance came voted against us. I no longer tust his words

If County are offering the use of their testing system then we should bite their hands off to accept.

Right now, we should accept help whatever the source.

That said, I still think that Roy Macgregor's hypocrisy remains breathtaking.

13 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

If County are offering the use of their testing system then we should bite their hands off to accept.

Right now, we should accept help whatever the source.

That said, I still think that Roy Macgregor's hypocrisy remains breathtaking.

You are right with the last line Kingsmills!

When he announced that County had the machine on TV he said it could be used by other sports people in the highlands but when being questioned about it a couple of weeks later on the radio he backtracked by saying they need it for Ross County and there could be problems transporting it about.  I wouldn't hold much hope of ICT getting the use of it but you never know.

I seem to remember the offer being more specifically related to Elgin and perhaps other teams in their League Cup group because the teams from lower divisions were required to have players tested if they were playing a premier division side.    I can't see us using County's machine unless we pay a proper commercial rent.  Regular testing is an expensive business.

Dates have been announced for our three postponed games (to date) to take place: 27 and 30 January (Morton away and Queen if the South at home) and 3 February (Arbroath away):

https://ictfc.com/rearranged-championship-matches

No word on when / if the Buckie game will take place and we may, of course, also need a date for playing Raith if Saturday’s game does get called off.

I can’t help but wonder how long it will be until the Championship gets suspended, though. 

Not sure how the clubs testing policy works but cramming all those fixtures into a short space of time will cause issues...maybe? There's every chance to the Raith game will be off too. Looking at the current situation I wouldn't be a all surprised if the season is cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

Not sure how the clubs testing policy works but cramming all those fixtures into a short space of time will cause issues...maybe? There's every chance to the Raith game will be off too. Looking at the current situation I wouldn't be a all surprised if the season is cancelled. 

I'm a bit more hopeful, I could see a pause in the season til mid to late Feb, but then a restart with the season running to late June/Early July

On 1/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Robert said:

Good to see that, despite everything, the club is still securing support from businesses.

I love the comment below the club’s tweet too about the club having new coaches!

Will we still use D & E for the first team or will City Link take over from them?

7 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I'm a bit more hopeful, I could see a pause in the season til mid to late Feb, but then a restart with the season running to late June/Early July

I'm confident the limited league programme will be completed but wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Scottish Cup wiped out this season due to the fixture congestion. We've probably not seen the worst of the winter yet so many more postponements still quite likely. 

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

I'm confident the limited league programme will be completed but wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Scottish Cup wiped out this season due to the fixture congestion.

Would have thought that there is more money (TV rights etc) involved in the Scottish Cup than in the Championship, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Championship was abandoned.

And then they wouldn't be able to promote anyone, so no one would be relegated from the Premiership.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic