ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

“The club can confirm that James Vincent, Kevin McHattie, Nikolay Todorov, Martin MacKinnon and Shane Harkness will be leaving us this summer. 

Nikolay Todorov and Martin MacKinnon were offered improved contract extensions but decided to move on. “

Mentions later that Storey has been offered a new contract but no conclusion on that either way, with Dodds having spoken to him on Thursday and again last night.

With Aaron Doran and Cammy Mackay reporting for training, that implies they are likely to sign new deals.

Maybe they already have but no one told us??? 

Really disappointing that Toddy has chosen to move on. The others are not a great surprise and we can now focus on plugging the gaps in the squad.

As a regular poster on here states, we need to find a number 9, even if the player does not wear that number (given McDonald has that squad number…).

Edited by Robert

Hopefully we don't go out and over spend to replace the departed players because there are youngsters capable of stepping up imho :ictscarf:

I imagine we will probably see an experienced striker signed, possibly a Left Back too. 

I trust that Billy Dodds will be working on targets and trying to get them in quickly enough that they settle in long before our first game of the League Cup. 

8 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Hopefully we don't go out and over spend to replace the departed players because there are youngsters capable of stepping up imho :ictscarf:

I imagine we will probably see an experienced striker signed, possibly a Left Back too. 

I trust that Billy Dodds will be working on targets and trying to get them in quickly enough that they settle in long before our first game of the League Cup. 

There's no chance of us overspending and we have Harper and Deas who can play LB. That's possibly the last area that's needs more players.

I can see us looking at a CB (to replace Mckay), maybe a RB (so Carson can return to midfield and Duffy could act as a CB), an attacking midfielder and I guess we are looking at two strikers now. 

If Storey is away, we've lost eight first team players since the end of the season - Brad McKay and Kevin McHattie in defence, Scott Allan and James Vincent in midfield and Nikolay Todorov, Daniel Mackay and James Keatings in attack (I don't think Arron Lyall contributed enough to be called a first team player)

I'd argue that we need to replace all eight. I think it would be ambitious to rely on Nicolson, Fyffe and Hyde to have the same impact that Harper, MacGregor and Daniel Mackay had last season.

We've brought back Walsh, so that leaves another seven holes to fill.

The current squad (only players who have played competitively for the first team listed)

Goalkeepers: Mackay, Ridgers

Defenders: Carson, Deas, Devine, Duffy, Fyffe, Harper, Nicolson

Midfielders: Allardice, Hyde, MacGregor, Welsh

Attacking midfielders: Doran, McDonald, Walsh

Strikers: Sutherland

We certainly need reinforcements at CB, either RB or CM (depending on where Dodds wants to play Carson), and up front and a guy who can play the no. 10 role as well.

8 minutes ago, SMEE said:

Billy Mckay has re-signed on a 2 year deal. Hopefully that means ICT will have a goalscorer again

That'll do for starters. Hope he settles quickly this time.

• Agree 1

If he can be as effective as he became in his first spell, he will be an asset.

It took him a while to start scoring first time round, and he didn’t get that many when he rejoined us in our relegation season (although I recall a cracker against Rangers if my memory is correct), so as others have said I hope he hits the ground running. 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic