FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shearer to Return ?

SMEE

The way i recieved the news would suggest that CC wasnt happy at the possibility of Shearer arriving. I never at any time suggested it was gospel. On the other hand, it does seem rather a random rumour to start for the **** of it.

Guest Atholl

Not a rumour but If CC was to walk away there's a potential candidate that fits the ICT profile... Young ambitious former top grade Scottish player, and has North East connections so our location would probably not present a problem ..

Press release 11 April 2007

Northampton Town have confirmed Eoin Jess has been released from his contract, with the former Scotland international now likely to retire.

Jess joined Northampton from Nottingham Forest two years ago and made 76 appearances during his time at Sixfields.

But he had not figured under Stuart Gray for the past two months and claimed last week that he would be leaving the club.

Gray has now confirmed that the 36-year-old has moved on, with the midfielder expected to quit playing in favour of finding a coaching position.

"Eoin and I sat down and had a chat, and at 36 I don't think he is too keen on carrying on his playing career," Gray told the club's official website.

"He was out of contract in the summer and it made sense to make this decision now.

"I think he wants to move into the coaching side of things and we wish him all the best with that.

"I would also like to thank him for all his efforts at the club and wish him every success for the future."

Jess was in a playing/coaching role with the Cobblers so he does have some insight into the coaching aspect although whether he has undertaken the Largs initiation I've no idea.

Guest Schafkopf

Disagree alex i think as was posted earlier we are only a bad run away from relegation fight next season and we all know how hard it is to come back up if we drop down.

Guest Schafkopf

No not IMO just think at times with CC we are too negative and at times it gets pretty boring thought Mcoist if we could have lured him would have been Top class. Not trying to start an argument Alex it's only my opinion 

Guest Atholl

Each to his own but, personally I feel CC has to be given the chance to build his own team before we shoot him down. Lets just see what next season brings.

Assuming CC doesn't walk away which was what I mentioned, not that I wanted him sacked and replaced by Jess. Just that, given the restrictions placed on our managers he fits the profile, young, up and coming with a reputation to make - contacts in the game at all levels and a high profile from his playing days.

Alternatively there's Pat n Jess :police: :cat:

This subject has bored me to tears recently.We have just secured another season in the top flight which is a fabulous achievement.CC HAS made mistakes but he is still learning and I hope that he is given the chance to build his own team and im confident he can do just that.So lets just get behind him and see what unfolds next season.

To return briefly to the bizarre thought of trading in CC for Eoin Jess just because Jess fancies a bash at coaching... don't any of you remember Eoin Jess giving interviews when he was at Aberdeen? He managed to get out 15 syllables a minute if he was feeling chatty, and had this permanent Dylan-from-The-Magic-Roundabout thing going on around the eyes. Not to mention his habit of going missing from games for an hour at a time if he didn't fancy it. NOT the sort of inspriation we need.

CC's doing fine. As for Jess, if he's really keen he can start at Hill Rovers and work his way up, just like managers did in the good old days...