FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shearer to Return ?

SMEE

Av heard a rumour this morn that there was a BIG bust up wi Christie and the board last night over the appointment of shearer as a coach. IF true, could it be the end of Charlie at the club?

there was a BIG bust up wi Christie and the board last night over the appointment of shearer as a coach. IF true, could it be the end of Charlie at the club?

If true (and I doubt it to be honest), I would APPLAUD Charlie for having the bust up.

Regardless of whether you think Charlie Christie is the right man for the job or not - and we do seem to have a wide spectrum of views in that area - no-one can argue that he is anything other than ICT through and through. shearer on the other hand, gloated his way through a TV program in Aberdeen and smirked about moving to the Dons just days after 'signing a contract' and pledging his future to ICT. At least Paterson had the grace to bodyswerve the program.

Am not saying its true. Am merely sharing what i have been told and ad like to think i know the person well enuff to say that am sure he has more to do than make up pointless pish.

Wasnt saying your sources were wrong SMEE so let me re-phrase what I said ....

Original

If true (and I doubt it to be honest)

re-phrased

If true (and I hope like **** it is not)

I wasnt singling you out at all Scotty...I was just letting it be known that I doubt it was just plucked from thin air!! I have my reasons to beleive this to have some credibility.

Whether true or not, the possibility is certainly 'credible' ...

I just hope our board havent forgotten how much of a slap in the face his sudden departure was the last time, made even worse by his TV appearance the night before he was in the press conference from Pittodrie.

If the board have forgotten the pain of that 'slap', the fans certainly havent and although Steve Paterson seems to have been forgiven by most fans for his departure, Shearer has not, primarily because of that TV appearance. If the offer of the manager's job wasnt enough to tempt him to stay when Pele left, then it would be short sighted in the extreme to offer the turncoat a coaching position.

Shearer as a coach. Every chance it was suggested that Shearer come in as a coach. It has not been said he's coming as head coach. I could easily see why there would be a bust up. CC is a fan of this club and like the majority of fans, probably, will not forgive the Fort William skank for the very reasons outlined above.

So lets have a "Dream team" scenario.

Manager tells Board in Feb that he has had enuff but will wait till the end of the season.

Assistant Manager states that he is not staying and is going back to an ex friend down south for a LIVIng.

There have been major boardroom and dressing room divides over this.

Manager is told 3 weeks ago who the next Coach will be - and goes livid.

PL has been approcahed - do not know the outcome.

Next season I am placing abet on PL or A.N.Other plus Dunc in charge.

And I bet we keep the squad we have inc. Darg ( who is waiting fer the outcome) and we have more money to play with.

But this is just fantasy ???

again as i said to alex, mainstander; as things stand it wouldnt take a 'disasterous' change in our form for us to be in the relegation mire next term

so in my heed am not imagining a disaster scenario!  when i cross the road i always wait, look both ways, listen and walk carefully all the way to the other side, its madness  :017: