FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

When is enough is enough

caley1

So we now go into game no 8 since rewarding a new 2 year deal  1 win in cup (by a 1 goal advantage ) To a team we should be beating easily.   Followed up  1 draw in the league a massive 7 games later giving us a massive grand total of 1 point . When exactly is ‘Thats it he’s had long enough’ . As a very strong majority of fans are shocked how the club is continuously handling matters . No manager has ever had such a dismal run  and been allowed to carry on regardless. Must be some serious underhand goings on down at the club these days . Third year of it now and looking like the chairman and board have no balls in sorting out this mess . Maybe they will even extend his contract further shortly . Nothing would surprise me 😂😂

The ‘powers’ will pay no attention to anything written on the forum. (I doubt if they have any minion even read and report back). That’s not to say the forum doesn’t provide a platform, it does, but it has no influence in the machinations of ICT decision making! 

If you want to get your message elevated to where it would register with some of the board power-players that may begin to think the way you do then there two options that has been previously proposed:-

1) Protest. Last Sat was a damp squib because it was not sufficiently organised or backed with enough fans.

2) Hit them in the pocket! Slower but more effective if again enough fans do same.

You have of course to ‘ride’ the diehard fans that will deride your position and stance. Throw in sooner or later Doddsie will win a match and the air is sucked out of any action against him!

just my tuppence worth!!

bc

6 hours ago, caley1 said:

So we now go into game no 8 since rewarding a new 2 year deal  1 win in cup (by a 1 goal advantage ) To a team we should be beating easily.   Followed up  1 draw in the league a massive 7 games later giving us a massive grand total of 1 point . When exactly is ‘Thats it he’s had long enough’ . As a very strong majority of fans are shocked how the club is continuously handling matters . No manager has ever had such a dismal run  and been allowed to carry on regardless. Must be some serious underhand goings on down at the club these days . Third year of it now and looking like the chairman and board have no balls in sorting out this mess . Maybe they will even extend his contract further shortly . Nothing would surprise me 😂😂

For me it's this Saturday, lose and his position should become untenable because we just can't carry on like this 😡.  I am just not going to tolerate this sort of inept results any longer especially when I can sit and watch the Rugby World Cup and entertaining matches which even includes our own National team.

9 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

For me it's this Saturday, lose and his position should become untenable because we just can't carry on like this 😡.  I am just not going to tolerate this sort of inept results any longer especially when I can sit and watch the Rugby World Cup and entertaining matches which even includes our own National team.

And if we win? 

• Thoughtful 1

I am not spending one more penny on ICT as long as the current set up remains. 

I feel the same toxicity in the air as there was in the lead up to the merger. 

Same 'well do as we like' attitude coming from within ICT now, at there was in 1993/1994, which turned a lot of folk against the 'new' club. 

I checked out for a time back then, and I'm doing the same now.

Sad, but I just don't respect the club at present and I'm losing more and more interest in it with each passing day. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
Typo
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

And if we win? 

Then he hangs on for another week or so though I actually agree with the man when he says that when we win we could go on a run of consecutive wins.

I always like to remain confident so have faith that we can turn things around.

3 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Let’s be honest, Dodds probably needs to go. Even if he turns it around to a point where we reach the playoffs you will still have the usual suspects moaning. 

On the showing so far this season, the only play-off we will make is the relegation one.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

On the showing so far this season, the only play-off we will make is the relegation one.

It’s amazing how Some people just see things so differently. (Pint of whatever they’re drinking please ) . Going absolutely nowhere if left like it is . 

48 minutes ago, caley1 said:

It’s amazing how Some people just see things so differently. (Pint of whatever they’re drinking please ) . Going absolutely nowhere if left like it is . 

We aren't going nowhere, we're going down.

Plus it's not just Dodds. It's Robbo and his second job, CEO and his dictatorship style, a SLO who is about as reachable and answerable as Putin, etc etc.

• Well Said 2

44 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

We aren't going nowhere, we're going down.

Plus it's not just Dodds. It's Robbo and his second job, CEO and his dictatorship style, a SLO who is about as reachable and answerable as Putin, etc etc.

Tinted glasses on some folks . Grab a point out of 4 games and the happy clappers  think he can do no wrong . 3rd year of the same old **** football or hoofball as it’s better known . Be no real fans left at this rate as long as its lined the pockets of the above mentioned money grabbers . 

9 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Let’s be honest, Dodds probably needs to go. Even if he turns it around to a point where we reach the playoffs you will still have the usual suspects moaning. 

Not me, I didn’t agree with giving Dodds a new (any) contract. However the ‘powers’ pulling the levers seen something in Dodds that satisfies their interests and gave him a 2 year contract extension! As such I respect that’s their prerogative and accepted it (still do)!

I don’t like, (or understand), the system or game plan Dodds plays as it’s too boring (back line and goalie square passing for 70 odd minutes or so a game), but I was prepared to give him 18 months of the 2 years to turn things round.
So far the only thing constant with the club is a seamless continuation of last season’s fare. (I exclude the cup run as  that was a freak. We were lucky in the final Celtic didn’t really turn up at tall)!

So where am I now on Dodds giving the results (that’s all that really counts)?? 

I expect the team will eventually cut out the defensive blunders and will form something more of a threat up front!  We’ll loose more than we will win, but I doubt if anything more than a bottom half of the table is our lot.

Realistically I don’t think there is any manager we can afford to encourage to come north! Paying off Dodds would severely dent the coffers and put the club in a more vulnerable position. I think it suits the current ‘powers’ to stick with what we have and keep things ‘calm’ until they can make a structured exit. The backbone of all clubs is the fans, and the reality is we just don’t have near enough to trigger or finance a better product. Only Arbroath has a lower fanbase than us and they are part time!!!

So in closing, I believe we stick with Dodds and hope he manages to keep the club in the 2nd division (as it will always be for me)

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’ve thought that too for a long time, he’s there waiting in the wings as the most realistic (ie affordable) option.

I've no idea how he would combine the managers position/sporting director and Ross county bbc fanboy.

🤪

• Well Said 2
  • Funny 4

On the one hand I'm thinking surely there has to be a club statement this week ......

But on the other I'm assuming we just trundle on until next Saturday hearing that if we win that one we could go on a run.....

We could realistically be sitting at the end of September with one point from twenty-one in the league and already knocked out of two cup competitions.

The supporters who continue to travel to away games, particularly in this financial climate, deserve a medal.  When is the last time they saw an away win against non-Highland league opposition?  Unfortunately at the moment I'm afraid to say I'm not confident the club - never mind medals - would even reply to their email!

Now is the time for change as far as I'm concerned as without it we are heading into league 1 imo.

1 hour ago, caley1 said:

Scot Gardiner is the root of our problems 

I'm finding myself in agreement. Talks a great game but what has he actually achieved, other than alienate a lot of local businesses from wanting anything to do with the club after the concert fiasco?

All that orange kit and 12th july nonsense was the final straw for me, the club should never have let itself be lowered to that level! 

Seems like the chairman has given him free rein of the club to run it as he likes?

Might his final act have been, what's becoming blatantly obvious, the mad decision to award dodds another 2 year contract?

Edited by RednBlackComeback
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 11