FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Battery Project - Chairman's Statement

DoofersDad

They’d need to allow vehicles to turn right from Stadium Road to go over the Kessock Bridge and someone would need to pay for a frequent service between the ground and the City Centre.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 11:16 PM, Robert said:

They’d need to allow vehicles to turn right from Stadium Road to go over the Kessock Bridge and someone would need to pay for a frequent service between the ground and the City Centre.

Well, if someone at Transport Scotland gets their arses in gear to build the flyover, it shouldn't be a problem 😂

Edited by Jack Waddington

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Leaky Blinder said:

The song "In the year 2525" by Zager & Evans suddenly sprung to mind 

I will have that in my head all night now :lol:

• Funny 1

Lot's of truth in that song...

In the year 6565 You won't need no husband, won't need no wife You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too From the bottom of a long glass tube

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear. Looks like the club have done well to remove some of the grounds for refusal but there is absolutely nothing that can be done to prevent the loss of a small amount of open space, it’s a pretty inherent part of any development.

• Sad 1

The councillors on the committee now have good grounds to ignore any concerns relating to noise or ecology as their officers are happy with the scheme in terms of those issues.

At the last committee meeting, those seemed like bigger concerns to them than the loss of the open space. I reckon the committee will overrule the officer's recommendation and it will get approved.

• Thank You 1
  • Thoughtful 1

That sounds very logical Stephen but I’ve found over the years that logic and common sense quite often fly out of the window at committee when personal agendas come into play. I’ve no idea if that would be an issue in this particular case but nothing ever surprises me when councillors are involved.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Got a slice in the Courier this morning, looks like the Battery Farm's main problems have been ironed out and the only one left is Green Space loss. Next review is next wednesday but the committee are visiting the site before then.

If that's the only issue, it would be laughable if it's refused as there seems to be no issues with any other greenspace being gobbled up by Tulloch or any other developers for building houses. 

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Fraz said:

If that's the only issue, it would be laughable if it's refused as there seems to be no issues with any other greenspace being gobbled up by Tulloch or any other developers for building houses. 

Not quite as straight forward as that. The land is part of the protected green space in the Inner Moray Firth Development Plan. The locations where volume builders, like Tulloch Homes, get to cram in their streets of identical and over priced boxes is marked on that same long term plan as development land.

Anyone asked for, or seen, any data that backs up the claims this project is the equivalent of planting a million trees? Or the data that shows how it will make the club wealthier than the King (and not line the pockets of the allegedly "invested" individuals closely associated to the board room)?

I ask because I noticed two of the biggest financial players in this space, Gresham House Energy Storage Fund and Gore Street Energy Storage Fund, have been getting an absolute hounding on the markets over the last 6 months. Related news coverage suggests it is because of serious concerns about the funds ability to provide dividend cover i.e. the markets expecting the dividends to get slashed due to revenues dropping off.

Edited by wilsywilsy

Was a close run thing passed by 1 vote. Chair backed to refuse and that was seconded but only had 5 councillors allowed to vote and passed by 3 to 2. They have got through by the skin of their teeth

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic