Our squad next season

1 hour ago, LisleRightPeg said:

From what I’ve seen Bray, Walker, Thompson and Cairns are all very good young players who will thrive with the right players around them. 

Keith Bray was setting the heather on fire at the start of last season then Ferguson came in and put him out on loan!

• Thoughtful 1
  • Sad 1

Players who have been recognised on google earth so far, however nothing official yet.

The players I (Jamie MacKinnon on X) knew who trained were:

1. Thomson
  2. Gilmour
  3. Nicolson
  4. Ujdur
  5. Cairns
  6. Strachan
  7. Bray
  8. McKay
  9. Devine
  10. Davidson
  11. Ferguson (Dunc's loon)
  12. Savage
  13. Brooks
  14. Longstaff
  • Like 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I had time on my hands this morning so….

First stop Fort George and what looked like seven or eight over-weight members of HM Forces labouring round the training area on a boot camp…. but you never know, that might have been it. 😩

Then I thought I’d have a look at the Queens Park track which other clubs have been using. Here a squad of 70+ year olds were making brave efforts to walk or hobble round. So maybe that was the 24-25 squad?😱

But best also check the all weather at the Rugby Club next door since there are going to be a lot of plastic pitches to acclimatise to. It was empty.

I’m sure they could have been plenty other places, but the “usual suspect” venues yielded about as much as recent information from the club has.

Did you check Kelty? 

• Funny 5

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Players who have been recognised on google earth so far, however nothing official yet.

The players I (Jamie MacKinnon on X) knew who trained were:

1. Thomson
  2. Gilmour
  3. Nicolson
  4. Ujdur
  5. Cairns
  6. Strachan
  7. Bray
  8. McKay
  9. Devine
  10. Davidson
  11. Ferguson (Dunc's loon)
  12. Savage
  13. Brooks
  14. Longstaff

What about Roddy MacGregor & Lewis Hyde any news on them or have they moved to pastures new  ?

Edited by izzy

6 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I had time on my hands this morning so….

First stop Fort George and what looked like seven or eight over-weight members of HM Forces labouring round the training area on a boot camp…. but you never know, that might have been it. 😩

Then I thought I’d have a look at the Queens Park track which other clubs have been using. Here a squad of 70+ year olds were making brave efforts to walk or hobble round. So maybe that was the 24-25 squad?😱

But best also check the all weather at the Rugby Club next door since there are going to be a lot of plastic pitches to acclimatise to. It was empty.

I’m sure they could have been plenty other places, but the “usual suspect” venues yielded about as much as recent information from the club has.

I left at 1130. I’m told that a Caley Thistle group began to arrive at midday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

If they were not going to renew his contract, shouldn't he - and anyone else in the same situation - have received his P45 by now, as Doran did?

Would have thought so. Only going of what I read on social media today, no other sources:

• Like 1

You would almost think they were doing this to spite us all for disapproving the move to Kelty and asking Gardiner to leave because our club is being ruined. This is unprecedented crass behaviour. Are they bringing the game of football into disrepute? Shocking performance from those within who have done irreperable damage to the brand.

I have never been so disengaged from anything in my life. Not sure I can stomach much more of this.

• Agree 7

4 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

You would almost think they were doing this to spite us all for disapproving the move to Kelty and asking Gardiner to leave because our club is being ruined. This is unprecedented crass behaviour. Are they bringing the game of football into disrepute? Shocking performance from those within who have done irreperable damage to the brand.

I have never been so disengaged from anything in my life. Not sure I can stomach much more of this.

Agree. I feel ashamed of how our club treating people and finding it hard to stay connected to a club so morally bankrupt. Awful times 

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, STFU said:

We're going with the 'nearest the goal is in' method instead of a dedicated keeper this season.

Maybe get this 20 year old, 3rd choice at county, behind Ross laidlaw and loanee wickens from Fulham last season. Loaned to Brora last year.

local boy fits the bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Ross

https://www.facebook.com/EveningExpressAberdeen/videos/phenomenal-goalkeeping-from-ross-county-loanee-logan-ross-despite-brora-rangers-/2478028555918475/

• Like 1