Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

I want to be shocked at the Doran news but after the way we treated Sutherland and Walsh after their injuries, it's on par for this board.

Honestly this last week has been enough reason for them all to resign 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Whilst it is appalling, especially for such a long-serving player, let’s not forget that the that the club has no money, it is bust, it needs a begging bowl every month to pay the wages and meet other legal obligations. It’s the sad reality that businesses in our desperate situation will put off any non-essential payments in order to stay alive a bit longer. Not justifying the club’s actions (or inactions) here, but it’s just the sort of unpleasant thing that I’ve seen happen in struggling businesses.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

33 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Whilst it is appalling, especially for such a long-serving player, let’s not forget that the that the club has no money, it is bust, it needs a begging bowl every month to pay the wages and meet other legal obligations. It’s the sad reality that businesses in our desperate situation will put off any non-essential payments in order to stay alive a bit longer. Not justifying the club’s actions (or inactions) here, but it’s just the sort of unpleasant thing that I’ve seen happen in struggling businesses.

You may not be trying to justify the club's actions but you are trying to excuse them in the same way you have done constantly every time they have screwed up.

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 4

Some people only want to hear one narrative, others are open perspectives they might not previously have considered. Do we want discussion forum or an echo chamber?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 4
  • Funny 1

The board made a conscious choice to not keep up with medical insurance for player injuries.  It did, however, forecast enough to pay Ferguson a quarter of a million a year, for multiple years.  

Ask the 8-ball stuff.

[edit: Knee ligament repair (ACL) surgery cost is 7-8k, not much more than a week's wage for Ferguson]

Edited by Achfary
ACL cost
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 5

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Interesting. Do you when the medical insurance stopped?

No idea - but it's safe to assume there's no live medical insurance for Doran.  Yes, it may be that the club never had such insurance - true - and just paid as they went (or not as is the case).  I think assumptions -within a logical framework - are still allowed, that professional sports clubs either have insurance or a plan B?

But if there was no insurance, and no money was ring-fenced for such eventualities - then there was no duty of care, and this idea that the ex-Chairman was a "fan Chairman" can be binned.

But yes, let's pick holes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

4 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Smells again of yet another SG f••k up

Can’t be ruled out but more likely to be a cost cutting decision. Replace the definite cost of insurance with the possible cost of an operation once in a while, and possibly no cost at all if the player in question is going out of contract. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Achfary said:

No idea - but it's safe to assume there's no live medical insurance for Doran.  Yes, it may be that the club never had such insurance - true - and just paid as they went (or not as is the case).  I think assumptions -within a logical framework - are still allowed, that professional sports clubs either have insurance or a plan B?

But if there was no insurance, and no money was ring-fenced for such eventualities - then there was no duty of care, and this idea that the ex-Chairman was a "fan Chairman" can be binned.

But yes, let's pick holes.

Was just wondering if insurance was something that we used to have and which got axed like so many things when we went into cost cutting mode after the battery farm hit the skids.

Yes it is ludicrous that we were paying a manager that level of salary and it is one of many things that reiterate the overconfidence and overreliance there was on the battery farm going ahead. I suspect that if a player needed an op in the early part of the season it would have been dealt with more promptly than after the realisation that we faced a struggle to survive.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Probably why they felt the  press was needing to be warned off.

Whether the business case is sound, the moral case isn't - and together with the legal case, these are touchstones of any strategy.  It's clear none of these have been developed by SG or the board.

The wider ramifications of Kelty, Cammy, Ridgers, Doran, Ferguson's wage etc.- all played out in the media in the last few days- are that sympathy for the plight of the club must be ebbing away, among neutrals, and if Wednesday brings news of administration, and an appeal for season ticket money, such stories do little to help a call to arms.  

Death by a thousand cuts.

Edited by Achfary
responding previous post
  • Agree 5
  • Well Said 1

If the club survives (and I think it's the less likely option at this point) all the people who've been involved in this need to go.  The entire current board are complicit in what has happened and what is going on.  

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Some people only want to hear one narrative, others are open perspectives they might not previously have considered. Do we want discussion forum or an echo chamber?

I am more than happy to hear different narratives/perspectives and made no suggestion to the contrary.

I simply offered my perspective on you constantly making excuses for things that others find inexcusable.

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 1

The lack of communication with the fans is mind blowing.  And yes if we feel totally undervalued and increasingly frustrated then I can only imagine how the players feel.

Last year when we reached the Scottish Cup Final the club turned people who wanted to buy tickets away, preferring to hand these back to the SFA and subsequently to Celtic.  So such individuals may not have been in the habit of attending ICT games every week but that is what happens at Cup Finals and similar: people from the town/city and casual supporters (some of whom perhaps were unable to attend games in recent times due to living away) get carried along with the excitement resulting in some attending  more regularly or even buying season tickets in subsequent seasons generating ongoing income.

In my opinion another example of short term thinking, shooting ourselves in the foot and failing to capitalise on an opportunity.

That decision still frustrates me to this day.

Edited by robbo1985
  • Like 3

Just now, ictchris said:

If the club survives (and I think it's the less likely option at this point) all the people who've been involved in this need to go.  The entire current board are complicit in what has happened and what is going on.  

Agreed - both in terms of prudent decision making and now morally. Gordy Fyffe is a Public Relations Consultant but clearly the last month has been an absolute disaster for him by being on the Board. The Board have brought not only the football club into disrepute but also the City.  Their performance will be ridiculed far and wide.  With the Chairman having handed in his notice on the day the Accounts should been signed off it is fair to say the Directors will be quite concerned about their own legal position as Directors.  Therein lies the problem, there is no one in charge at the club beyond the Insolvency Practitioner and the CEO. The Honorary President is probably the lead person. Take your pick from this slightly out of date list  https://ictfc.com/the-board/

• Agree 2

We have complained about the club being tight lipped before over many years - not just in the here and now - when difficult subjects came up, but the sheer level of silence to staff, players, and fans right now is utterly mind-blowing.  

It pains me to say this, but at this moment in time, I don't think we will have a club taking to the field for the 2024/25 season and there are quite a few people who will need to look in the mirror and ask themselves about their part in that. They can blame the fans, or the lack of sponsors, or the failure of various Walter Mitty schemes dreamt up by the CEO, but in the end, I hope they can feel proud of themselves when our club dies. They will go down in infamy. 

ICT (2025) to be reborn from the ashes? The Eagle and the Thistle rising from the ashes like a Phoenix under fan ownership and backed by the community and the city? Lets hope so.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 4
  • Thoughtful 1

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

ICT (2025) to be reborn from the ashes? The Eagle and the Thistle rising from the ashes like a Phoenix under fan ownership and backed by the community and the city? Lets hope so.

Can't see that happening now - I think the ICT name has been permanently stained.

Not sure I want to be part of it anymore.

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

We are at a low point. Can it get any lower? We might find out tomorrow, which some people have suggested would be a critical day if no rescue deal was struck by now. ☹️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Was just wondering if insurance was something that we used to have and which got axed like so many things when we went into cost cutting mode after the battery farm hit the skids.

Yes it is ludicrous that we were paying a manager that level of salary and it is one of many things that reiterate the overconfidence and overreliance there was on the battery farm going ahead. I suspect that if a player needed an op in the early part of the season it would have been dealt with more promptly than after the realisation that we faced a struggle to survive.

Unlikely given how we previously treated Shane Sutherland and Tom Walsh ?

• Thoughtful 1

58 minutes ago, buckett said:

Can't see that happening now - I think the ICT name has been permanently stained.

Not sure I want to be part of it anymore.

Agree I'm completely ashamed to be a fan of this club at present 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Agree I'm completely ashamed to be a fan of this club at present 

A ‘me too’ moment.

Sadly I feel the same - I find it quite astonishing that a handful of irresponsible, self-serving ***** have brought us to our knees so quickly and trashed 30 years of such a brilliant and thrilling history.

It’s been a blast but I think we’re done for as ICT - just got to look forward to the rise of Inverness Phoenix and do it all again…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ictchris said:

It's almost like the club has gone out of business already.  Just an appalling way to treat anyone, let alone one of our longest serving players.

Wonder how grassa would have felt if the shoe was on the other foot seen as he seems to be heavily involved in things the now . The board really are as bad as it ever has been . Morrison and Gardiner have handled things so bad it’s been unbelievable . As for the rest of the board they really  are just as bad, Certainly proved that the last few weeks   . Only hope is some neural investor would come in and clear out  the whole lot of them . It’s been disgusting how players and staff have been treated. We have spent 30 years of been proud of what we achieved on the park . Now the board and ceo have turned us in to a laughing stock.in less than 30 days 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

It’s been a blast but I think we’re done for as ICT - just got to look forward to the rise of Inverness Phoenix and do it all again…

Perhaps there will be a thread/poll after tomorrow looking for name suggestions !