Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

We're almost a week on from a faceless call to arms and a plea to invest in season tickets, new kit and to get behind the club. Since then absolutely nada, nish, zero. 

Eight days until our first friendly and not a word regarding the playing squad, our invisible management team or any other fundamental issues relating to the season ahead.

Quite frankly the most unprofessional bunch of clueless chancers that have ever graced a boardroom or dugout. An utter p1sstake which is surely severely undermining any last dregs of goodwill amongst our support.

I'd be interested to hear what the Supporter's Trust have to say on this ongoing debacle.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 5

7 minutes ago, ymip said:

We're almost a week on from a faceless call to arms and a plea to invest in season tickets, new kit and to get behind the club. Since then absolutely nada, nish, zero. 

Eight days until our first friendly and not a word regarding the playing squad, our invisible management team or any other fundamental issues relating to the season ahead.

Quite frankly the most unprofessional bunch of clueless chancers that have ever graced a boardroom or dugout. An utter p1sstake which is surely severely undermining any last dregs of goodwill amongst our support.

I'd be interested to hear what the Supporter's Trust have to say on this ongoing debacle.

Agreed. We are in limbo, nobody is properly in charge at the moment, hence everything is a shambles. I’m pleasantly surprised someone has managed to arrange some pre-season friendlies. We desperately need the proposed refinancing to conclude and a new regime to take control.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, ymip said:

Eight days until our first friendly

What friendlies? I do find it hard to keep up with all the info ICT provide us? 😬

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

That’s pretty normal these days, isn’t it? Quicker than putting it in the post.

That’s not the point. He should have been seen and had the situation explained to him about why a new contract was not being offered, and advised that his P45 would follow by e-mail.

Thats only common decency. Treat others how you’d want to be treated yourself. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 3

31 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s not the point. He should have been seen and had the situation explained to him about why a new contract was not being offered, and advised that his P45 would follow by e-mail.

Thats only common decency. Treat others how you’d want to be treated yourself. 

Yes I know and agree, out of contract players should have been spoken to by the manager at the end of the season, before their contracts expired. But as soon as his contract expired he knew that he was an ex-employee. The club has a legal obligation to issue a P45 after the employee has left and received their final pay, so it just seemed strange to criticise the club for doing an admin task correctly when he should have criticised them directly for what they did abysmally in the first place!

Edited by Yngwie
  • Disagree 3

14 years with the Club, badly injured playing for the Club, given false promises on operations to repair a serious injury, also due a Testimonial Match I think. Absolutely loyal and dignified human being.

Contrast that with Ross Morrison. A very wealthy man. Just before Xmas 2023 he agrees a standard security with the Board over ICT FC assets etc. Then goes on a tirade against Highland Council because the battery farm was the route to pay off debts - clearly he had a BIG interest in this!!! Oversaw some last minute disasters. FORCED to resign by fans. No final dignity. 

P45s now sent by electronic means but nearly always after a letter of thanks, collections, and farewell drinks or party.

Not a good image for a Club which clearly cannot see how damaged the ICT brand is.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 6

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Yes I know and agree, out of contract players should have been spoken to by the manager at the end of the season, before their contracts expired. But as soon as his contract expired he knew that he was an ex-employee. The club has a legal obligation to issue a P45 after the employee has left and received their final pay, so it just seemed strange to criticise the club for doing an admin task correctly when he should have criticised them directly for what they did abysmally in the first place!

Since you're 'adding perspective' on a comment you clearly haven't seen or read I thought this might help.

GQi8pNWXsAAHjrN.thumb.jpeg.a1df9f582636daf087cad5385d943773.jpeg

• Thank You 4
  • Well Said 1
  • angry 1

A good statement from Aaron and at least he can look one the positive side. He has been a great servant for the club and good luck to him and his family whatever he does in the future. 

• Agree 8

13 hours ago, ymip said:

Exactly.  A complete reset is needed.  None of the board has had the spine to come out and say what's happening. Even if it's only "We are determined to keep Inverness Caledonian Thistle going as a viable and competitive club. Discussions with investors are continuing. We would like to re-sign as many players as possible. The manager is still in place and is using his contacts to search for other players. Mr Gardiner's end-date will be the xxth of xxxx.  Legal considerations prevent us from saying more at this time, but we will update you regularly as we move into the new season.".

There's no way that a CEO - especially an outgoing one - can tell the board of directors to keep quiet.  The buck stops with them.  Their jolly is over and they should all go.

Reboot as a community-focused local club.  Don't over-reach.  Learn from and never forget the lessons of the last nine years.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

Just now, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Next statement primed for Monday 

The Board of Directors at ICT would like to thank the fans for their continued incredible patience at this difficult time.

Just as a reminder, the LOYALTY period and EARLY BIRD date for discounted season tickets is 2nd July 2024. 

The Club has arranged three friendlies before the start of the Cup matches and is optimistic that we will have enough players soon.

Contrary to some comments in the social media Board training does not start today.  

• Funny 1

That statement from Aaron is a shameful indictment of a club which has completely lost the plot.  No humanity, no empathy and no respect for a guy who has been an exemplary professional through some extremely tough times.  I am personally ashamed to be associated with a club which would treat a club legend in this manner and would call for a full apology to be issued by the club and confirmation that our CEO's notice period ends today. Utterly disgraceful behaviour.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Exactly.  A complete reset is needed.  None of the board has had the spine to come out and say what's happening. Even if it's only "We are determined to keep Inverness Caledonian Thistle going as a viable and competitive club. Discussions with investors are continuing. We would like to re-sign as many players as possible. The manager is still in place and is using his contacts to search for other players. Mr Gardiner's end-date will be the xxth of xxxx.  Legal considerations prevent us from saying more at this time, but we will update you regularly as we move into the new season.".

There's no way that a CEO - especially an outgoing one - can tell the board of directors to keep quiet.  The buck stops with them.  Their jolly is over and they should all go.

Reboot as a community-focused local club.  Don't over-reach.  Learn from and never forget the lessons of the last nine years.

I broadly agree with that, but I'm not sure that all the Board should go.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but we do know that the Board directors, in line with standard practice, have collective responsibility and accountability.  Decisions made are binding on all directors and those directors are required to publicly support and act according to those decisions, whether they agree with them or not.  

Of course, if a director feels strongly enough about a particular decision or the general behaviour of the Board, they can always resign.  But that is sometimes the easy option because it allows the rest to carry on as before without the alternative arguments being considered.  I would like to think that there was at least one or two directors who are as appalled as we are about what is happening and who are biting their tongues and working hard with potential investors for the longer term good of the club.

This is also an important point to bear in mind for the future, if and when we get an elected supporter representative on the Board.  They too will be subject to the same collective accountability.  Some have argued in the past that a supporter representative will always be outvoted, so what's the point?  The answer to that is firstly that they will not always be outvoted.  Sometimes they will be able to persuade the Board to take actions they would not otherwise have done, sometimes, they will get modifications to plans.  Sometimes they won't be able to change the majority view, but always they will be able to provide a supporters' perspective on the issue under discussion.

So, in summary, I'm not sure all the Board need to go - just most of them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 1

14 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I broadly agree with that, but I'm not sure that all the Board should go.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but we do know that the Board directors, in line with standard practice, have collective responsibility and accountability.  Decisions made are binding on all directors and those directors are required to publicly support and act according to those decisions, whether they agree with them or not.  

Of course, if a director feels strongly enough about a particular decision or the general behaviour of the Board, they can always resign.  But that is sometimes the easy option because it allows the rest to carry on as before without the alternative arguments being considered.  I would like to think that there was at least one or two directors who are as appalled as we are about what is happening and who are biting their tongues and working hard with potential investors for the longer term good of the club.

This is also an important point to bear in mind for the future, if and when we get an elected supporter representative on the Board.  They too will be subject to the same collective accountability.  Some have argued in the past that a supporter representative will always be outvoted, so what's the point?  The answer to that is firstly that they will not always be outvoted.  Sometimes they will be able to persuade the Board to take actions they would not otherwise have done, sometimes, they will get modifications to plans.  Sometimes they won't be able to change the majority view, but always they will be able to provide a supporters' perspective on the issue under discussion.

So, in summary, I'm not sure all the Board need to go - just most of them. 

If you don’t think all are collectively culpable…..Put names to it. Who do you think has done a good job and who hasn’t????? You say some should stay…… Who? Morrison at least put his hand in his pocket to keep the club afloat……… who else has done anything of any value at Director level???

• Like 2

Is this simply a Putinesque dictatorship? How can we ever, ever trust any of these Board members again ? If there is any loyalty or devotion to the club how could you sit there and keep your gob shut ? When you are aware of the concerns of the fan base, why would you remain silent? I really dread to think what is still to come out of this !!

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

23 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Is this simply a Putinesque dictatorship? How can we ever, ever trust any of these Board members again ? If there is any loyalty or devotion to the club how could you sit there and keep your gob shut ? When you are aware of the concerns of the fan base, why would you remain silent? I really dread to think what is still to come out of this !!

image.gif.31739f7a91817ab2779a44ebb3e7c0b3.gif

30 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

If you don’t think all are collectively culpable…..Put names to it. Who do you think has done a good job and who hasn’t????? You say some should stay…… Who? Morrison at least put his hand in his pocket to keep the club afloat……… who else has done anything of any value at Director level???

I will give you a name .... Scott Young

He is relatively new to the board and from what I have seen and heard he is more open to fan engagement and enthusiastic about working to right things. He has turned up to the supporters' meetings and generally been positive and as open as allowed to be in terms of interactions or dissemination of information. I have never met him, don't know him, and that's just my impression. Could he have done more recently? perhaps, but as stated above, there are and will be constraints on what can be said publicly or even divulging what's going on behind the scenes.   

I didn't actually want Ross M to go. He was a fan long before chairman, so IMHO always tried to have the club at heart (hence the money he pumped in). However, he had to go. His biggest mistake - in my opinion - was loyalty for too long to one man and the ceding of day-to-day power to that man.

As for the remainder of the board who have condoned the situation we find ourselves in either actively or passively with their silence, and then compounded things with the treatment of Aaron Doran (and others presumably), then root and branch they have to go if the club is to salvage any reputation. A full rebuild with new blood and no bad blood behind the scenes is required. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 3

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but we do know that the Board directors, in line with standard practice, have collective responsibility and accountability.  Decisions made are binding on all directors and those directors are required to publicly support and act according to those decisions, whether they agree with them or not. 

Fair enough, but I don't think that that stops them any of them providing a summary - within legal and commercial constraints - of what is actually going on?

If they have collectively decided on omertà, then maybe someone should start dragging the shore off the Longman, to find out if anyone is sleeping with the fishes. :wink:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

"If you don’t think all are collectively culpable….."    I didn't say I don't think all are collectively culpable!   What I said was "but we do know that the Board directors, in line with standard practice, have collective responsibility and accountability".

"Put names to it. Who do you think has done a good job and who hasn’t?????"   How am I supposed to do that?  As I said, "We don't know what is going on behind the scenes."

"You say some should stay…… Who?"   I didn't say anything of the sort!  I said  "I'm not sure all the Board need to go - just most of them."  Most of them should go because collectively they have got us into this mess.  But as we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, how can we know whether or not any individual directors should stay or go?

"Morrison at least put his hand in his pocket to keep the club afloat".   It is strange you pick out Morrison as someone for some level of credit.  As Chairman, he is the most culpable of the lot.  He is the one who has been the public face of all the things that have got us in this mess.  He was the one who was "delighted" to announce the Kelty nonsense.  If he disagreed with any of the decisions which led us to this crisis, he could have resigned the Chair whilst remaining on the Board. He was also the one who had the power to direct the CEO to a different course of action when appropriate.  Clearly he failed to do so.  It is true he put his hand in his pocket and I am sure his heart was in the right place, but in truth, his position as Chair had been untenable since the concert debacle and his role as director of the liquidated concert company.

"who else has done anything of any value at Director level???"    Munro and Cameron have also put significant sums of money into the club.  Others may have done so too in line with what their personal circumstances allow, but this is information which will be confidential.  As Scotty has mentioned, Scott Young has been liaising with the Supporters Trust and he did have the guts to be out talking to supporters both before and after the Hamilton game.  As I say, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I am hopeful that he will be a key person in the transition from old Board to new.  Let's give the guy a chance before chucking him out along with those whose sell by dates are long gone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

Morrison put money in but has a charge in place that shows he wants it all back out again.

There's nothing wrong with that but it does indicate that his 'investment' was never philanthropic and he doesn't merit being viewed as such.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I will give you a name .... Scott Young

He is relatively new to the board and from what I have seen and heard he is more open to fan engagement and enthusiastic about working to right things. He has turned up to the supporters' meetings and generally been positive and as open as allowed to be in terms of interactions or dissemination of information. I have never met him, don't know him, and that's just my impression. Could he have done more recently? perhaps, but as stated above, there are and will be constraints on what can be said publicly or even divulging what's going on behind the scenes.   

I didn't actually want Ross M to go. He was a fan long before chairman, so IMHO always tried to have the club at heart (hence the money he pumped in). However, he had to go. His biggest mistake - in my opinion - was loyalty for too long to one man and the ceding of day-to-day power to that man.

As for the remainder of the board who have condoned the situation we find ourselves in either actively or passively with their silence, and then compounded things with the treatment of Aaron Doran (and others presumably), then root and branch they have to go if the club is to salvage any reputation. A full rebuild with new blood and no bad blood behind the scenes is required. 

Scot Young also voted for Kelly and has not put any money into the Club like some other directors. He is doing the SLO job, which he surely must know is not something a person in his position should be doing. Other than that…….he,s great! It’s been mentioned that he is reporting to the CEO and the rest of the board who the dissenting voices are from the supporters trust!!!