FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Getting ID'd!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but the Co-op are really starting to do my bl**dy head in now!

Whatever happened to a bit of common sense.? I've been ID'd twice

in the Co-op on Church Street now.  I'm pretty sure, despite my

youthful looks (ahem! :004:), I don't look friggin 17, still no joy!

Then on Saturday both Mr PB (34) and myself (30) both got ID'd again

in the one in Fortrose!

I realise that they have a job to do and the fines are quite rightly high,

but surely to God they can spot a 34 year old from a 17 year old!

The laugh was, our wee pal Leona (20), offered to buy it for us, showed

her ID, then they let me pay on my card!  So I can't buy it myself, but I can

pay when someone else does!

Get a grip Co-op!

:008: :008: :008: :008:

New legislation, the increased policing of underage people buying drink and the upturn in the number of places being fined has left shops and supermarkets in a state of paranoia so it doesn't suprise me to see places going a bit silly on the whole ID thing.

Accepting your card as payment is a bit baffling though and it sounds like the checkout operator had a change of heart but wasn't willing to back down (totally) on their original decision to challenge you for ID.

Another point to note is that they are suppose to ask for ID from anyone they believe is under the age of 21, even though they can sell drink to anyone 18 or over.  Having a credit card (which you need to be 18 to get) is not sufficient proof of age.  :017:

I'm terrible at guessing people's ages so I can sympathise a little with those having to ask for ID - I mean, who would guess that ccc was really 40!!!  :015:

I often get asked for id going to g's..... been asked in tescos afew times dont think i willg et asked again showed my passport last time in tescos poor manager bloke looked like he was gonna have a heartg attack my passport pic scared him.But it is a rather scarey pic tho.