FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Which Midfielder should we let go [merged]

CaleyJags07

To bring in Darren Kelly we must get rid of a midfielder according to Grazza. Who should we let go?  

172 members have voted

1. 1.

• McBain
    • Wilson
    • Black
    • Hart
    • Morgan
    • Duncan
    • Cowie
    • Sutherland
    • Patteliannen
    • Wood
    • Rankin
    • Vigurs

Says in today's P&J

"Christie is satisfied with the additions he has made to his squad, but may yet realease a couple of players in midfield, where Caley Thistle have an abundance of talent. "There is the possibility before the end of the window someone might go," said Christie. "I would equate that to Liam Fox this time last year. He looked at the bigger picture and realised he was not going to figure too much and he wanted to step on and did so at Livingston. I have not specified anybody, I hasten to add, but I think one of the midfielders, if not more, may feel he is not going to get the fullest opportunity".

I'm wondering who it may be  :024: :024: :024: Perhaps Alan Morgan but he has recently just signed a 6 month contract so i dunno....

It was pretty inevitable that we were going to see this happen.

McBain may be one - as a result of Rankin and Paatelainen coming in we are pretty heavy on the left side of the park and, IMO, although McBain is fairly consistent he offers nothing extra in his game.

Even though Morgan has singed a 6 month extension he may still be in the same boat - if we are releasing players then it's unlikely we'd be holding them to contracts or looking for cash for them.

Duncan, I doubt we'll see as one of them.  I know we have fans who don't rate him but he is a solid player and often instrumental in breaking down the oppositions attacks in the middle of the park.  He's the Bobby Mann of the midfield IMO, nothing fancy but reads the game well and his passing is usually pretty good.

Although I rate Hart as a strong attacking midfielder and one who may come in to play a fair bit at the start of the season with our striker problems I have a gut feeling that he may also be "on the list" - he just doesn't seem settled with us at the moment, can't put my finger on it but I sense their may be issues there.

I dnt think it will be hart or Duncan i'm going for Morgan myself as he just hasn't got the talent to stay in the spl and why keep him wasting money on wages.  Hart did really well at the end of last season and although he has had a few problems recently he still has a lot to give

You can't help but feel it will be Morgan given that CC seldom picks the lad.

People talk about McBain but I can't see what extra Marcus brings to the team that McBain doesn't if you try to compare like for like which I am not even sure you can. McBain is a much better central midfielder I feel while Marcus is perhaps more of a wide player by comparison.

I think the ppl that knock McBain and Duncan obviously are only intrested in flair players. Both of the aforementioned do a solid, no frills job very well for ICT and would be difficult to find that type of player should either leave.

I have a different view ....... I dont think Charlie is looking to get rid of any of them !!!! He is merely making a comment that tells them they need to be performing every week as he has plenty people to replace them if they are not.

If any were to be 'moved on' for any reason then some combination of Morgan, McBain, Hart or Vigurs seem the most likely - for different reasons.

Black - potentially our best midfielder. not going to get rid unless we get a huge offer

Cowie - just signed him so not going anywhere

Duncan - under-rated defensive midfielder. cant see him going anywhere

Hart - cant see him going unless there is a problem when the police finally report on the rockness incident

McBain - another sometimes under-rated player but could be down the pecking order on the left similar to Golly's situation.

Morgan - 6 months to prove himself. if anyone, the comment might have been aimed here.

Paatelainen - new signing, cant see him going anywhere.

Rankin - along with Black, one of our playmakers. not going anywhere.

Sutherland - exciting youngster. not going anywhere, even on loan.

Vigurs - just promoted from youths, if he goes anywhere it will only be a loan

Wilson - too old to go anywhere (sorry Barry). getting testimonial a year early and making subtle hints that he may retire.

What Scotty said.

I could see Roy moving on at some point a la Golly, except Roy's not old/bad enough to play for C(o)unty yet.

Morgan - a 6 month contract is the next best thing to a free transfer and I don't think ICT would be hard to deal with if a club showed interest. Even that's unlikely as nobody's seen him play, and even div 1 clubs are not going to be throwing offers at him following his mediocre stint OTB.

As for Russeldinho, it's a joke to mention him. I'm sure he's central to Charlie's plans. I'm also sure he was badly missed against County last week and I expect him to start against Rangers.

I think the ppl that knock McBain and Duncan obviously are only intrested in flair players. Both of the aforementioned do a solid, no frills job very well for ICT and would be difficult to find that type of player should either leave.

Here Here

If anyone was to leave my money would be on Morgan & Hart.

Morgan cos he's been given loads of time and just hasn't cut it and Hart cos he's in his last year of his contract and I don't think it will be renewed/extended

Personally McBain would be the the first to get the heave ho if I had the choice but he seems to be one of CC favourites  :029:

After the result today, I can't see it being Duncan or Hart.

Duncan can provide protection to our very shaky defence, and Hart created

when he came on today.  Recent events have given him a real chance to

rise above it, show some maturity and get stuck into his game.

My money would be on Morgan or Paatelainen

My interpretation of CC's comments are that one, or maybe two, player(s) are not too happy with their first team involvement and may have requested permission to look elsewhere. CC does not want to let anyone go because he needs cover for the additional reserve games that will be played but if a player is unhappy, and can find a first team position elsewhere, he will be released from his contract. CC said in the press that he likened the situation to that of Fox. Liam wanted consistant first team selection but it wasn't happening so he asked for a move.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TinCanFan

Why is there forward players on the list? and I thought this guy was a defender.   My choice would also probably sadly be Roy McBain or Alan Morgan but Wilson may retire at the end of this season so ICT may not need to loose one for the time-being.

Says in today's P&J

"Christie is satisfied with the additions he has made to his squad, but may yet realease a couple of players in midfield, where Caley Thistle have an abundance of talent.

An abundance of talent...??  :024:

We have 10 midfield players at the club, 11 if you include Barry. If CC is keeping so many just to "cover reserve games" he must be the first manager to enjoy such a luxury. Reserve games are for giving young players experience, providing match fitness for those recovering from injury and games for those not getting regular first team matches. I honestly don't think CC would sign "Reserves". Personally I feel he is way overloaded in this area but thankfully, I don't have to make these decisions.

Russell Duncan is probably the most under rated player in our squad. I would be very disappointed indeed to see him released.

completely agree

My choice would be McBain

i still rate roy as a good player and useful squad player in our team but for me he doesnt offer as much as attacking option as a midfielder should, undoubted great skill on the ball but doest seem to have that attacking side to his game that we need

We have 10 midfield players at the club, 11 if you include Barry. If CC is keeping so many just to "cover reserve games" he must be the first manager to enjoy such a luxury. Reserve games are for giving young players experience, providing match fitness for those recovering from injury and games for those not getting regular first team matches. I honestly don't think CC would sign "Reserves". Personally I feel he is way overloaded in this area but thankfully, I don't have to make these decisions.

According to the listing on the official ICT site we have 12 midfielders and they are all named in the poll. I have no intention of distinguishing between attacking and defending mids. I just list them as they come.

Roy for me. Doesn't do anything in 90 mins to merit a regular slot in the first eleven. Everyone goes on about how "solid" he is: What does that mean?? To me it means he poses no attacking threat whatsoever and is predictable. If we wanted a solid player as a left winger we could play a defender there surely??

You'd think by now he's had plenty of time to learn how to use his right foot as well  :024:

Not in a good mood this morning, so Roy's getting the brunt of it.