FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Serious question

latviaman

With all you people who know and love ICT, how much would it cost(ball park figure)to take over the Directors interest.

As you know I live away, but am pissed off the way the club is going, and have many connections over here, and my wife loves Inverness, so perhaps might dig into the sweetie jar, and it is a big jar.

Serious

You'd have to approach the ultimate owners of the club, Tullochs, to see how much they'd be willing to sell for.

Couple of million quid might buy you the football club, but not the stadium (owned by a separate entity altogether, and rented by the club).

This is a complete non starter but to answer Latviaman's question, literally it would actually not take all that much to take over the directors' interest. I believe that, apart from Sandy Catto, none of the directors' is a particularly significant shareholder in the club... certainly not in comparison with Tullochs/ David Sutherland and David is not currently a director. I have a feeling that the Tullochs/ Sutherland holding is around 42% so they are not, as Yngwie suggested, actually the "owners" of the club, nor even the majority shareholders - just the "biggest" shareholders. Tullochs also have control of the Board until the 5 year agreement expires next month. Remember also that the Supporters' Trust have a holding of around 12% and this makes them one of the bigger players.

Caley Thistle have always been a club where the directors have been there because it has been believed they were good for the club, not because of their financial input, although as it happens David Sutherland provided both finance and expertise.

I don't know what the club's entire equity amounts to and it's complicated because the Supporters' Trust figure (which reflects the input of the original merger partners) is one which is fixed by the Articles of Association. However I could guess that the total amount paid for the purchase of equity since shares began to be sold in 1996 is a small number of millions.

In terms of launching a takeover bid for Caley Thistle - forget it - it's a non starter. To have real control (change of Articles of Association) you would need 75% of the equity. I can't imagine the people concerned selling and the only other way to achieve that would be to snap up all of a further share issue (which the current shareholders would have to agree to) and that, I'd guess, would cost  something above ?5 million, perhaps knocking on ?10 million.

And, as Yngwie says, you would not even get the Stadium for that since it's owned, along with ?2M of debt,  by the ICT Trust, with whom I suspect the backers of a hostile takeover would find it rather difficult to achieve a working relationship.

I'm generally happy with the manner in which the club is being run - but for someone to suddenly appear on the horizon with "a big sweetie jar" ... I certainly don't think we should tell him to feck off.....

I'm also not sure about IHE as Number 2 - I'd prefer to see him installed as resident psychoanalysist...

Plus I'd love to see Footballers Wife back on the sub's bench - someone who could be relied on to come on and always give 100% - terrific engine in her....  :014:

:023:

With all you people who know and love ICT, how much would it cost(ball park figure)to take over the Directors interest.

As you know I live away, but am pissed off the way the club is going, and have many connections over here, and my wife loves Inverness, so perhaps might dig into the sweetie jar, and it is a big jar.

Serious

:clapping03:

Bit early to be on the Rigas Balsam though isn't it Latviaman...? :004:

I am reliably informed (to use a Johndoism) that there is in fact a large quantity of shares still available for sale which means that someone could in principle acquire a sizeable stake. However it would still take a great deal of money to acquire 50% and three times that to acquire the 75% needed for complete control.

Think I am also right in saying that even the sale of the shares which are still available still has to be approved by the Board.  In short, if someone came in looking to buy a sizable chunk then the powers that be could easily block it.  The only people who cannot be refused the right to purchase are existing shareholders.

Has Sutherland/Tulloch not transferred the holding to some new "Sports Trust" he/they invented some months back. Originally, he agreed to transfer the holding to the ICT Supporters Trust when the 5 year agreement ended but he changed his mind on that one.  :023: