FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Feelings on Brewsters Return

CaleyD

How do you feel about the possibility of Brewsters Return as ICT Manager?  

560 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Delighted - Sign him now
    • 4 - Sitting on the fence right now
    • 7 - Wake Me Up When the Nightmare is Over

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feelings...?

A mixture of nausia and utter despondency...

:008: :009: :019:

Feckin shame...i was going to get you a pint tomorrow....

Still no away top. No centre back. No attempt at getting in a decent manager.

My feelings: disillusioned

Err.. is Watt not a centre back

Still no away top. No centre back. No attempt at getting in a decent manager.

My feelings: disillusioned

Err.. is Watt not a centre back

My bad, forgot about Watt (although imho we're still short of decent cover for the back).

I am tempted to return my season ticket and request a refund.  I bought it in good faith that the club senior management would always consider the best way forward for the club and the fans.  Appointing a management never-has-been like Brewster is NOT a step forward.  Frankly, I'd rather go support County every week.

Judging from the replies above there must be close on 80% of the forum totally against having him back.

Centre back..............we are still in discussion with the Derry lad.

There's too much nagativity at the minute. Time to take stock of what we have and get behind the team. Talk of boycotts and chucking season tickets will help nobody. Bit like chucking the dummy. None of us know how things will turn out and I would like to think that the board of this club are doing the best they can, given the resources.

There's no way I'll give the team any less backing as a result of this appointment - there are too many players in that squad that have given heart and soul for us over the years. I also hope that when Brewster does make his second debut in the dugout, he isn't booed. Indifference, fine, but booing may unsettle the players and wouldn't do us any favours in the eyes of outsiders.

Having said that, I'm embarrassed and disappointed that the board hasn't had the courtesy to at least offer Neil Warnock an interview. It's unlikely we'll ever get a manager of that stature expressing interest in the club again (unless it's someone like Craig Brown whose stock has fallen far, far further than Neil Warnock's has). It's enough to make you want to write to the guy, point out the support he had among the ICT fans and apologise for our board's failings.

As for Brewster, I think he can keep us up (which must now be our priority), but it'll probably be in 11th, and 11th the season after that, ad infinitum. Hopefully he's learned from his time at Aberdeen. I don't have any real issue with the manner of his leaving but I never liked the football we played under him. I'm prepared to give him the benefit to some extent. However, I really hope he doesn't start picking himself again - we have 5 strikers (6 including Wood) and the best thing Brewster could do for them is to use his knowledge and experience as a striker to coach the best from them.  

I don't really want to see him back but as the deal has obviously been done we should give him a short-term contract and if he doesn't win the league (a champions league place next season obviously) and one of the cups (pointless setting him an unachievable target) we sack him  :023:

:024:   :029:   :33:   :sillywave:   

PS - I suspect him and his pals have been on here and skewed the vote  :001:

Brewster?  Manager????

If your a Brewster fan great!

If he's not your favorite choice can you please refrain from the bitchy comments during a match If things aren't going well.

Its counterproductive for the team.

ICT have set a lot of new records over the seasons,we might even see our first manager sacked !

At the end of the day we are all ICT fans and its up to us to look at the bigger picture and get behind the team week in week out. Win loose or draw.

ALSO no talk of boycots!!

every single fan IS important to the club, the board must realise that and it is you collectively who will make this club great.

I would say that Brew was the best option, Lets face it, In reality Warnock was going to be way out of price and too much of a gamble, what does he know of ICT and Scottish football? he had to look at the map to see where we are.

Coyle again was going to cost and is also unproven at the top level, Robbo was also not a serious choice, Parkie was more thought of during their spell here.

Lennon/Elvis was too much of a risk... not when we are bottom, mind Lambert at Livvy?

Brew it has to be said was not my choice, but i'll support him and more importantly the team.

Guest birdog

If he's not your favorite choice can you please refrain from the bitchy comments during a match If things aren't going well.

Its counterproductive for the team.

I have sat and thought about this for days, Brewster fecked off and left us in the lurch. This in itself is forgivable given the job he did for us before however my forgiving draws the line at welcoming him back as manager. He went to DUFC and was found out, he is a sh1t manager absolute sh1t, he had resources (the grocer threw money at him) and made sh1t signings, he had absolute authority to clear out the crap at Tannadice and failed to get a team together who even looked like they could challenge for the top 6 in the HFL let alone the SPL.

Now you expect ME to refrain from bitchy comments when things are not going well sorry but I payed for my season ticket and I am going to use todays match as probably the last one this season I will actually enjoy for footballing reasons. The rest of the matches I will take my enjoyment from giving Brewster heaps of abuse, not the team as I love the ICT team, Brewster will be the first of our players (I cannot bring myself to think of him as a manager) I have ever turned on and I hope to **** he is the last but I will not be giving Brewster any support ever regardless, even if he wins us the treble.

EDIT:- the couterproductive element in this situation is the board appointing a manager who will cause unrest amongst the fanbase.

Guest birdog

Birdog, you won't support Brewster even if he wins us the treble?  I can't follow your logic there.

In the extremely unlikely event that Brewster had even a minute percentage of the acumen to win us the treble then the mercenary **** would just use the situation to feck of to a "bigger" club and nick any decent players we have.