FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Feelings on Brewsters Return

CaleyD

How do you feel about the possibility of Brewsters Return as ICT Manager?  

560 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Delighted - Sign him now
    • 4 - Sitting on the fence right now
    • 7 - Wake Me Up When the Nightmare is Over

Seems to be a wide ranging view on just how good or bad it would be for us to sign Brewster as Manager.

As Polls seem to be the in thing right now, I thought one allowing people to post where about on the scale of 1-7 they sit would be interesting and informative.

Voting at level 1 is showing you think he is the best option and their is nobody else you would rather have

Voting at 7 is showing you think their are no other worse options out there.

I've left it open for people to change their minds as they read and digest other people's arguments and opinions - please try and keep them constructive  :029:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where it sits on the scale, but I have a feeling of Impending Doom

Like waking up with a deadly hangover and the nagging feeling you've done something the night before you shouldn't have, can't for the life of you remember what it is, but you just know something bad is going to happen as a result!

I feel that strongly about him coming back that am seriously considiering not returning to TCS under his reign if he gets the job. Dont think I can make it any clearer than that.

I cant get past the BS of him saying he was going nowhere during his last stint and there was no loyalty in football anymore, then within about a month he walks away leaving US in the ****.

7 going on 700

If this is what the board would consider "the best manager for the job" then quite frankly we don't have a football club and instead we have a circus that would rather employ friends over better established candidates (Warnock) who can take the club forward and do a much better job than Brewster ever can.

Craig Brewster  :spam01:  :finger03:

He was a good player for us, but was he a good manager? Idon't think so. He was always reluctant to use substitutes until the final few minutes, which did not give them time on the park to change the game. In his favour was the fitness regime, and i am sure the players benefited from that, especially Barry. He was fully tested as a manager at united and failed miserably. Joining us again he must hit the ground running, and get 3 points from his boyhood heroes. I will still be supporting ICT whoever is the manager, unless of course it was to be Malpas. :018:

At the Motherwell game I actually didn't mind so much that we lost, because we played interesting passing football and I thought that if that continued we would have no worries about the rest of the season. No to hoofball!!!!!

His last stint was backed up by his playing career, which he could build the team around, and which got him out of jail on more than a few occassions.

His appointment first time round showed real ambition - this time it's a definite backward step.

Expectations are rightly high - we deserve better!

To play devils advocate, when he left the club, he did make sure "ICT did alright out of it".

Which is one redeeming feature I suppose!

The club are right in saying that Brewster made sure that we got the best possible compensation deal when he left, however, at the time they seemed happy for the fans to consider him as a Judas.  Maybe Happy isn't the right word, but I can't recall seeing any press release informing us that he made sure our pockets were well lined and that he didn't have to do what he did and that had ET not coughed up the cashed he would have stayed.

All of the above is true, but right now, at a time where the club are giving the impression that Brewster is favourite for the job, it looks like nothing but spin and an attempt to get some positive PR on his appointment.

In short, if the club are annoyed (and we know they are) at the fans negative feelings towards Brewsters departure at this moment in time, they have nobody to blame for that but themselves.  A lesson in the importance of communication with the fans.

In short, if the club are annoyed (and we know they are) at the fans negative feelings towards Brewsters departure at this moment in time, they have nobody to blame for that but themselves.  A lesson in the importance of communication with the fans.

And to be honest that is one of the reasons why I am finding my "passion" for ICT slowly diminishing. Some people seem to think we are very fickle indeed.

This is a real opportunity for the club to continue the tradition of showing ambition. Whether or not they appoint my choice, Warnock, someone with fresh ideas is what's needed.

Apponting Brewster is a backward step, the 'cheap' option it seems. And it also smells of the Old Boys Network kicking in.

Remember how Brewster seemed to be adverse to flair? Juanjo certainly remembers I'm sure. Looks like we can look forward(or backwards) to a team of grafters, playing hoofball every game.

Not exactly a prospect that fills me with excitement.

I am not concerned about the fact that Brewster left with a view to " bettering " himself. Both Steve Paterson and John Robertson left for the same reason and I woul be reasonably pleased to see Robbo return and delighted to see Pele back in charge.

The only reason that I have serious concerns about Brewster his his managerial record and ability. While it's true to say that he did reasonably well in his sint at the Caledonian Stadium his style of football was one dimensional and would not serve us well now. He never appeared to have a convincing plan B and he had the distinct advantage of being able to field the most talented and effective forward at the club namely himself.

In my opinion his true ability as a manager, or rather the lack of it, was cruelly exposed during his time at Tannadice. To be fair to Eddy Thomson if he hadn't sacked Brewster when he did Dundee United would have been relegated and I genuinely fear that if ICT appoint him now we will all be watching first division football next season.

I would srtress again that my opinion has nothing to do with the manner of his leaving, who wouldn't want to manage the team they supported from the terraces as a boy ? but everything to do with the fact that out of all our former managers his record since leaving has been far and away the worst.

I hope that the board are not considering appoiting him simply because he represents he cheapest and most easily available option. ?150,000  to St Johnstone might seem quite a bargain as he cost of securing SPL football and its relative riches next season.

Guest Clare Crook

Is there an 8? - "I'd rather dip my underwear in vinegar!"

I think maybe a 10 would be more appropriate......... we can't go for the cheap option, Craig did a good job but left us......... time to move forward

Guest Arab4Ever

When quizzed specifically on Brewster, Bennett continued: "His departure was never fully understood, the fans directed their anger at him and I thought that was unfair".

Is this a joke?

We all know why he left, he said so in the press and to a number of fans :029:

11 - I would rather be caught up in a terrorist bombing campaign than have Brewster as a manager  :023:

I reckon your poll should have a few more options CD!  :001:

I feel that Brewster was nothing special at all.  Ok, so he's credited with getting the players fit be it totally down to him, or a fitness coach... big deal?...

If he makes a return can we look forward to him alienating our new foreign player as he did to Juanjo? Can we look forward to the regular-as-clockwork punt up the field tactics?  Can we look forward to never seeing a substitution ever again... at least not until 85mins or so?  Can we look forward to his absolute drivel after matches?...

"Disappointing in the second half, I felt we started well especially in the defence, getting the ball up as much as possible.  Credit to <Enter SPL team here> though, they showed more drive throughout the game."

The Highland News have the fans at the meeting - especially Les, apparently - positively drooling at the thought of old Grey 'ead back in the dugout, but I've only spoken to one fan (who fancies him) who'd be glad to see him back, rather than the back of him.

So what happened last night? Did they load the meeting with Brewfans?

What a load of *****. With a tactically inept manager who, by the sound of it, practically killed himself in the effort to get his first goal in two years last week, our derby match will be back to County again within a season. Aye, the players will be fit enough to run rings around their team mates - at their new clubs, after we get relegated. Aaaaargh.

So, no, on balance I'd rather not have him back  :014: