FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fans buy out

Guest King Caley

Guest King Caley

Over the last few days, many ICT fans, that is to say a sizable majority have voiced concern over the activities of the ICT board in relation to running the club. Although I believe all of the board members are fans of the club, I some how get the feeling that some of them place nepotism before the future intrests of the team and their progress. I am therefore interested in gauging opinion as to how supporters who use this site and beyond would feel about the possibility of the fans buying out a large share in the club, so as to get an increased say in the running of the team. Although such a suggestion may seem ludicrous financially, it may be possible to raise funds through various methods.

The fans already have a 12% stake in the shape of the Supporters' Trust. It would require of the order of millions to add a large stake to that, or at least rather more than could be raised through car boot sales or whatever.

So are we to understand that some fans, in addition to those who appear to be convinced that they can run the team better than the manager, also believe that they can run the business side better than the Board?

PS - could you perhaps give us some insight into the basis of your conclusion that a "sizeable majority have voiced concern"?

Guest King Caley

Yes I think so, there are many fans out there who have probably got a very good business acumen and could successfully run the club. I am talking about a 'little bit' more than 12%. I am talking about striking up lucrative partnerships up with serious investors to increase the clubs financial status.

Guest King Caley

If you look at the on line survey on this site you see that 87% preferred Warnock over Brewster then the club go and appoint Brewster.

Guest King Caley

In the big business world Tullochs, with all due respect is a small company that operates on a local bases. I am talking about huge companies or individuals with very big money to spend.

With all due respect - we are moaning (quite rightly in my opinion) about a board who appear to have ignored the opinions of fans in the appointment of a new manager. With the exception of this 'incident' our experiences with the board have up until now been for the most part positive. David Sutherland did listen to fans, Kenny Cameron initiated the "Boardroom Banter" series of articles when he was on the board and both Ken Thompson and John Sutherland when in powerful positions at the club had the fans interests close to their hearts.

I am talking about huge companies or individuals with very big money to spend.

these companies or individuals would not give a flying **** about the fans or anyone else and I feel it would be very much a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

In the big business world Tullochs, with all due respect is a small company that operates on a local bases. I am talking about huge companies or individuals with very big money to spend.

No thank you very much. I may be unhappy with Brewster's reappointment, and utterly baffled by the actions of the Board, but that doesn't mean I want mad Russians or corrupt ex-politicians running my club.

It is worth mentioning that sometimes clubs do things that many fans are against - jeese look at the whole Glazier man Utd  thing that went on. Personally I think that you cannot pass judgment on the appointment of Brewster so early, the press has reported many things about ICT/Warnock but as yet no one actually knows what went on. Secondly I don't think that the poll on this sight takes in a large enough sample audience to be very scientific. Regardless of that whilst most people I spoke to would prefer warnock it has to be said that there are many reasons why he wouldn't be an ideal signing:

Wages

Likelyhood of getting snapped up by another club very shortly

Would he relocate

Does he know the scottish game

Did he really want the job or just the publicity.

I think most people still have faith in the board, and I think they should be judged by their results. let's see just what happens.

It is worth mentioning that sometimes clubs do things that many fans are against - jeese look at the whole Glazier man Utd  thing that went on.

very true

Personally I think that you cannot pass judgment on the appointment of Brewster so early

I refer to my earlier comments on another thread. my fear is that his ability is not there. he can only be judged on his record and his most recent record is shocking. 3 wins in 30 games at DUFC !

the press has reported many things about ICT/Warnock but as yet no one actually knows what went on.

So why not issue an update? Everything that has trickled to the press so far seems to try and spin the club in a certain direction and comments about Warnock seem to centre around words like "baggage" without actually adding any substance to those comments.

Secondly I don't think that the poll on this sight takes in a large enough sample audience to be very scientific.

We have been at pains to explicitly point that out

Regardless of that whilst most people I spoke to would prefer warnock it has to be said that there are many reasons why he wouldn't be an ideal signing:

Wages

Would he relocate

Everything that has been mentioned as a possible obstacle to his appointment has been virtually swatted away by the man himself. Have the club actually sat down with him or his agent to get definitive answers to these questions? If they have, then why not nip this whole thing in the bud and say so.

I think most people still have faith in the board, and I think they should be judged by their results. let's see just what happens.

I have always judged the board on two levels - the results they produce and their integrity. I have always thought they had both in abundance but right now I am questioning my beliefs on that score.

It is worth mentioning that sometimes clubs do things that many fans are against - jeese look at the whole Glazier man Utd  thing that went on.

very true

Personally I think that you cannot pass judgment on the appointment of Brewster so early

I refer to my earlier comments on another thread. my fear is that his ability is not there. he can only be judged on his record and his most recent record is shocking. 3 wins in 30 games at DUFC !

the press has reported many things about ICT/Warnock but as yet no one actually knows what went on.

So why not issue an update? Everything that has trickled to the press so far seems to try and spin the club in a certain direction and comments about Warnock seem to centre around words like "baggage" without actually adding any substance to those comments.

Secondly I don't think that the poll on this sight takes in a large enough sample audience to be very scientific.

We have been at pains to explicitly point that out

Regardless of that whilst most people I spoke to would prefer warnock it has to be said that there are many reasons why he wouldn't be an ideal signing:

Wages

Would he relocate

Everything that has been mentioned as a possible obstacle to his appointment has been virtually swatted away by the man himself. Have the club actually sat down with him or his agent to get definitive answers to these questions? If they have, then why not nip this whole thing in the bud and say so.

I have always judged the board on two levels - the results they produce and their integrity. I have always thought they had both in abundance but right now I am questioning my beliefs on that score.

On Brewster's  record at DUFC - Couldn't agree more it was shocking, I can only hope he came out with some seriously good reasoning why this will not be a repeated at ICT.

I think the board will have to explain why they chose brewster over other possible candidates, it is only fair - this decision has not gone down well overall and an explanation is definately owed, here's hoping that happens and Brew proves everyone wrong with some good performances.

Guest neksor

This thread is just a load of nonsense!

It needs money and business acumen to run such a club as ICT.

The board are strong enough to deal with such anarchical inept moves to replace them!

Neksor

Over the last few days, many ICT fans, that is to say a sizable majority have voiced concern over the activities of the ICT board in relation to running the club. Although I believe all of the board members are fans of the club, I some how get the feeling that some of them place nepotism before the future intrests of the team and their progress. I am therefore interested in gauging opinion as to how supporters who use this site and beyond would feel about the possibility of the fans buying out a large share in the club, so as to get an increased say in the running of the team. Although such a suggestion may seem ludicrous financially, it may be possible to raise funds through various methods.

Wor a load of shyte...    sizable majority?  125 votes and 77 below the middle does not count as sizable majority, 125 also hardly represents much of an accurate vote.

I'm also sure the percentage of votes comes from new users of this site, which of course wont accuratley reflect the feelings of the internutters.

As for the comments about lack of faith in the board totally defy belief, what apart from the Brew thing concerns you?

Thats probably why they have offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh and why Tulloch Construction are working on current contracts valued at ?22.9m and why Tulloch Homes have large scale house sites being built in Inverness, Aberdeen, Perth, Stirling, Glenrothes and Bonnybridge. Glenrothes site is 25 executive homes at prices from ?375,000. Profit from that one site will likely be around ?5m. Yep, small local company.