FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster vs. Christie

TomCaleyJag

Just worked out Brew and CC's last 30 games in management...

Christie- Won 10, Drawn 10, Lost 10  (Points- 40)

Brewster- Won 2, Drawn 11, Lost 17 (points- 17)

So why is everyone hailing Brewster as the returning hero? Am i the only one that thinks losing CC was a real blow?

CC 5 times as many wins as Brewster

Lost nearly half as many games

Over twice as many points

Christie has won one third, Brewster has won one fifteenth.

Surely a bit soon to be instigating a witch-hunt for Brewster.... If we are still rooted to the bottom of the table after our next 5 games - then have a think about it....

Also don't really agree with the premise of your thread : Brewster vs Christie

Does it mean you have to be in one or other of these camps?

think we did this subject to death a few weeks ago and it nearly ripped the site apart. Brewster has had 2 league games in charge and although defeated twice, away from home, the signs of improvement are there.

As much as I was very pro-Christie and said many times that he shouldn't be judged too harshly and too early, I have to say the same applies to Brewster. 2 games, 2 defeats, but 2 decent performances. way too early to pass judgment. As for the 30 game stats ... as someone who uses statistics a fair bit, I know that if you grab the right dataset, you can prove just about anything you want !

At the end of the day, whether he is a returning hero, a donkey, a judas or whatever your point of view is, the one fact is that he is ICT manager and we all need to get behind him and the players.

I was one of those who was very much against Brewster's return due to his abysmal record at Tannadice but for goodness sake he's the manager now, there have been promising signs in his first three games one of which produced a victory, albeit against Arbroath.

Give the man a chance !

This thread is moronic. Charlie Christie was not up to the job, end of story. Brewster took us forwards just as Pele and Robbo had before him, Christie took us backwards - fitness, organization, work rate, tactics, fighting spirit, flair etc all rotted away the longer he was in charge. At the very least I expect Brewster to get us back up to the level we were at before he left - challenging for the top 6.

Very harsh on Christie, I thought he had the makings of a very good manager and the team was showing signs of playing more attractive football albeit sporadically.

Christie did not leave because he was  poor manager but because he just wasn't cut out for the attendant stresses and strains of the position.

This is how i see things this season. In Games vs both the old firm, we will be lucky to maybe pick up 2-3 points over the whole season. Gretna, of the probable 4 games we will play them this season, I would be aiming for 8-10 points. The rest of the games will prob even out 50-50 over the season and we will prob take as many points from teams as we loose.

I am confident we will get some wins soon.....and this season i think our aim should be too ensure we get more points than Gretna. We have had it too good since we entered SFL......and i think we are now experiencing the realities of football

Just worked out Brew and CC's last 30 games in management...

Christie- Won 10, Drawn 10, Lost 10  (Points- 40)

Brewster- Won 2, Drawn 11, Lost 17 (points- 17)

So why is everyone hailing Brewster as the returning hero? Am i the only one that thinks losing CC was a real blow?

Perhaps it would be fairer to look at the record they each had under the ICT board of directors and not the notorious 'Grocer'

Prior to returning, Brewster won 34% of his games in the SPL compared to 33% for Charlie and 28.5% for Robbo.

If we turn that on its head and look at how many games each manager lost in the SPL, Brewster still comes out on top with a 30% losing record compared to 39% for CC and a whopping 57% for Robbo.

As I said above, if you choose your dataset wisely, you can get them to say whatever you like

Guest WynessLegend

Enough of this nonsense. I am delighted with Brewster's attitude and professionalism since returning to ICT.

He never fails to praise the squad and the attitude of our players.

Losing at Celtic Park is not unexpected, and the way we have been playing is very encouraging.

We will turn the corner - and hopefully this will silence the negativity prevalent on this board.

Very harsh on Christie, I thought he had the makings of a very good manager and the team was showing signs of playing more attractive football albeit sporadically.

Christie did not leave because he was   poor manager but because he just wasn't cut out for the attendant stresses and strains of the position.

Hear, hear.

Enough of this nonsense. I am delighted with Brewster's attitude and professionalism since returning to ICT. He never fails to praise the squad and the attitude of our players. Losing at Celtic Park is not unexpected, and the way we have been playing is very encouraging. We will turn the corner - and hopefully this will silence the negativity prevalent on this board.

I dont think there is a lot of negativity surrounding Brewster ... there are most definitely some widely varying opinions but you only need to look at this thread to find people who didnt necessarily think he was right for the job (including me), disagreeing with the first poster and saying that you cant judge him on two games. I have also made the point that he won a higher percentage of games in his first spell with the club than Charlie did.

I agree with TomCaleyJag that losing Charlie was a blow. I know Charlie, I like Charlie and anyone who has been an ICT supporter for any length of time knows how deeply he cares for the club so of course it was a blow. However, get rid of all the confusional mist, quotes and misquotes surrounding the resignation and the appointment of a successor and the bottom line is that Brewster is back as boss and deserves a chance to prove the doubters wrong. I will be nothing short of delighted if he does.

Courtesy of the media rights mayhem that surrounds the SPL, I havent been able to actually hear any of his comments, but I am not going to panic after two defeats, away from home to Hibs and Celtic. The performance against Hibs was good, and lets face it, this season, both Celtic and Rangers appear to be cranking it up a notch so getting a doing from them, while painful is not indicative of anything.

I will bow to the superior knowledge of the people who are actually seeing the game with their own eyes every week, but listening to it from afar and seeing part of the Celtic game on a satellite feed last weekend, I see signs of improvement from the players in the last few games. I have no idea if this is them getting out of a start of season funk or whether its because of what Brewster is doing or saying behind the scenes (like kicking *** perhaps), but its a definite improvement. The team that lost to Dundee Utd had their heads so far down that they were ploughing a furrow on the park, the team that got a doing this past weekend kept trying right up to the final whistle ....