FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Oh well after reading all reports on todays game i'm glad i couldnt make it ,

sounds like another flat game , repeat of boxing day !

Gretna on Saturday so onwards & upwards i say

We'll beat Aberdeen at home in March  :021:

MON THE CALEY

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The penalties we have given away:

v Aberden 02/01 - Ross Tokely, foul

v Killie 29/12 - Grant Munro, handball

v hearts 22/12 - Phil McGuire, foul

v Aberdeen 31/10 - Richard Hastings, foul

v Aberdeen 31/10 - Stuart McCaffrey, foul

v Hibernian 01/09 - Russell Duncan, handball

v Dundee Utd 25/08 - Stuart McCaffrey, foul

v Dundee Utd 25/08 - Grant Munro, foul

v Motherwell 11/08 - Grant Munro, foul

From what I've seen Rosscoe hasn't been up to his past standards this season.  Proctor could be a better bet over the next few games.

Disagree we were rubbish, we were better than Aberdeen but again gifted them the points in a wind that could cut you in half.  We did not make the most of the opportunities we created and moves broke down before getting into the Dons box.  I thought Bayne had a decent game and Black was the one class act for us. Niculae liked the cold as much as the fans huddled in the top corner wind tunnel.  The weather was the only winner as the game was completely ruined as a spectacle and the hard lumpy pitch made passing dodgy.  Fraser despite rubbish reports above did have to make a couple of stops and generally did ok.  Everybody struggled in the blustery gale and a penalty looked like the only way out, and so be it, at a time when we were so far ahead of the Dons, clumsy shove in the back and 1-0 it was.  Disappointing as we were superior to Aberdeen up to that point but ended up chasing the game and the Dons almost snatched a second but for Mike no saves Fraser blocking a shot with outstretched legs.  We really should have taken something from this, but ended up pointless, how disgusting is that once again.

Yup, criminal that Aberdeen can have played as badly as they did today yet somehow escaped with the 3 points.

Had a good laugh at Richie Byrne just before half time when he thought there was a foul or offside given and stopped going for the ball allowing Cowie plenty of time to put in a cross that, from an Aberdeen PoV, thankfully was no threat.

I wasn't at the game but correct me if I'm wrong, ICT we're told, are playing 4-5-1 with Bayne up front on his own.

Well having just watched the very brief highlights, it looked to me that we definately played 4-4-2, Niculae most certainly looked to be very much up front.

You can proclaim whatever formation you want, but the crux of the matter is where the guys actually stand when they are on the pitch once the game starts.  I would say Marius played slightly behind Bayne but in front of the main block of midfielders.  He was more subdued yesterday and resorted to shooting on site but that proved ineffective into a stiff minus 10 chillfactor hurricane in the first half.  He did have our best opportunity with a header which the keeper dived low to save but the cross held up in the wind and he could not get sufficient power in the header to seriously trouble Langfield.  He was also inches away from poking the ball in from a goalmoth melee and fired a couple of better shots goalwards but he did not play as effectively as he did against Killie when he was outstanding.  I thought Bayne put in a good shift winning balls chasing and harrying .  He fired in a good twenty yarder in the second half but Langfield was well positioned to pluck the ball from the top corner.  Fraser was solid Tokely undid his graft with the pointless challenge, McGuire and Granty dealt with everything with relative ease, Hasting, it's just a pity his crossing and shooting leaves a bit to be desired, Cowie worked hard again and made himself available, except for the one time he was not overlapping much to Rankin's annoyance I think, Black magic, including standard booking for late tackle, Duncan had a solid and sometimes flashy game, interspersed with wayward passes, but that is the norm, Rankin beavered away to little effect, not as big a miss as some believe, Marius too cold for him or maybe he just froze, Bayne played the targetman role to good effect, but alas no goals.  Richie Hart made an appearance, but it was too little too late.  I thought maybe Bazza would have got a run out for the last quarter but not to be, and wondered what was the point in leaving Wyness on the bench when we needed a goal. 

Still, we may not have beaten the Dons, but rest easy in the knowledge that we are a better team than them.  I can not imagine the home support being very pleased with the Dandies performance yesterday, although to be fair to both teams the wind was the real winner.

Being serious - why are we persisting with Marius away from home ?

I think Brew may already have cottoned on to that, but with Dennis not fit and Bayne being truely dreadful this season, hes had no other options.

I can see a striker with pace coming in in the summer to spearhead Brews 4-5-1 away from home.

Dean Shiels please

Offiong more likely (although he'd be great aswell)

Well, I suppose this thread just proves we all have opinions - so here is mine.

Bayne I felt was as good as could be expected trying to head flick high balls, in a gale, to non existent team mates!

Niculae, someone I feel is often the butt of political criticism, was anything but an international player, leaving Bayne so far up the park with no back up from him, to assist. On the subject of running, he(Niculae) was like a cart horse at times and seemed to offer his wonderful flicks to non-existent team mates and then standing glowering at this non-mind reading teammate, as if it was his fault! He also fed the opposition on occasions as well.

Our defence was well in control until that stupid challenge.

My son, a Dons supporter( I know, it hurts) was in the Merkland stand and thought we had a 'stone wall' penalty with Langfield in deep dooda BUT it was away at the far end from us so maybe we will see it on the box and find out if we were robbed.

Our manager although very involved in the game, seemed to be at odds with the supporters in his vision of the match and again showed reluctance to make the substitutions that we expected.

All in all the wind was the winner but well done to the travelling and local, ICT support!!

i thought we played the better football and was gutted n with tokleys tackle still cant believe he did that

blackie was mick pick of the players had a few shots on target in the first half yet again russel duncan was solid in the middle solid tackles as cold as i was i thought we played quite well through out

Niculae, someone I feel is often the butt of political criticism, was anything but an international player, leaving Bayne so far up the park with no back up from him, to assist. On the subject of running, he(Niculae) was like a cart horse at times and seemed to offer his wonderful flicks to non-existent team mates and then standing glowering at this non-mind reading teammate, as if it was his fault! He also fed the opposition on occasions as well.

That has been close to my impression on many away days this season.