FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Saturdays fixture at Motherwell

Naelifts

Having just seen the weather forecast for Friday, I have to say that I think this weekends game must be in jeopardy. The pitch was unplayable tonight presumably.

However, although missing a game would be a pain in the ***, I am still definately AGAINST a winter shut down.

Lets hope I am wrong. 

I was thinking of going to this one but, like Mr Naelifts, I checked the weather forecast and decided to, maybe, knock it on the head. Gale force winds and heavy rain in the area could see the game being called off and besides that the trains these days can't cope with such big puffs of wind or drops of water.

Wells pitch is like a desert at this time of the year, and it has been overused this season due to Gretna playing home games there.  Would be no surprise if this game fails to beat the weather.  Basically there is a game being played at Fir Park each week, the grass (sand) has no time to recover and it is not the best surface at the best of times.

If WE know this, then surely the club have a chance to take some action re protecting the pitch ( whatever that cuould be) or at least letting the travelling public know that there may be a problem.

One word.....Money!!!

Motherwell (or any club for that matter) will do nothing to risk putting people off and making alternative plans for the day until they absolutely have too.