FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Michael Barnes

Caley Braveheart

FFS Roger!

There should be a warning before opening that page mun - a picture like that could scare the youngsters who use this site.

Or even some of the older ones.  The Scarlet Pimple'll be havin nightmares for a week if he sees that.

Even I feel a little traumatised - first rounds on you now!  :016:

get him signed

anyone with pace should be able to walk into our squad, it's something we are severly lacking at the moment and have been for sometime

if he was even considered to be good enough and make a first team appearance for sir ferguson then he would no doubt do a job in the SPL

Guest Aboynamedsue

Didnt  John Rankin hail from Man U? & look how well he did for us .

Pity he's gone though :rolleyes02:

I reckon we should sign this new boy  :022:

On 25 October 2006, he made his debut for the first team, coming on as a half-time substitute for Phil Marsh. However, he himself was substituted just before half-time in extra time, being replaced by Ryan Shawcross.

However, due to a lack of opportunities in the Chesterfield first team, Barnes' loan contract was terminated prematurely and he returned to Manchester United after just three appearances for the Derbyshire club.

Couldnt get a game for a league 2 side :024:

At the end of the day it sounds like we are taking a sensible approach .....

He has been told that he will be released by Man Utd at the end of the season and I am assuming we cannot sign him as its outside the window so we are having a good long look at his capabilities before making a decision that would only be finalised come the end of the season.

As Kingsmills has said .... we have also been able to turn round some players whose careers may have stagnated or gone in the wrong direction so here's hoping he is lightning fast, has some skill and we get the benefit. For every Bajram Fetai out there, lets remember there is also an Anthony Stokes !!!

As Kingsmills has said .... we have also been able to turn round some players whose careers may have stagnated or gone in the wrong direction so here's hoping he is lightning fast, has some skill and we get the benefit. For every Bajram Fetai out there, lets remember there is also an Anthony Stokes !!!

He was a sensation eh...  but has he not flopped a wee bit?  i was going to suggest that we get him but his wages will eclipse even Marius'.

I suppose Deano has had a similar career path. Starting out as a well regarded member of the Arsenal youth set up before failing to impress in the English lower divisions or, more recently, with ICT.

dont think Deano has been given the chance to "impress" in the ICT setup - seems to have done ok in the reserves but not a whiff at a place in the first team !

At the end of the day it sounds like we are taking a sensible approach .....

He has been told that he will be released by Man Utd at the end of the season and I am assuming we cannot sign him as its outside the window so we are having a good long look at his capabilities before making a decision that would only be finalised come the end of the season.

If Man U were prepared to release him from his contract he'd be a free agent and could then sign. I wonder why someone from Chorley would come to us...............unless its to get away from Johndo. :003:

I wonder why someone from Chorley would come to us...............unless its to get away from Johndo. :003:

:015: - can picture it now .... He's running down the wing, cuts inside at the corner flag and suddenly a solitary voice booms out from the north stand .... "Hey ya ginger tawt, nice to see ya again ...." and the poor lad thinks "Oh #@$%, not that eejit from Chorley again, he's stalking me" before packing his bags and getting out of town as quickly as he can  :015: :015:

He wont sign for us, were too far north and not a big enough club. He will end up signing for a bigger central belt club like Motherwell, Airdrie or Albion Rovers.

JOKE I only said that because a comment like this appears in any potential signings threads  :023: