FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewsters from the mean streets of Dundee and hes a real "playa". He knows how to mange his hoes  :015:

Aye!...............weeding turnips

He's a smart man and knows that if his football managing career fails he will always have a job in manual farm labour. I just wonder what his bumbling excuses will be for the bad harvest.

Ralph Milne is a Dundee United legend and rightly so, from what I vaguely remember of him he was a quality player but then he moved to Man Utd and it all went Pete Tong.

Strange choice of username for an ICT website though  :014:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

This thread is bullsh"t.

The real reason the team is struggling at the moment is that it's spine has either left (Brown, Dodds, Dargo etc all left and were not replaced under Christie) or are past their best (Wilson, McBain, Wyness) this is the harsh reality.

Craig Brewster realizes this and has set about clearing out the dead wood. One of the reasons Dundee Utd are doing so well now after a decade of stagnation is because he lanced the boyle there, he cleared out the dead wood - slashed the wagebill, and signed hungry youngsters for the future (dylan, robb etc). He did the dirty work but wasn't given the time or money to rebuild. Levein is no alex ferguson! He just came in at the right time.

I have heard that he is unpopular with the players because he is an ultra hard taskmaster and fitness freak, this is a good thing! Left to their own devices the players totally let themselves go (remember the Christie era?) they spent most of the time allocated to be training in the gym lounging in the swimming pool, fact.

Some posters on here seem to think that Brewsters weeding out of players (Rankin, Hart) who fall short of his standards of professionalism, and his tendency to sign young players who he can 'mould' are flaws based upon some egocentric character disorder. Sounds more like common sense to me! Please understand. If you want to make an omlette you have to break some eggs!

Our squad is in serious need of major surgery. Of course it will hurt, of course there will be a decline in the short term, but it has to be done.

I feel Brewster's time is well and truly up :33: There has been lots of mentions re his standards and professionalism etc. with the likes of us loosing Rankin, Wilson, Hart and probably Wyness the guy doesn't have a clue!!! These guys are very good premier league players that don't seem to fit in with his so called regime... however, there is also another weak link in this managing of the club.. No.2 malky and he is a No.2!!! Since he has returned to the club there has been alot of unrest..... The worst thing was letting Parky go!!! Look how he has fitted in with Hibs??

This thread is bullsh"t.

The real reason the team is struggling at the moment is that it's spine has either left (Brown, Dodds, Dargo etc all left and were not replaced under Christie) or are past their best (Wilson, McBain, Wyness) this is the harsh reality.

Definitely one of the major reasons.

Craig Brewster realizes this and has set about clearing out the dead wood. One of the reasons Dundee Utd are doing so well now after a decade of stagnation is because he lanced the boyle there, he cleared out the dead wood - slashed the wagebill, and signed hungry youngsters for the future (dylan, robb etc). He did the dirty work but wasn't given the time or money to rebuild. Levein is no alex ferguson! He just came in at the right time.

Didn't see anything at that time to suggest CB could turn it around.  Levein has done a tremendous job at Dundee Utd and has a track record of being a decent manager in Scotland.  Brewster was only any good at ICT when he was playing.  He left at the first opportunity, completely failed and should have had to rebuild his rep in the lower leagues.

I have heard that he is unpopular with the players because he is an ultra hard taskmaster and fitness freak, this is a good thing! Left to their own devices the players totally let themselves go (remember the Christie era?) they spent most of the time allocated to be training in the gym lounging in the swimming pool, fact.

And yet, ICT were pushing for a top six finish.  Christie didn't have the stomach for the job.  Brewster doesn't have the talent.  Time to go (not that he should have been welcomed back in the first place).

This may have been raised before - haven't read all the posts about this BUT...could it be that the team aren't playing for the manager?   Dunfermline Athletic did that to Stephen Kenny when they had "issues" with their boss and maybe our guys are doin' the same.

Also - we have the WORST goalie in the SPL by a million miles...he's raaaank, really really bad and should never have been signed imho.  He is completely incapable of holding a ball and let's everything slip through his flapping, floppy, girly hand.  Get rid of him and things on the pitch MAY improve.

Also - we have the WORST goalie in the SPL by a million miles...he's raaaank, really really bad and should never have been signed imho.  He is completely incapable of holding a ball and let's everything slip through his flapping, floppy, girly hand.  Get rid of him and things on the pitch MAY improve.

Shock...Horror....someone that holds the same opinion as me. I been saying  this since Brown left

Would this be the same goalkeeper that made the save of the century against Celtic.  Don't blame Mike for our downfall, it's the manager and the people in front of him that need threir bums felt.

Quote from: Get_off_the_park_Wyness! on Today at 12:33:11 AM

This thread is bullsh"t.

If we're trying to figure out the identity of CB on these forums, then surely Get_off_the_park_Wynesss is a good bet - especially as the excuses posted by said poster were very defencive towards CB, and the name says it all! LoL

The honeymoon period is well and truely over for CB. The fans have been chanting it since he took over from CC, and I'll say it one more time - THANK FECK FOR GRETNA

Our goalie can only get better!!??!!    Let's feckin hope so guys but let's not hold our breath eh.  He's the weakest link in our team by a long way and lets us down again and again, despite the occasional 'good' save, what a waste of money he is.

I'm not blaming him alone for our poor results, but he's not up to the job.  He's hopeless!

Our goalie can only get better!!??!!    Let's feckin hope so guys but let's not hold our breath eh.  He's the weakest link in our team by a long way and lets us down again and again, despite the occasional 'good' save, what a waste of money he is.

I don't even know where to start with that one but if you honestly think that Fraser is the weakest link in the team then I can only assume you have some kind of vendetta against him as over the past couple of months there have been players who have performed considerably worse than him.

Every player in our squad has had a bad spell, as every player does, but to single out anyone is wrong. It all boils down to team selections, made by the manager.

A manager needs to know when a player needs to be dropped. A manager needs to find solutions to problems caused by injury/illness/poor form. A manager needs to know when to make the right tactical changes (subs inc) during a game to get the best possible result. A manager needs to ensure every player in his squad has the right moral and motivations leading up to, during and even after every single game.

We currently have a manager who does none of these things, and he must be shown the door. Our club captain made it clear that him and the players didn't want CC to depart and they were devistated. Where is he now when it comes to defending his managers???

As I posted on the other thread ("who will replace...."), we need a manager to do the job he is employed for and that is not Brewster. I do not know who it is, but what little confidence I had in Brewster is now long gone.

As a player - he was excellent, as an assistant manager ... who knows he might learn his trade, but as a manager at SPL level he has now failed three times.

The first time, he failed the loyalty test both to fans and the club. His "loyalty" comments a few weeks before he buggered off was a hard one to take - just like Pele signing for the Dons. He then failed for a second time... failing the ability test at DUFC winning only 2 of 29 games in charge.

Despite failures 1 and 2, we took him back - forgiving him somewhat for going to DUFC because it was his dream job in the same way that we forgave Robbo for going to his dream job at Hearts. Some even made excuses about his tenure at United and most made at least some allowances for the "difficulty factor" that seemed to be Eddie T and his revolving managerial door.

He did begin a "rebuilding" process at DUFC - and I will admit that some players he brought in seemed to be of decent quality - but by the time Eddie T pulled the plug, the team looked dispirited, without leadership, clueless, and toothless in attack ... does that sound familiar ? Within weeks, Craig Levein had rebuilt confidence within the side and look at DUFC now .... a team that had been languishing in the bottom half of the table for several seasons suddenly back where its size suggests it should be and with many of the same players that Craig and managers before him had available to them.

To use a baseball analogy ... Craig ... thats three strikes - you're out !!! (or should be)

We are safe from relegation and still have a chance of finishing bottom of our group.

You seem quite proud of that ... "we still have a chance to finish bottom ..." how exciting !!!

He needs time to re-structure the team as there is a lot of dead wood.

He needs to go on a horticulture course .... he's pruning the good wood and leaving the dead wood in his own office.