FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

brewster

Guest the4th stand

havent posted here in a while so im going to start doing it more regularly. Brewster in my opinion is finished here! He has been an utter joke this season. You have to admit it people that when the first time he came he didnt have a scooby in how to play players, he picked the team from a PLAYERS point of view and it worked! NOw he picks them from a MANAGERS view and it has backfired bigtime.

I never wanted Brewster back becasue i knew this would happen. He got us one good result against Celtic and thats been it. He has sold Brooney to the tims for a pittence, plays Niculae upfront on his own which doesnt work as he isnt a natural finisher, he should be playing Niculae just behind a strike partnership of Bayne/Wyness or Wyness/McAllister. NOW he has brought a player back he deemed to be not of an SPL quality the last time he was here! Same as with Brewster, Juanjo will disrupt the current team and try his stupid Mediterrainian football tricks he cant seem to do. Malkowski, Where do i start with him???

The board should give him the elbow and bring in someone with some managerial experience so he knows where we can improve the quality of the side. For too long have we depended on the players who took us through the leagues. Tokely has lost a lot of his skill he had years ago. Wyness hasnt been the same since leaving us the first time. Hastings might be the only player that has performed better this time around

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Brewster came in we had no points. We then had a couple of good months where we were getting results as well as playing some good footbal. Admittedly 2008 has been disappointing so far but we need a clearout in the summer as there are certain players not pulling their weight. Like it or not Brewster is probably the best option we could have in terms of what we can offord.

Robbo inherited a brilliant team who were flying at the top of the first division, he turned us into a negative side, started playing Spider in central midfield, and we ended up finishing a dismal fourth when at christmas it looked as if we were going to walk our way to the title. :017:

The following season Wilson returned and Bingham came with him. So we added by far the 2 best players outside the SPL to our squad - and we still ONLY JUST managed to pip Clyde at the post. Clyde ffs! :017:

Hardly a record worth shouting about in my opinion. If Robbo was a 'legend' it was only because he was standing on the shoulders of a giant (pele).

Guest birdog

whats the first thing a manager always does when he arrives at a club mid season?? he works on fitness

he does not mess with team or shape .its same old story il up fitness side bla bla bla robbo left you safe

brew kept you safe and if his methods so good why did utd have great run of 3 wins in 30 odd brew falls

out with players because of his training methods you have seen no real improvement in your team apart fro

robbo and then charlie christie brew two wins in 12 both agaist mighty gretna wow .good going fair do thi=ugh

you got battered by us in inverness brfore couple of romanov substitutions and roy of rovers getting the winner

and in fairness despite another 90 +minute winner you did deserve the win at fortress kaunas

I never said Brewster was a better manager than Robbo, if you had read my sig you would have realised that, the fact is Robbo may be a good coach but when he left us our squad fitness improved by miles under Brewster. I only pointed out that Robbo might not be as good a coach as you believe him to be.

Guest awayupingorgie

ha ha you guys are hilarious pele was good manager but never got you close to promotion

he did beat celtic granted but then did robbo not do that for you as well ???? i do beleive he lost

wyness and robson and stil won you the league and cup did pele do that ???? despite pele s celtic

resilt did he take you to hampden for two semis ????????no when the wee man returned to us he

took us to two semi finals (levein never managed thatin 5 years) and he took us to parkhead and

skelped celtic (levein never did that) what you guys want your location or budget does not help you

and imo robbo left to early to take up his dream job he just was not quite ready but he pulled off one

of our beast results ever beating basle away a team by the way who have lost only twice ever at home

to hearts and barcelona!!!! and you guys dont rate him hilarious enjoy the trips to livi partick dumfries

etc and mind and wave to county who might just pass you on way up

Someone told me that a replacement had been found for Brewster!!

Is it true??

How are we gonna know?

it's bad when reedee15 has a "source"  :rotflmao:

It was a forum on this site!!

So why are you reacting and posting in this thread about something that was said in a different!?!

Who said what about a different manager then?  Like everyone?! :015:

ha ha you guys are hilarious pele was good manager but never got you close to promotion

he did beat celtic granted but then did robbo not do that for you as well ???? i do beleive he lost

wyness and robson and stil won you the league and cup did pele do that ???? despite pele s celtic

resilt did he take you to hampden for two semis ????????no when the wee man returned to us he

took us to two semi finals (levein never managed thatin 5 years) and he took us to parkhead and

skelped celtic (levein never did that) what you guys want your location or budget does not help you

and imo robbo left to early to take up his dream job he just was not quite ready but he pulled off one

of our beast results ever beating basle away a team by the way who have lost only twice ever at home

to hearts and barcelona!!!! and you guys dont rate him hilarious enjoy the trips to livi partick dumfries

i would be more concerned about your own team if i was you ..... :023: :023:

Guest birdog

i would be more concerned about your own team if i was you ..... :023: :023:

Yeah we will still be enjoying trips to Castle Greyskull and the Piggery whilst his lot join Third Lanark and Gretna in the history books :004:

Pele built the team that got us to the SPL, we would of probably got promoted if he hadnt jumped ship. To even compare Robbo to him is laughable. I think you should be more concerned on your own team. Whats the debt at now?

Guest awayupingorgie

ha ha great thats why i am on this site i do beleive its about opinions pele was

and always will be great ict manager but you are now disrespecting the man who gave

you your best day yet by getting you there in the first place without falling out with players

without th tv money you get now and remember if it was not for him you would not be talking

about your visits to the likes of ibrox parkhead kaunascastle etc so despite your tender years young lady and living in the great city

of edinburh you should welcome him back as said in previous post he has persuaded good players

and some you never heard off and some like dods you never rated and they have been great you say

black was or is your most saleable assest and robbo produced him from nowhere brewter not in same

league as aplayer or manager as for my own teams troubles well join our forum anytime but remember vlad is

watching and listening he will find you and make you watch or even worse play for us !!!!

On 11 January 2008 - Inverness player-manager Craig Brewster revealed his playing career would officially be over at the end of the season. This meant Inverness losing their star striker after beating Gretna 3-0. Brewster had just been made MOM so how would he cope not playing and would the team be able to cope without this top class striker. On 14 January after a whipping by Hibs in the cup ICT WERE currently just four points behind third-placed Motherwell.

...scroll down

8 goals scored, 24 conceded, dropped from fourth to nineth, and then they met Gretna again and although Gretna were 20 odd players lighter, Gretna nearly salvaged a point. In the interim the players quite rightly felt Brewster the Manager, no longer Brewster the Player Manager, was not exactly Manager of the Month as he waited an age to get his first true win as a Manager. I suppose the meagre 8 goals we scored were because he was not playing any longer.

Guest awayupingorgie

i may not have th same loving and well brought up education as you pele is god but

when it comes to football what is your beef. your profile says your 20 and therefore

could only have been a teenager when pele was boss of caley and im pretty sure an

aberdeen mate of mine said that peles daughter was in edinburgh working or at uni

could that possibly be you my learned friend ? is this why your upset ? because robbo

achieved the promotion that evaded your father?? as said my beloved hearts are a

shambles and even we cant find a manager who can take mad vlad on but credit to

robbo he refused to stay as boss when he founed out vlad wanted to pick the  team

and refused no2 job as park would have lost his so respect there .just think you guys

could be missing out on guy who knows your club your city and your players .as said

previous biased but then he not known as hammer of hibs for nothing . this is ict thread

and i am siply pointing out an poinion and as said nice to join in something new rather than

talk debt 39mill and rising selling top striker and gk and seeing nothing of the money,pie

in the sky stadium ,who latest world class players/managers we are but never do get and

looking up my scrabble board to see how many points i can get to spell our next 3 kaunas

loan players.

I got to about the third line and then a migraine kicked in  :029:

One thing I gather from this thread is that the site users seem more evenly split on the prospect of a Robbo return as opposed to the feelings that were going round when Brewster was tipped to return.

It's never boring being an ICT Fan.