FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

brewster

Guest the4th stand

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was speaking with someone last night wh told me that it was already a done deal that brewster will NOT be manager next season. You all know john robertson works for orion or something like that, well apparently he will take over with barry wilson as assistant manager/coach.  Its the usual "I heard it from a friend of a friend" deal but thought id post it for the **** of it.  :003:

i was speaking with someone last night wh told me that it was already a done deal that brewster will NOT be manager next season. You all know john robertson works for orion or something like that, well apparently he will take over with barry wilson as assistant manager/coach.  Its the usual "I heard it from a friend of a friend" deal but thought id post it for the **** of it.  :003:

Yes, this scenario has been muted for some time now, and it wouldn't surprise me, although I wouldn't personally be for it.  I wasn't for Brewster either to come back, but now he's here, I believe he needs more than three quarters of a season to give him a proper chance.  Robertson was fine last time round but it was his own choice to seek the greener fields at Hearts.  Clearly he wasn't given a fair chance there, but he didn't set the heather alight at any of his other clubs either (Livingston, Dunfermline, Derry City).  I don't pretent to understand his Orion connection, but it seems a bit ominous.

I think Robertson did ok at both Hearts and Livi.  Robbo was always going to go to Hearts when the call came.  I know people have said the same with Brew but I just don't see the same connection with Dundee Utd.  He played for quite a few clubs, so would suspect his allegiance would be tainted.  Would Brew have left Dundee Utd for a team like Rangers or Celtic?  Think he would.  Would Robbo have left Hearts for them?  Not so sure.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back but preferably as an assistant to either Butcher or Pressley.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back but preferably as an assistant to either Butcher or Pressley.

Agree with that, take him back, but only as 1st team coach or an assistant!  Terry Butcher - good call for next manager!

Has anyone else noticed the lack of coaches for the 1st team we have?!?

Butcher failed in Sydney and at Brentford - no thanks!

Brentford's managerial list:

Martin Allen 18 March 2004-30 May 2006

Leroy Rosenior 14 June 2006-18 November 2006

Scott Fitzgerald 18 November 2006-9 April 2007

Barry Quin 9 April 2007-7 May 2007

Terry Butcher 7 May 2007-11 December 2007

Andy Scott 11 December 2007-Present

They're in then out.  The board has to take the blame for unreasonable expectations, with little money and no patience.

Butcher was also put under enormous pressure by Sydney, with one of the directors calling for his head after TWO WEEKS!  Despite horrendous injury problems, they still qualified for the finals.  They also had three managers in 2007.  Butcher basically had to win the finals or he was out.  No time to bring in his own team.  Again, I won't count that against him.  I'll judge him on Coventry (kept them in the EPL as is despite making a profit), Sunderland (disappointing) and Motherwell (a good job).

Even so, Pressley as player/manager with Robbo and Christie would be my choice.  we've done well with that kind of combination in the past.

Robbo didnt do any good at Hearts, and was poor at Derry, why would we think he could improve  ICT?

From Wikipedia:

In November 2004 he returned to Hearts as head coach and despite two cup semi-finals and a good season in Europe as well as finishing 5th in the league, he was sacked on 9 May 2005

Not that bad eh?  Remember, this is before the money rolled in (then rolled away).

I was in Ireland for a time and it definitely seemed to be personal problems that did for him (though I don't know what they were).  Robbo wouldn't commit himself to Derry and often wasn't even in the country full-time.  The fans not surprisingly didn't like that.

But I think he would improve ICT due to his record, same way as I think Brew would improve ICT if he was a PLAYER/manager.

I've heard a rumour that all of our ex head coches will be in charge next season. Expect to see Christie, Brewster, Robertson and Paterson all in the dugout next season...

Guest birdog

I've heard a rumour that all of our ex head coches will be in charge next season. Expect to see Christie, Brewster, Robertson and Paterson all in the dugout next season...

Why is Baltacha not coming back?....... I bet it's Brew's fault...... Bring back Baltacha I say.

the4thstand, andyp85 and foxy are obviously the same person. All new signings with exactly the same avatar and saying exactly the same thing over and over. :014:

Some on here seem to have nothing positive to contribute but visceral nonsense. The gleeful schadenfreude and bitter gluckschmerz aimed at brewster by certain characters over the last few months is tedious. You'd think he was the anti-christ!

Even more tedious are those fantasists who bore us with their made up 'insider' information to fit their agenda which turns out to be b*llshit 90% of the time.

The chairman just said in the Courier that we were going to have a larger budget for new players in the summer than we have ever had before. Like it or lump it CB is the top man and I hope he succeeds. His record isn't as bad as some make out. With the funds to bring in some much needed quality (and he has signed well in the past), and a full pre-season to mould the team (our best start to a season in recent years was our only one with Brew at the helm) I expect us to hit the ground running next term.

Robbo? You're having a laugh. The only former gaffer I'd want back is Pele. 

Baltacha will run the Centenary Club.

the4thstand, andyp85 and foxy are obviously the same person. All new signings with exactly the same avatar and saying exactly the same thing over and over. :014:

I had thought as well given the fact I was getting muddled up with the avatars all being the same.