FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Red Herring

caleyboy

So you think Dodds is rubbish, Zander Sutherland isn't good enough for the SPL, and Brewster is an 'ego monster'.

Interesting contributions. Your username isn't much of a disguise, get back over the bridge.  :32:

I'm glad you find them interesting. Which bridge do you mean The Infirmary Bridge, The Black Bridge, The Greig Street Bridge ..... ?  :024: 

The Chiarman is GONE, you cant get away from that and its no smokescreen. And like it or not this actualy strengthens Brewsters position because David Sutherland will have more influence again and it was him that got Brewster back. The other thing is its not up to you to "get rid" of Brewster.

The Chiarman is GONE, you cant get away from that and its no smokescreen. And like it or not this actualy strengthens Brewsters position because David Sutherland will have more influence again and it was him that got Brewster back. The other thing is its not up to you to "get rid" of Brewster.

Well well, that's me told then. :014: Knowledge must be a wonderful gift :004:

It must be the bridge over troubled waters, then,  as in Simon and Garfunkle, like? :001:

And that picture of Billy Connelly brings back memories of when I lived in Blantyre and I met and became friendly with Andy Daisley, the empresario . Andy took me to a smoke -filled dingy little bar in the heart of Glasgow and here was Billy cracking wise and cracking dirty jokes by the second on a wee stage a foot off the floor. I did find him very amusing in a bizarre Pimpillish, energetic, kind of way. Little did I know he would end up in Hollywood and little did I know that my next adventure with Andy would be to drive Stefan Grapelli , complete with violin to an up-country gig somewhere in the heart of Lanarkshire.

This was followed by another exciting  gig where Andy arranged for a film of a long-lost match between Real Madrid and Inter Milan to be located and projected in a church on Blantyre High Street, a feature which we promoted vigorously with leaflets all over the town.The object being to raise funds for the wee boys football team that I was assisting in running in the Dalcraig housing estate where we stayed. Oh well, we expected maybe to sell tickets to  20 boys, maybe 25, but on the night over 100 boys from all over showed up at the door and we had a complete riot .Every goal was cheered to the rafters and I must admit I enjoyed the gig as much as anyone could.

If anyone from that area knew of, or knows of, Andy at all please contact me  because I often wondered what happened to him? I suppose he has passed on now but, old chap, if you are looking down on me at this moment  then welcome, I thought you were the best, and a  truly great guy. Cheers Andy and remember the Lindy Hop? :021: