Starlet to non starter

Dmacca

Who's the best player/most highly rated player you have seen who never made it? At Bristol Rovers not so long back there was a lad called Simon Bryant, he played England under 21's and so say had the world at his feet, now he's nowhere to be seen.

When Ifirst saw Martin Bavidge play when he was about 16 or 17 I was convinced that he was the most skillful young player I'd ever witnessed on a football pitch.

I was sure that he would go on to play for Scotland and star in the English Premiership.

Just goes to show why I'm not a football scout.

Eion Jess must hold the record for longevity of holding the most promising player title. Seemed his whole career he was touted as such...even in his thirties! I never rated him tho

Scott Mclean was sh*t hot before he got injured. He was never really the same player afterwards. Wayne Addicoat, Marco DeBarros, Sandy Robertson and David Bagan were all pretty good early doors for ICT but seemed to fade away somehow. 

Eoin Jess (linked to seria A leaders Parma, ended up at bradford) is probably the worst offender. Then again, pretty much every aberdeen youngster of the last 20 years has been over-rated and totally flopped. It wasn't so long ago Phil McGuire was supposedly being looked at by Liverpool :015:

Rory McAllister  :023:

You'd be surprised just how many coaches in the SPL actually rate McAllister quite highly!!!

In fact, if he was to be transfer listed I doubt we'd have much trouble in getting a few quid in our pocket for him when you hear some of them talking about him.

Weird eh!!!!

Rory McAllister  :023:

You'd be surprised just how many coaches in the SPL actually rate McAllister quite highly!!!

In fact, if he was to be transfer listed I doubt we'd have much trouble in getting a few quid in our pocket for him when you hear some of them talking about him.

Weird eh!!!!

and which ones did you hear talking about him CaleyD?

and which ones did you hear talking about him CaleyD?

I'm afraid that I have trouble remembering the names of half our own coaching staff, never mind visiting coaches.  Others on here have heard the same things, maybe they can help me out with names.

Martin Bavidge.  But then it was his choice to remain a part-time player so he could study aswell.

Neil MacDonald the guy who scored the goal that kept us in the first division the season we finished below County.  Always thought we should never have let him go.