FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster

TomCaleyJag

Do you still support Craig Brewster, and believe he is the right man to take the club forward?  

356 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

And anyway, yes if he does under-performed for two years then fine, but whats out of order is Brew offering the contract, publicly stating how much he wants to keep Wyness, then as soon as Wyness is ready to sign he withdraws it.
you have all the facts do you?you have it from his agents mouth that he didnt move the goalposts at the 11th hour?we,ll never know the full facts but if the agent did move the goal posts then good on brewster for making a stand against agents,whom mostly are the scum of the earth out to line there own pockets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then goes onto grossly mis-treat a club legend.

i wouldnt say he,s a legend

WHAT?? What does constitute a legend these days? All-time top scorer and scored over 10% of the club's goals in history. Ridiculous comment.

so thats a reason just to keep him is it? and pay him a good wage,just because he was the all time clubs goalscorer and is a legend in some eyes,fact is this season he hasnt looked intrested,and after the contract withdrawl he should be fighting for every ball to impress brewster rather than wander about aimlessly looking dis intersted,jim calders a club legend,we need another keeper for next season,so let bring him back,pay him a wage just because hes a club legend  get a grip :014:

And anyway, yes if he does under-performed for two years then fine, but whats out of order is Brew offering the contract, publicly stating how much he wants to keep Wyness, then as soon as Wyness is ready to sign he withdraws it.

you have all the facts do you?you have it from his agents mouth that he didnt move the goalposts at the 11th hour?we,ll never know the full facts but if the agent did move the goal posts then good on brewster for making a stand against agents,whom mostly are the scum of the earth out to line there own pockets

There is no evidence to the contrary. All news reports say the club removed the offer, and unless the club comes out and "sets the record straight" theres no reason not to believe them.

and then goes onto grossly mis-treat a club legend.

i wouldnt say he,s a legend

WHAT?? What does constitute a legend these days? All-time top scorer and scored over 10% of the club's goals in history. Ridiculous comment.

so thats a reason just to keep him is it? and pay him a good wage,just because he was the all time clubs goalscorer and is a legend in some eyes,fact is this season he hasnt looked intrested,and after the contract withdrawl he should be fighting for every ball to impress brewster rather than wander about aimlessly looking dis intersted,jim calders a club legend,we need another keeper for next season,so let bring him back,pay him a wage just because hes a club legend  get a grip :014:

No I never said Dennis should get a contract because he is a legend. I merely said that he was a legend, and found it ridiculous that any fan can argue otherwise.

All news reports say the club removed the offer, and unless the club comes out and "sets the record straight" theres no reason not to believe them.

Keep up Tom, the club set the record straight weeks ago.

All news reports say the club removed the offer, and unless the club comes out and "sets the record straight" theres no reason not to believe them.

Keep up Tom, the club set the record straight weeks ago.

My mistake if thats the case, can I get a link or a summary from someone of what was said?

There is no evidence to the contrary. All news reports say the club removed the offer, and unless the club comes out and "sets the record straight" theres no reason not to believe them.

it was in the press,and if its un true why hasnt wyness agent denied it?

wyness agent

Someone can correct me if my sums are wrong - but I think my mental arithmetic is still pretty decent.

Brewster's league record since he returned to the club - Played 32, won 13, drawn 3, lost 16, scored 48, conceded 50, 42 points

Brewster's league record in his first spell, according to soccerbase - Played 45, won 14, drawn 17, lost 14, scored 49, conceded 44, 59 points

And, for comparison, 10CC's record in SPL games - Played 58, won 21, drawn 16, lost 21, scored 72, conceded 72, 79 points

On points per game, there's barely anything to choose between them.

all avenues point to his agent upping the ante,why would the club offer him a deal on the friday ,and withdraw it on the mond :014:y? otherwise,if they wanted to wait and see how he played on the sat why not just offer it to him on the monday

"However, he then came back to us looking for more money." - Graeme Bennett

"I have decided to put Dennis' contract offer on ice until the end of the season, as I need to get a reaction from him..." - Craig Brewster

Two apparantly contradictory statements there, as Bennett blames the agent, but Brew seems to be claiming responsibility for withdrawing the offer...

[No I never said Dennis should get a contract because he is a legend. I merely said that he was a legend, and found it ridiculous that any fan can argue otherwise.
well theres no other reason to give him a contract,hes looked dis-intrested lately,iam sure if i loved the club as much as he says he does,and my future depended on it i would be gonig all out to impress the boss,not wander about looking as if i didnt care

"However, he then came back to us looking for more money." - Graeme Bennett

"I have decided to put Dennis' contract offer on ice until the end of the season, as I need to get a reaction from him..." - Craig Brewster

Two apparantly contradictory statements there, as Bennett blames the agent, but Brew seems to be claiming responsibility for withdrawing the offer...

maybe brewster thought if the agent wanted more cash it would drag on for ages,so wanted to focus on results instead,and has he seen a reaction fromm wyness? no he hasnt,so hes justified

Think the deal was agreed before Brewster was settled.  Basically, on the advice of the former manager.  Think once Brew had a look, he decided Wyness wasn't good enough.  For me, I think he can get it back with a good pre-season, so I'd offer a 6-month deal with further options.  If he doesn't then time to go.  I believe it's been mostly down to injury that he has been poor recently.

Think Brew still needs to go.  Brief upsurge of form but his track record as a manager (without playing) is poor.  Let him learn his trade in the lower leagues, then he can come back.  It's his Dundee Utd record that frightens the life out of me.  Just don't think he's got it in him to stop a slide next year.

I will delay comment until after the Falkirk game. I think people who get to TCS games possibly see better play, but there hasn't been an away game this year that hasn't been absolute crap.

Guest birdog

I think people should be allowed to have anything they like on a banner provided it's not abusive.  Your flag contained nothing but an opinion and although I may not agree with such things I believe that whoever removed it was wrong to do so....if you haven't got the flag back, then you may want to report the theft and ask the Police/Club to look at the CCTV footage to ascertain the perpetrator.

Well said CaleyD, very fair and sporting of you. :021: :021: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :023:

He said weve had a not bad season.

Which we havn't.

Bumped out of the Cups in shocking fashion (thumped by the Dons, destroyed by Hibs in a matter of minutes) and no where near Top 6 when it mattered. Not a bad season but not a good one. We might have one of our highest points totals of recent seasons but look how many clubs are above us and teams like St. Mirren can still finish ahead of us.

I feel we've gone back somewhat this season on the pitch. Off it we are still a shambles but it's just more public now.

Dont forget his comment about "we have had a good season"...priceless

He said weve had a not bad season.

Which we havn't.

Obviously this is totally open to opinion, but I really don't rate this season as a good one. We've had good moments, the win over Celtic was magic, the away win at Hearts was good too, but no-where near the top six, early cup exits, and if it weren't for the shambles at Gretna we'd be right in a relegation battle. I certainly view this season as by far our worst in the SPL. And I believe Brewster, Smith and to a certain extent Bennett are to blame.

I just came up with a great idea, but not sure if it will swing....perhaps the club could actually show some signs that the give a toss about the opinions of the fans, that way they might not feel the need for such visual displays!!!

A++++++++++ for you CaleyD. 100% spot on.

Said this before................I'm prepared to give Brew the chance to build his own team and see how they perform. That will be where he can really be judged. He didn't get the chance here first time. He went to Dundee to get rid of players and so far he hasn't had the chance since he came back. The board have said there will be money for players this time so lets see what he does.

We didn't finish top six but we should still finish in a respectable position.

I just came up with a great idea, but not sure if it will swing....perhaps the club could actually show some signs that the give a toss about the opinions of the fans, that way they might not feel the need for such visual displays!!!

If clubs sacked their managers or changed their boards every time the fans called for it, there would be no continuity and they would fall apart.  Fans are fickle, and most are stupid.

I'm not just on about Brewster, it's the whole attitude that seems to exist at ICT where they think Fans should be seen and not heard.  The empty promises that things will be done, only for problems to be swept under the carpet and conveniently forgotten about.....the arrogance that drives an opinion where the club/manager thinks a couple of good results fixes everything (on and off the park).....the chain of thought that says we should all be dancing in the streets at avoiding relegation each season.

This is perhaps something for another thread, but all ICT ever seem to do of late is paper of the cracks.  They're like a dodgy car salesman who quickly glosses over the fact that the car your looking at has rusty sills and a loose steering wheel as if they aren't important, because what your looking at is a classic and you can expect a few little problems.  A few wee issues I could accept, but when the chassis is rotten and steering is screwed then your either going to fall apart somewhere down the road or end up in a ditch.....regardless of how much you polish the car has on it.

Guest birdog

This is perhaps something for another thread, but all ICT ever seem to do of late is paper of the cracks.  They're like a dodgy car salesman who quickly glosses over the fact that the car your looking at has rusty sills and a loose steering wheel as if they aren't important, because what your looking at is a classic and you can expect a few little problems.  A few wee issues I could accept, but when the chassis is rotten and steering is screwed then your either going to fall apart somewhere down the road or end up in a ditch.....regardless of how much you polish the car has on it.

Not quite sure where you are going with this.

ICT are the salesman, right? Brewster is the gloss, right? or is he the steering wheel? Is Wyness the classic bit? Tokely the sills? Marius the few wee issues? Who the feck is the polish? Zibi? Because he is leaving afaik.

Sorry CaleyD I have tried reading between the lines but I just don't see where you are taking us here.

I see exactly what CaleyD is talking about.

I am definitely in the Brewster out camp.  I wasn't at the game but from all accounts we played attractive, attacking football against a team with the record low points total and relegated in March...

I have my doubts that the kind of football witnessed against lowly Gretna will be reproduced against a team of higher quality.  I await the St Mirren game eagerly...  :rolleyes02: