FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]See the stats etc after the game has ended by choosing today's game from HERE[/li] 
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]At the game ? SUBMIT A MATCH REPORT [/li]

LINEUPS

FALKIRK

[attach=1]

ICT                                         

[attach=2]

post-2-1210427028.gif

post-4-1210427028.gif

Looks like SKY got the lineups wrong ...... according to the BBC Russell Duncan came on at half time and Brew is NOT a sub. SKY have now changed their lineup page and added Duncan to it and removed Brewster !!!

Guest TinCanFan

I wonder if the long ball was back.  It didn't happen so much last week and ICT played far better, so knowing Brewster he probably brought it back.

I wonder if the long ball was back.  It didn't happen so much last week and ICT played far better, so knowing Brewster he probably prought it back.

Thats an interesting point. Did Brew decide to play passing football because it was "only" gretna? If so, lets see a bit of courage from Brew and try passing it vs. falkirk, st mirren etc. As the long ball game clearly isn't working.

Guest birdog

Since coming into SPL would i be right in saying we've finished up 7th twice  8th & now this season we're looking like a possible 9th ?

Hope we're not looking at 10th next season !!! :024:

If St Midden beat us next week we finish 10th, if we draw St Midden still have a game in hand and could still possibly over take us. 10th this season is a very real possibility.

Just back from game............wish I hadn't bothered. Mediocre is about the only word I can think of to describe it. The Falkirk keeper was getting cramp from lack of movement. Someone please tell the players there is no law whereby after the third successful pass the ball has to be given back to the opposition. And take the armband of Rossco, he done nothing to try and fire up his team. They did try a passing game for some of the match  but at times, it seemed, the punt up seemed all they knew. And Mike needs to learn about throwing the ball out to loan wingers instead of punting it anywhere.

Seemed to me like the majority of the players on both sides didn't really want to be there and that also went for the crowd. My first time at Westfield and it was quieter than McDairmid on an away day.

Wilson, Imrie and Cowie tried to work something but the rest would have been as well staying at home.

Since coming into SPL would i be right in saying we've finished up 7th twice  8th & now this season we're looking like a possible 9th ?

Hope we're not looking at 10th next season !!! :024:

If St Midden beat us next week we finish 10th, if we draw St Midden still have a game in hand and could still possibly over take us. 10th this season is a very real possibility.

St Mirren couldnt get one past Gretna today so i'm confident we'll beat them next Saturday & isnt it Rangers who their game in hand's with !

It wasn't quite as bad as other recent away games, and we did have some reasonable spells at passing as well as punts, but we seemed to have developed an aversion to shooting, as if no-one wanted to take responsibility. Agree with Imrie, Cowie and Wilson, but also thought McBain did not bad at times. And Vigurs was pretty energetic when he came on at the end (by which time I was almost comatose, I have to admit).

Apologies to whoever I told about the road signs making it easy - the council seem to have taken them all down and I got lost myself because I usually rely on them being there....

Imrie, Wilson and Cowie were the standouts particularly Bazza in the first half.  Also felt Marius had a reasonable game.  Imrie always looks hungry for the ball and seems to be a good signing from Brewster.  Agree with the last poster in that all the players seemed hesitant in taking a pop at goal instead preferring to pass the ball to someone else.  Why is this?  Is it a confidence issue ?

Incidentally why was Blackie subbed at half time?

The comments so far about the match are pretty fair.  One team gave a **** about the result and one didn't.  Can you tell which was which?  Between Wilson's wonderful chance early on and the late penalty, we couldn't have scored in a brothel.

The game was a carbon copy of when they beat us at TCS in March.  Our tactics against the Bairns are the footballing equivalent of the Munich treaty of 1938 - we gave them huge amounts of territory unnecessarily, which only made them stronger and more dangerous (that's the worst metaphor I've thought of in ages, but I'm sticking to it).  The two big differences today was that we missed Munro, and they had Higdon back - I thought he gave Proc a horrible time and he was the best player on the park.

It looked like we were trying to play 4-5-1 with Niculae deeper than Rory, but Rory couldn't hold up a baby, let alone a ball.  On the rare occasions that we tried putting passes together we had some success, so, true to Brewster Logic, we therefore decided to instead punt long balls.  And somehow, despite extra bodies in midfield, Falkirk could have driven a bus down the centre of the pitch without running over anyone.  Then in the second half our midfielders kept swapping all over the pitch, and the only consequence was that none of them were there to help when we were defending.  The first goal appeared to be hopeless marking; the second one was so easy that a bunch of traffic cones would have made it more difficult for the Falkirk attack than our defence.

And it's all I can do to stop myself launching into a tirade about Rory's performance and the decision to play him as a lone striker.  The nicest thing I can say about him is that he is a waste of space.  He is either lazy, cowardly, incompetent or a combination of the three.  And that meant that, on the rare occasion we got the ball up the pitch, we lost it again, quick as a flash.

Did Black get injured?  It meant we had to put up with the textbook Duncan performance of misplaced passes, poor positioning and multiple shots from distance that endangered only the ballboys behind the goal.

Positives?  Well, my all day breakfast at the Little Chef North of Stirling was nice.

That's the first away game I've done since New Year.  God have mercy on those who go to all of these if our performances are anything like this.

Well Hissy, you're the lucky one. I turned up expecting to be pleasantly surprised if we managed to even score a goal. Away from home we have been totally shyte all season and I'll try not to mention Rory as he probably feels like shyte already.

I never even managed to get a pint today. Mind you at least I never had to pay in due to the number of comps that were floating around at half two.

Did I mention it was a load of shyte?

Brewster out.