FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae replacement

PullMyFinger

I see lots of references on this forum about and I quote "Nicuulae replacement" and I wonder whether this is creating expectation amongst the fans and whether this will in turn put extra pressure on any new striker/strikers we may get. Remember this team grew as a team and it will move forward as a team, looking to an individual to pull the rest of the team forward is folly as we witnessed last term and creates unrest in the dressing room re wages, etc.. I for one look forward to the new season not to see another prima donna putting himself in the shop window but to watch the team I love compete at the highest level they are likely to reach and maybe have a good cup run.

Dont think its so much about a Niculae replacement. More an awareness that we need an experienced front man. Someone who can coach and cajole the youngsters in training and during a match.

But more than that we need a 25 year old cross between Blobby Mann and Darren Dods

Dont think its so much about a Niculae replacement. More an awareness that we need an experienced front man. Someone who can coach and cajole the youngsters in training and during a match.

But more than that we need a 25 year old cross between Blobby Mann and Darren Dods

Alex I was quoting other posters when I said Niculae replacement, I agree with you about the need for an experienced forward but my concern is that expectations may be too high.

I think Granty may be a revelation this season and he is more than capable of filling the void left by Dods, given time he'll come good.

Was it not Brewster himself that said that ' now that Nicoulae has gone we need to replace him ' so the pressure may also come from within the club, also is Barrowman not the player to fill those boots?

If we sign Milne he would be a direct replacement for Bayne, Rooney would be to replace Denzil...

I always thought that mantle fell to McDonald.

Good point and certainly intially he would have been but I guess with Marius's pedigree he would have, in theory, been the more natural successor?

I don't really see why they were looked on as regular goalscorers because neither of them were paticuarly prolific for any of there previous clubs.

Although in saying that i suppose Dargo wasn't when we signed him and look what we brought out in him.

I always saw Niculae as more of an inspirational player if you know what i mean, he always had an extra trick or two or that sharper insntinct and he always tryed to make something happen...if he had been sharper in front of goal and we all know he had plenty chances a player of his standards should put away to add to his tally he would have been looked upon as an even better player...mayb'e even gone for more money.

Deano at the end of the day was just a waste of a wadge.

I think people say we need a replacment for Marius because he was quite a creative striker and he had more chance of competing for long balls and such.

Good point and certainly intially he would have been but I guess with Marius's pedigree he would have, in theory, been the more natural successor?

Agreed, I just remember an interview on the official site I think it was where McDonald claimed he would have to be his own player and couldnt be like Dargo.

Realistacally (sp?) though, I always thought it unfair to ask a player to replace Dargo. IMO Dargo was the best player to play for us in the SPL (Brewster aside) and for a striker to score 17 goals in a team that finishes in the bottom half of the league is something I can't see being done for a long time.

Realistacally (sp?) though, I always thought it unfair to ask a player to replace Dargo. IMO Dargo was the best player to play for us in the SPL (Brewster aside) and for a striker to score 17 goals in a team that finishes in the bottom half of the league is something I can't see being done for a long time.

Yup. I think at one point that season he was fighting it out with Hartson (?) for the top scorer in the SPL he had scored that many. And of course he scored in 7 or 8 games in a row or something. He might not have been here for long but Dargo was perhaps one of our top 3 strikers ever at ICT.

I don't want a replacement Niculae.

It would be much better to sign someone who ends the season with a decent tally of SPL goals, joins in with the team work ethic and doesn't cost a fortune. :rotflmao:

Ideally someone worth the adulation, worship, hero status and cash they received!