FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Big Les's take on this season

Alex MacLeod

Stolen from BBC

INVERNESS FAN LES KIDGER, 40, ORIGINALLY FROM NEWCASTLE

"The season ahead is our most challenging. We need to get off to a good start and I think that the opening fixtures give us opportunity to do that.

"I'm confident we will carry a good scoring threat this season. It was a blow to lose striker Marius Niculae, but one player does not make a team and we've recovered from losing important players in the past like Darren Dods and midfielder John Rankin.

"Who knows, perhaps the next Marius Niculae is just round the corner. In any case, Caley fans have high hopes for new signing Andy Barrowman this season.

"I'd still like to see manager Craig Brewster make a few more signings before the transfer window closes. Our backline needs strengthening.

"The squad at Inverness has always been very close-knit team and they gel very early. We've also had one of our best ever pre-seasons, so I'm optimistic about the new season.

"Success would be a top six finish. Craig Brewster is about to begin his first full season in charge at the club. He's still relatively new to management and if he gets backing from the board, he can do well.

"He'll be aiming for a top six finish, and come the split I don't think we'll be far away.

"The main problem for us now that we're in the SPL, the wheel of success will turn very slowly. The Old Firm dominate the league and it's difficult for the other clubs to make the breakthrough."

Another mercenary around the feckin corner - Lord feckin forbid. That departure is the main positive in the pre season.

Perhaps I am being over cautious but I would be happy with getting out of the releagtion zone as soon as possible first - a top six finish can wait till later - but I am also more keen on having a cup semi-fonal to savour this season.

I agree with the tight knit spirit and this may well return again as we have to play as a unit again and not pander to the needs of individuals.

• 9 months later...

Stolen from BBC

INVERNESS FAN LES KIDGER, 40, ORIGINALLY FROM NEWCASTLE

"The season ahead is our most challenging. We need to get off to a good start and I think that the opening fixtures give us opportunity to do that.

"I'm confident we will carry a good scoring threat this season. It was a blow to lose striker Marius Niculae, but one player does not make a team and we've recovered from losing important players in the past like Darren Dods and midfielder John Rankin.

"Who knows, perhaps the next Marius Niculae is just round the corner. In any case, Caley fans have high hopes for new signing Andy Barrowman this season.

"I'd still like to see manager Craig Brewster make a few more signings before the transfer window closes. Our backline needs strengthening.

"The squad at Inverness has always been very close-knit team and they gel very early. We've also had one of our best ever pre-seasons, so I'm optimistic about the new season.

"Success would be a top six finish. Craig Brewster is about to begin his first full season in charge at the club. He's still relatively new to management and if he gets backing from the board, he can do well.

"He'll be aiming for a top six finish, and come the split I don't think we'll be far away.

"The main problem for us now that we're in the SPL, the wheel of success will turn very slowly. The Old Firm dominate the league and it's difficult for the other clubs to make the breakthrough."

He obviously comes with a great deal of knowledge cos he's from Newcastle B) :lol: :D

Well I'm happy to say that I'm a Sunderland fan (My second team after ICT) so hard season but still in the Premiership!

And Mr IHE all i can say to you is you owe me a large vodka and coke! Well Overdue...

and think i have now lost my BBC online slot :lol: